D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The VAFA is rigged. Will do anything to stop the boys from Keysborough to win their granny. Had the best season by a country mile... Don't see why they would ever need to cheat. Cleanest and most deserving team I've seen in a long time.
They’re pretty scummy and disrespectful. Their seniors are good guys and theirs maybe 10 good reserves players rest of them are violent, abusive *******s.

Pouring one out for the JOCs at Keyborough Hotel at 7:30 tonight, feel free to join... Would be good to have a Big Footy meet up.
Gotta say I feel for the committee and volunteers from St Johns. I assume this was an admin mistake or they just didn't know all the bloody rules we have to adhere to, and they were not actively 'cheating'.

Running a footy club is bloody a lot of work and then shit like this happens and the volunteer committee will probably get the blame for it!! They would obviously be feeling awful about what has happened and the situation.

Kudos to all those people who put in the time week after week, year after year, so ordinary footballers like myself (and the rest of us in this division) can run around on a Saturday and kick a footy; because they often get little or no recognition!

Last edited:

Gotta say I feel for the committee and volunteers from St Johns. I assume this was an admin mistake or they just didn't know all the bloody rules we have to adhere to, and they were not actively 'cheating'.

Running a footy club is bloody a lot of work and then s**t like this happens and the volunteer committee will probably get the blame for it!! They would obviously be feeling awful about what has happened and the situation.

Kudos to all those people who put in the time week after week, year after year, so ordinary footballers like myself (and the rest of us in this division) can run around on a Saturday and kick a footy; because they often get little or no recognition!
Well said. The backbone of our community.

If there's anything positive to come out of this, we fortunately get to see the Ruck Machine have one last hitout for the year.

What actually occurred?
I know a couple of the boys at St John’s and there was a player that doubled up in the last round because numbers were short.

Apparently when doubling up it doesn’t count on your games played.. so by the sounds of it the player was one game short due to a ticky tak rule.

Seems like someone has complained to Vafa HQ and they have disqualified St. John’s.

Feel sorry for everyone down there

I know a couple of the boys at St John’s and there was a player that doubled up in the last round because numbers were short.

Apparently when doubling up it doesn’t count on your games played.. so by the sounds of it the player was one game short due to a ticky tak rule.

Seems like someone has complained to Vafa HQ and they have disqualified St. John’s.

Feel sorry for everyone down there
This story has been confirmed to me and FWIW I don't think they should be punished to that extent of missing a grand final, surely a fine would have been appropriate in this circumstance ?

By the way how many club officials would be aware of this rule ?

This story has been confirmed to me and FWIW I don't think they should be punished to that extent of missing a grand final, surely a fine would have been appropriate in this circumstance ?

By the way how many club officials would be aware of this rule ?
Welcome to the Vafa

A bit harsh. We all pay fees and to take the Grand Final away from the boys for a div 7 Reserves game. You get less for murder

But hey, Obviously someone from Box Hill knows the rules and sooked up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Vafa

A bit harsh. We all pay fees and to take the Grand Final away from the boys for a div 7 Reserves game. You get less for murder

But hey, Obviously someone from Box Hill knows the rules and sooked up
It appears so billyboi, I feel for your club as I don't think this is a case of blatant cheating.

Surely there is a way of finding this out when team lists are input before the game rather than after ?

It appears so billyboi, I feel for your club as I don't think this is a case of blatant cheating.

Surely there is a way of finding this out when team lists are input before the game rather than after ?

Of course there is. Perhaps a little well let's hope they don't notice might have occured. Or a phone call to the VAFA to query it in the week leading up.

Ignorance isn't going to hold up in the VAFA court

Of course there is. Perhaps a little well let's hope they don't notice might have occured. Or a phone call to the VAFA to query it in the week leading up.

Ignorance isn't going to hold up in the VAFA court
Not if you are unaware of this rule though, did you know this rule applied ?

It doesn't seem deliberate to me, I always thought that if you doubled up it was okay and these were added to your games tally?

Not if you are unaware of this rule though, did you know this rule applied ?

It doesn't seem deliberate to me, I always thought that if you doubled up it was okay and these were added to your games tally?

The rule if you didn't play enough games? Sure.

If you double up it counts for the highest game played? Sure

Feel for them but the rules are pretty simple and set out

The rule if you didn't play enough games? Sure.

If you double up it counts for the highest game played? Sure

Feel for them but the rules are pretty simple and set out
We all know about the 4 games qualification but not the other so well done you then, although your club AP have had a few double up over the years so probably explains it ;)

We all know about the 4 games qualification but not the other so well done you then, although your club AP have had a few double up over the years so probably explains it ;)

Plenty of double ups but never affecting qualifications. I mean it's pretty basic, just play ya best ones and twos guys each week in both grades and then when finals comes around the ressies only make it you drop your best 6 in the ones down there. Oh hang on no chance that can happen.

Could be a mistake, could be that the club knew and hoped no one would pick up on it. Either way it’s a shame for the St Johns boys who turn up every week to play and then have this happen when someone in admin ****ed up.

Not sure how the Box Hill ressie boys are feeling about this but I’m sure they wouldn’t feel great about getting in this way. Again it’s not them who would have had any idea about this but someone in admin who found it. Don’t really think anyone wins in this situation.

Could be a mistake, could be that the club knew and hoped no one would pick up on it. Either way it’s a shame for the St Johns boys who turn up every week to play and then have this happen when someone in admin ****ed up.

Not sure how the Box Hill ressie boys are feeling about this but I’m sure they wouldn’t feel great about getting in this way. Again it’s not them who would have had any idea about this but someone in admin who found it. Don’t really think anyone wins in this situation.

Box hill lads might have pushed the boat out on Sunday after their ones had lost so could be an absolute romp for NB

Remove this Banner Ad

D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back