No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what handouts are you talking about?, our younger list is by far better than Adelaides, I'm sorry stop being stupid. our younger list is one of the best in the league joint with Brisbane's. In 2015 SOS drafted Weitering, Mckay, C Curno and Cuningham. 2016 SPS, Fisher who nobody else rated except for SOS. Fisher is looking amazing at the moment, cant wait for this season ahead. 2017 Dow, O'brien, 2018 Walsh, Stocker.

How is that terrible at recognising and drafting talent. I'm stoked with the players SOS has picked up, maybe in hindsight he couldve picked others. BUT THATS WITH HINDSIGHT. So how is this all manufactored by the AFL, when we have been rebuiling for the last 3/4 years, we got rid of players to get early picks in the draft, we knew what we had to do and now we have done it. I agree with the fact Carlton have been s**t for the last 15-20 years, s**t recruiting, s**t development, s**t everything. Even when the Judd deal happened it was a s**t deal on Carlton. Ultimately delaying the inevitable of having a rebuild. However, with the list now I've never been happy and cannot wait for 2019 and on.

With Adelaides older players, I wasnt saying they were bad, just saying injury could strike, just like with our players. So the season depends on luck with injury. Thats it. Stop being salty

Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1 300 22 4637

+1

Fun Facts with Grotto

Past 5 games

Carlton v Saints - Saints 4-1

Carlton v GC - GC 3-2

Carlton v Dogs - Dogs 5-0

FFS I was being generous with the 50/50 aspect of those games. Carlton are just as capable of having another 2-3 win game season.

They could go anything from 0 to about 6. With their list profile it's more about being in the game longer than banking points. Wins would be great but being competitive for larger parts of games is what will determine whether they're heading in the right direction.

They could go anything from 0 to about 6. With their list profile it's more about being in the game longer than banking points. Wins would be great but being competitive for larger parts of games is what will determine whether they're heading in the right direction.

I think their injury list and form of their players against GCS/Saints/Dogs will shape if we have Pick 1.

Similarly too if the GCS/Saints/Dogs have injury and or form issues when they play them.

But I was shocked to actually see the Blues past 5 head to head games against these Clubs. We should be very optimistic with a top 4 pick at worst. Unless we get a Luko or Rankine in return, this will be our best pick ever that we have got to use on the best talent in Australia.

I think their injury list and form of their players against GCS/Saints/Dogs will shape if we have Pick 1.

Similarly too if the GCS/Saints/Dogs have injury and or form issues when they play them.

But I was shocked to actually see the Blues past 5 head to head games against these Clubs. We should be very optimistic with a top 4 pick at worst. Unless we get a Luko or Rankine in return, this will be our best pick ever that we have got to use on the best talent in Australia.

Which will be interesting in itself. Imagine we've got pick 1 and there's a Jack Watts type who's at the top of every talent list and expected by the entire AFL community to go at 1. And instead of picking the obvious best player in the draft, Hamish calls a Martin or Buddy type that was expected to go 3-5 or so. Cleric would have a full blown meltdown and if there was an SA lad predicted 5-10, Marty will be in furious agreement.

Which will be interesting in itself. Imagine we've got pick 1 and there's a Jack Watts type who's at the top of every talent list and expected by the entire AFL community to go at 1. And instead of picking the obvious best player in the draft, Hamish calls a Martin or Buddy type that was expected to go 3-5 or so. Cleric would have a full blown meltdown and if there was an SA lad predicted 5-10, Marty will be in furious agreement.

With the way we draft and the fact that it takes at least a year or two to determine how good a player is, I think all of us on here have learnt to not be critical of who we pick.

At the time Doedee was picked, I was disappointed we didnt go local. But I had no honest idea of either player's ability as did most. Fortunately the Club is elite in this area.

With the way we draft and the fact that it takes at least a year or two to determine how good a player is, I think all of us on here have learnt to not be critical of who we pick.

At the time Doedee was picked, I was disappointed we didnt go local. But I had no honest idea of either player's ability as did most. Fortunately the Club is elite in this area.

"All of us"? Nope, the usual talent ordering individuals have learned exactly nothing.

I dont know how people are putting dogs in carlton category.
Their hb line Wood Naughton JJ is solid
Bont Macre Hunter Wallis Dunkley McLean Daniel Libba through midfield
Duryea and Lloyd handy depth
If 2 or 3 of English Boyd Schache Gowers have a good year they will be well ahead of Carlton again.

I dont know how people are putting dogs in carlton category.
Their hb line Wood Naughton JJ is solid
Bont Macre Hunter Wallis Dunkley McLean Daniel Libba through midfield
Duryea and Lloyd handy depth
If 2 or 3 of English Boyd Schache Gowers have a good year they will be well ahead of Carlton again.

In fairness, you get sucked in by dickhead Carlton posters that pump their chest on this board.

TBH, I do bet, I think they will lose to the Suns at Metricon and lose to the Dogs both times. They will beat Saints twice. Lions will maul the Blues though, they are an up and coming team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting reading on the blumour thread.
Andrew Russell got to the club and was dismayed at the fitness levels of the young squad.

Apparently Cripps, Setterfield and Doc all went down on the same day of training and they thought that crips and Setter were worse off. Only for the inverse to be true.

Andrew Russell got to the club and was dismayed at the fitness levels of the young squad.

Apparently Cripps, Setterfield and Doc all went down on the same day of training and they thought that crips and Setter were worse off. Only for the inverse to be true.

This is probably the least shocking thing ever written on the internet.

Feels like deja vu - I'm sure I read a similar comment about the playing group's level of fitness from Bolton when he first joined the Blues.

Let’s hope it takes awhile to fix.

McGovern will be spitting. He went there for more money and less work

I expect Port to be crap next year as well but there's no way I can see Carlton beating them at AO.
Port Powers biggest problems stem from the coaching box, weak game plan, poor player culture, poor player development.
They’ll do :carlton: By 10 Goals at AO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back