Doig Medal Contenders - Half-way point of the Season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gimme the Fyfe

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm going to go with:

Mundy - Versatile, dependable skills, match-winner. Has had the most BOG performances IMO.
Brawshaw - Excellent decision maker, dependable and most important cog in the midfield.
Ryan - Gives the entire back line a fortress-like vibe. Always switched on, so when he plays we win. Probably the most important player right now.

I'm going to go with:

Mundy - Versatile, dependable skills, match-winner. Has had the most BOG performances IMO.
Brawshaw - Excellent decision maker, dependable and most important cog in the midfield.
Ryan - Gives the entire back line a fortress-like vibe. Always switched on, so when he plays we win. Probably the most important player right now.

the voting system doesn't really favor BOG games.

someone who plays every game will be in the box seat.

At this point Darcy, Mundy and Fyfe would be in the box seat.

You know you’re not great when there’s not a lot of ‘underdogs’ standing out. In our good years it was way more equally spread - almost felt like 10-15 blokes had a chance at top 3.

Now you’d struggle to name 5. Injuries don’t help - without them there’d be way more contenders but the replacements really aren’t the required level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At this rate the likes of Colyer and acres will be up there if they play every game.
Yeah it’s that bad

Can someone enlighten an internuffie like me on how / who votes the Doig medalist winner ?

For what it’s worth I so hope Sean Darcy wins it this year for his Herculean efforts every game .
Dave Mundy would be not far behind.
At this point my guess would be :

Darcy
Mundy
Brayshaw
Ryan
Cerra
Schultz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone enlighten an internuffie like me on how / who votes the Doig medalist winner ?

For what it’s worth I so hope Sean Darcy wins it this year for his Herculean efforts every game .
Dave Mundy would be not far behind.
At this point my guess would be :

Darcy
Mundy
Brayshaw
Ryan
Cerra
Schultz
5 coaches give the players 5,4,3,2,1 votes

so the max a player can get per game is 25 votes, missing games sucks for our medal count.

Cerra may be lower due to this as he missed or was injury affected for 4 or 5

Looks like a 3 horse race to me between AB, Mundy and Darcy with Ryan and Cerra rounding out the top 5.

5 coaches give the players 5,4,3,2,1 votes

so the max a player can get per game is 25 votes, missing games sucks for our medal count.

Cerra may be lower due to this as he missed or was injury affected for 4 or 5
Thanks for the explanation 👍
Another Dumb question : so the 5 are our line / assistants / head coaches ?

Looks like a 3 horse race to me between AB, Mundy and Darcy with Ryan and Cerra rounding out the top 5.
Genuinely hope Sean wins it .
The Big Fella plays with so much heart !
( but then again so does Andy )

Thanks for the explanation 👍
Another Dumb question : so the 5 are our line / assistants / head coaches ?
I would assume they are although I'm not 100% sure, JL would be one of them obviously and then I would say forwards, mids, backs then i'm not sure on the other one

My guess at this stage is probably:

1. Mundy
2. Brayshaw
3. Ryan
4. Aish
5. Darcy/Cerra

Ryan and Aish possibly switched. Games missed hurt Darcy and Cerra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back