The Law Domestic violence, the memorial thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Your rant, most of which can be ignored and provides a rather disturbing insight into your thought processes, fails to provide a reason why men kill their kids.
Why do men kill their kids when things don't work out for them?
Why are they punishing the kids?

What sort of a f'king hero kills their kids just because they don't get their way?
It doesn't matter how hard it is, how many things you think are against you, there is absolutely no reason EVER to kill your own children. NONE. NEVER.

The only reason they kill their kids is because they want to get back at their partners.
Everything else is just a BS excuse.

In a nutshell, that's the kind of mindset most of these DV heros have. It's all about me. What I want is the only thing that matters.
I'm not arguing that Domestic Violence isn't heavily slanted towards males being perpetrator, but you should check the stats that Malifice shared early on in the thread about the filicide being gender neutral:
Filicide is actually oddly gender neutral form of murder with roughly a 50/50 split in offending between the genders.

That said, the majority of family homicides occur between intimate partners (60 per cent, with Filicide making up the next highest percentage at 16 percent), and three-quarters of intimate partner homicides involve males killing their female partners, often after she's had to endure a long period of control and violence.

Family homicide in Australia (aic.gov.au)

Number37

Anyhow, have a Winfield 25.
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm not arguing that Domestic Violence isn't heavily slanted towards males being perpetrator, but you should check the stats that Malifice shared early on in the thread about the filicide being gender neutral:
The discussion was specifically about men killing their kids.
Men killing their kids has been justified with all kinds of BS, including women do it too, like that makes it OK.

I have not read one post in this thread attempting to excuse women who kill their kids.
The only people excusing the killing of kids are the ones trying to paint men as being the real victims.

MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
The discussion was specifically about men killing their kids.
Men killing their kids has been justified with all kinds of BS, including women do it too, like that makes it OK.

I have not read one post in this thread attempting to excuse women who kill their kids.
The only people excusing the killing of kids are the ones trying to paint men as being the real victims.
The point is that if we're talking about killing children, we shouldn't just talk about why men kill children, but why anyone kills children. It's a horrific crime and I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried when reading the article about the baby girl that was murdered by her father jumping off the whispering wall. It's simply unfathomable to me.

However, when we talk about domestic and family violence more generally, I definitely agree that we can talk mostly about men as the overwhelming majority of perpetrators are men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number37

Anyhow, have a Winfield 25.
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
The point is that if we're talking about killing children, we shouldn't just talk about why men kill children, but why anyone kills children. It's a horrific crime and I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried when reading the article about the baby girl that was murdered by her father jumping off the whispering wall. It's simply unfathomable to me.

However, when we talk about domestic and family violence more generally, I definitely agree that we can talk mostly about men as the overwhelming majority of perpetrators are men.
There is a big difference between discussing all the issues on the one hand, and on the other hand, using one issue as a means of justifying another issue.

MC Bad Genius

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
There is a big difference between discussing all the issues on the one hand, and on the other hand, using one issue as a means of justifying another issue.
I agree with you there. Either way, this thread was started in poor taste and very quickly turned into a dumpster fire, so I think I'll just check back out now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad