Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This game is an early season must win to have a chance to finish top 4 against the mob who somehow believe the umpires cost them the 2016 flag. Their supporters are the most twisted mob I have ever come across.

We have not been in great form and there is fitness queries on Astro and The Bont. However there is no better back against wall coach than Bevo and after reflection I am backing him in to fire up the boys and get the job done by 15 points.

We will win. Will be tight though. Whatever we win by, I'm hoping the free kick count is significantly in our favour, just to mess with the Swines conspiracy theories.

I also hope that the most controversial decision of the night is one that should have been paid to us but wasn't! Stick that knife in there and turn it please umps and Gil! :laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the respective performances of both teams in the first two rounds, surprised to see the dogs as favourites. Emotional hedge coming.

Just hope we can dominate possession so conversion, execution etc. don't come into it - because atm the swans are one of the most efficient in the comp and it's not particularly a strength of ours.

What happens if we miss the 8 this year? We've got Beveridge signed until the end of next. Would he still pull these whacky positional changes and tactics?

What happens if we miss the 8 this year? We've got Beveridge signed until the end of next. Would he still pull these whacky positional changes and tactics?
We're two ******* rounds into then season...

I did pick us to have a slow start to the year, but also to finish around 6-8 on the ladder

Just asking a question. I didn't think genuine football discussion was not allowed on a public football forum?

Maybe I should have put it in a different thread.
Where have I said that you cant say whatever you like?

It would be a legitimate line of discussion if we were at round 18 and languishing well outside of the 8. In my view, its an asinine one to ask after two "*******" rounds.

Let me ask you a question. Do you honestly think that Beveridge and the match committee come up with team selection for shits and giggles. Or to prove their contrarian bonafides? The fact is that given injuries to key talls in particular and the overall form of Foostcray on the weekend the mc hands are pretty much tied. Sure, they could've named Sweet in the side this week and sated the baying experts of Bigfooty, but he looks so far from a senior footballer right now that one has to wonder what actual value he would bring or indeed why he was re-contracted at all. However, the endless discussion around our dire ruck stocks has been done to the point of mootness in here. So...

I have decided to have a "Soft Opening" of my Lucky Meals for the year, since the previous two game day meals provided by my retirement village didn't work. I have kept it simple tonight ordering a Large Capricciosa pizza WITH anchovies. I did collect my village meal for today - Lamb Rogan Josh(with custard and passionfruit for dessert) - which I might have for lunch tomorrow. Even though I have tipped the Swans, my pizza might just overcome my pessimism. :pizza:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back