Apr 6, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Draft experts, can I please have your opinions on the following players:

Andrew Walker
Brock McLean
Colin Sylvia
Kepler Bradley

If you could compare them to current day players, that would be appreciated!

bradley looks like he could be a gun ruckman, come forward option. hard to compare him to anyone, maybe a cross between ottens and gardiner.

mclean is a hard nut, good midfielder who likes it rough. doesnt have the best skills by foot, but will give 100% and could be ready to go straight away. rob harvey type, but i doubt he will be as good

havent seen much of sylvia or walker, but i hear sylvia is a midfielder who can take a big grap and has some serious pace.

Kepler Bradley is a cross between Dustin Fletcher, Fraser Gehrig and Daniel Bandy. Is tall, gangly and awkward with a stooped running action. He is a cult figure waiting to happen. Is too light to ruck at the moment but looks a good CHB, is mobile without be super quick.

Brock McLean is your old-fashioned work-hard, play-hard give-it-all type of rover. He doesn't have much more than 40 metres in his kicks and can get sucked into being very dainty with his disposal. He is the kind of guy who will make in the AFL or break his body into pieces in the attempt. He is probably a Jared Crouch type. Will go lower than many people are guessing, might even fall outside the top-20.

Andrew Walker is the modern prototype prospect. Tall and very quick over a short burst. Can run the wings and be a dynamic attacking player of the HBF. Has a long, penetrative kick. Is light at the moment, and needs to learn to make better decisions but that can be taught. Only down side is that his kicking can be diabolical when he has an off day. He doesn't take enough care dropping the ball and can mix ugly helicopter, tumble-punts in with 50-metre lasers. Similar to the Lonie boys but a poorer kick.

Colin Sylvia is a true centreman. He, like many good players, has a happy knack of popping up for goals and centre clearances when his team need them most. He is going to be a big-bodied centreman which is what clubs want. He will win his own ball, and is deceptively good overhead. He kicks well with good depth. He lacks a little pace and will have to improve his stamina. He looks like being a Kane Johnson type.

Thanks guys.

As a Melbourne supporter, I'm hoping we take Sylvia.

I heard some good reports on McLean, but comparing him to Crouch has put me off a little. I don't rate Crouch at all.

If McLean drops outside the top 20 we should definately take him with our 2nd rd pick, pick 21ish. Do you think this is a strong possibility? I would love him at Melb but I don't think we should use pick 3 or 5 on someone who can't kick it more than 40 metres.

Originally posted by dasler
Cross between Gardiner and Ottens...you are joking right?
ok poor choice of words, i didnt mean take all the good stuff out of ottens and gradiner and then you will have bradley. i meant that he is gangly but fairly mobile, like gardiner and will eventually go forward with effect, like ottens.

I have played with and against Brock..... he is 184 cm still growing... so he isnt a rover, he weighs (now 86 kg) and has great foot skills.
Will be taken in the top 10 FOR SURE.
All class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back