Review Dogs scrape home against Oranges 62-57

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Man Good Job GIF

Soz, pretty cooked right now

Did we play a handball happy second half?

Did this result in lots of turnovers?

Did we do anything at all to counter GWS's first half of keepings off?

How'd the tandem ruck work in the second half?

Did the midfield lift their rating in the second half?

Should I watch the 2nd half now?

Do we look like a side that is about to get on a 2016esque roll?

The handball preference is out of control. There were multiple possession chains where they did everything they could to avoid kicking the ball forward. It was a terrible approach.

How does that Edge thing work? I thought it should be flat and only show a spike at the moment the ball touched the post. The image they showed had a whole row of spikes and squiggles.

The ball didn’t deviate and goal umpire was in good position. I call BS.
You and me both and I think the ARC might have been looking at their Spotify volume. I'm sure it was a goal but I am not re-watching a minute of that game.

We haven't seen it as much yet but he is a very good contested mark. With proper guidance, Naughton and he will stop launching at the same contest.

Aleer is a good defender and held JUH well at times but on the lead I don't think many defenders can go with him.
And he has a very good second effort at ground level, regularly breaking even against multiple defenders.

How does that Edge thing work? I thought it should be flat and only show a spike at the moment the ball touched the post. The image they showed had a whole row of spikes and squiggles.

The ball didn’t deviate and goal umpire was in good position. I call BS.
The players have realized that the technology can't distinguish between a ball hitting the post and a player's hand hitting the post, so if it's close you always see someone whacking or bumping the post as the ball goes past. Not the 1st time this year I have seen a clear goal overturned on nothing but a spike on Edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People complain about not giving English any support and we try to give him support and people still complain. What do you expect?

The corpse of Stef Martin doesn’t count as support anymore.

As limited as Sweet is, I’d be content for him in as support. At least he’ll give some presence in ruck duels and is young enough that there could still be some upside. They don’t trust him, which is understandable, but no support is a better option than thinking Stef Martin can win back the clock to 2019.

People complain about not giving English any support and we try to give him support and people still complain. What do you expect?

Probably an adjustment of game time in respective positions. I'm all for ruck support. What I don't support is picking a backup ruck who can't play forward that only acts as the chop out ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back