Game Day Dogs v Suns @ the Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughton generates scoring opportunities playing at CHF. Thats his spot.
Yeah mate, clear as day. He’s such a unique player at CHF. He can kill you without hitting the scoreboard. And fwd line looks better with him out of there on the fastbreak (obviously for the long bomb contests you want him to get back to contest)

Great start really happy with that, pressure was immense and the ball movement was quick and precise and what a difference that makes to the forward line. We had huge amounts of space down there due to the way we moved the footy

Obviously makes a difference when you finish your work though, I mean we’ve had quarters like that before but have finished 3.7, 9.1 makes it a different ball game

When’s this 5 goal against run coming? 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of the score, this ball movement is astronomically better than last week. This is like an entirely different gameplan (more similar to the preseason games). It’s really putting the pace of JJ/Dale/Richards/Gags and the kicking of Daniel to good use

Darcy already offering more then Lobb last week BUT he was looking pretty tired in the back end of that quarter out there. Couldn't run and defend at all.

Regardless of the score, this ball movement is astronomically better than last week. This is like an entirely different gameplan (more similar to the preseason games). It’s really putting the pace of JJ/Dale/Richards/Gags and the kicking of Daniel to good use

Much more direct apart from 5 minutes in the middle of quarter and willing to run and carry

I can see a bit of Jayden Short in him early on.
I'd take it.
Come to think of it, I'd take any regular wing option that stands up. I think he's a pre-season away from being a guaranteed best 22 player but he's earning his spot right now and has gotten himself into good positions a few times now. I don't think we can ask much more from a second gamer.

Fantastic first quarter using the wind. Have to consolidate this quarter now and hold them to a few goals but not a bag in this quarter.

Great response to last week though from the boys. Let’s keep it going

Breeze a tad stronger than opening bounce, full team defence critical this quarter.
This is the type of game where I'd send Naughton back at red time for 4-5 minutes.

I think Melbourne did a reasonable job of shutting it down last week. Doubt it will last the whole game but this is the way we want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back