Society & Culture Do people still have goals and dreams and stuff? Or is that a relic of the past?

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or was it never really a thing in the first place?

I don't know if I had goals or dreams when I was late teens / early twenties.

Guess I just figured that I would work things out eventually.

A few years ago I developed/found a goal/dream, began working towards it, made some serious sacrifices, and things have worked out pretty well.

Do you guys have goals/dreams? Did you ever? Do your friends/family have goals or dreams?

Perhaps the floating life, just going along with the crowd, is not only the default, but ultimately 'for the best', at least for most people.

But I wonder if there are still any aspirations out there. Anybody still dream of doing something different or amazing with their life?

Its best to have some dreams and goals that cant be achieved,just to keep you on your toes and stop you form being disappointed when achieving them and realising its not what its cracked up to be.
but
Yes had a few dreams from early on that I have achieved and lots that I keep achieving and some I will probably never achieve but still head towards.

I really enjoy a random float too,most of my life is that

A man without a plan isn't a man.

Write your goals down. The simpler the better. No point writing down "I want to be rich".
Fitness goals "50 push ups every morning as soon as I wake up" cross that off the list and you're off to a great start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back