List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 : Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee/Hately etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my point exactly .....and very few have that "feel"

That's not your point at all. Your point was recruiters weren't always professional and used Boekhurst as an example.

There is a huge difference between professional and having a good feel for if a footballer would make it. You can be the most professional recruiter in the world, watch 2-300 games and still heck up horribly with a Boekhurst pick if you really like what you see. It's the same with every sport really, there is nothing exact with drafting.

Getting drafted off ‘one game ‘ is a stretch WW

Bonar has showed plenty pre his 2 recons , ditto cockatoo

Oliver comes to mind but he dominated the second half of the tac cup season , it was never one or 2 games

Doedee is another but it still was a body of work ( quoted as being the toughest opponent for a forward in tac cup ) which also then included character , his skill and competitiveness on a basketball court as extras and upside from limited football exposure

Never one game for any others guys , got any others ?

Braydon Sier?
Sean Rusling?
Andrew Mackie?
Christian Howard?

The 10 goals from Steele Sidebottom in the U18 GF .....probably boosted his draft rankings 10 spots .....that shouldn't have happened, if we believe the "body of work" theory

You’ve confused shouldn’t have happened with did not happen. There is exactly zero evidence that happened

Oliver, who i picked as the Crows choice that year .....came from a late first round to #3 in the space of 6 weeks ..........there goes that "body of work" theory, yet again

There is exactly zero evidence that is true. Absolutely none.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not your point at all. Your point was recruiters weren't always professional and used Boekhurst as an example.

There is a huge difference between professional and having a good feel for if a footballer would make it. You can be the most professional recruiter in the world, watch 2-300 games and still **** up horribly with a Boekhurst pick if you really like what you see. It's the same with every sport really, there is nothing exact with drafting.
Yes, i agree, probably professional wasn't the right description .....maybe it was in "some" clubs cases though? .......what i question still is clubs "rating" of players, you can call it feel:

1. Rating current output as a junior, and projecting whether the output can be transferred to the AFL pressure

The apparent emphasis on a small window of form to assess a player ..sometimes just 3 months, sometimes a month of form

3. The downgrading of players with injuries (Lever)

4. The rating of player attributes ....in Brockhursts case, the clubs need for speed, overrode other weaknesses in his game.........which were overlooked?

He definitely has a high footy IQ, can do the flashy but also does the hard things as well. He’s quite a package.

Everyone was so worried about his disposal count, but he just has an influence in so many areas of the game. You could even see it in his 2017 highlights package. He didn't waste the ball when he had it, takes a strong grab and is a genuine marking target for a smaller bloke, and tackles like a man possessed.

Going into this year I saw him very much in the 'plays like' Toby McClean basket with his marking and tackling for a smaller guy, but am liking the Yeo suggestions that have been thrown up this year.

Has elite midfielder written all over him once he fills out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be a massive kick in the dick if port get a pick 10 for Polec and a pick 6 for wingard. Errrrrr
Port won't trade Wingard .....if they do, they'll be admitting their raid, bringing in all those hacks last year, was a HUGE mistake

Doing her a great disservice there she talks a mammoth amount of s**t
I've always respected Caro's articles and relative accuracy ......but since she's retired from the Age, her articles have been far more tabloid .....and she appears to have been told, or fears she has to be far more controversial

She also seems to have a huge chip on her shoulder, lashing out at anyone & everyone ......something's not right with her

I've always respected Caro's articles and relative accuracy ......but since she's retired from the Age, her articles have been far more tabloid .....and she appears to have been told, or fears she has to be far more controversial

She also seems to have a huge chip on her shoulder, lashing out at anyone & everyone ......something's not right with her
I had respect , it’s starting to dwindle

She became aligned with CrocMedia after leaving Fairfax didn't she? Would explain a lot.

Edit: beaten by Bicks

Port won't trade Wingard .....if they do, they'll be admitting their raid, bringing in all those hacks last year, was a HUGE mistake
Yep... getting rid of Polec is bad enough... if they get rid of Wingard too it’s gonna be hilarious the levels of utter shitness they will reach over the next few years.

I’m actually hoping they are stupid enough to do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back