Multiplat Divinity: Original Sin 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Arguably Game of the Year came out yesterday, and no thread? What are you all doing?!

Divinity: Original Sin 1 rebooted the CRPG genre better than any other game could with some of the best combat you could possibly have, and the sequel has taken the series to the next level.

No console release yet, but the first game ended up having great ports so this one almost certainly will.

• Banned
I haven't got it yet because I think I saw it was still early access with only a couple acts completed? Loved the first (actually casually playing through again every now and then) but wanted to wait for the sequel to be completed before I got it.
Did you miss the big release banner on Steam yesterday? It's out!

uGgn69F.jpgp

Played about 10 hours and I love it. This is like a game made in an alternate universe where top down RPGs didn't vanish as a genre but rather kept being made and evolved/improved. Pillars of Eternity was enjoyable enough but it felt like a game that could have been released in 2000. I'm having a total blast with this one. It seems to be a huge success for Larian too, hopefully other developers take note that there is still a big market for games like this.

Really want to get this but should I get the first game before jumping into the sequel? Are there plot points that won't make sense without playing the first game?

Really want to get this but should I get the first game before jumping into the sequel? Are there plot points that won't make sense without playing the first game?

No need to play the first apart from some very minor understanding of lore.
It's a whole new story set in a different time and different places.

The mechanics are explained well again in this.

First game is really good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitive Edition announced, along with the console versions coming in August.

Just released on consoles as the Definitive Edition, which was also a free update on PC.

Can a mod change the prefix header from PC to Multiplat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back