Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Both posts reported due to drug references.
It's great to see someone from the Trump/ covid times. :)

Those were the days when you could free range around BigFooty.

Mind you, having also come across one of the others in #here, just now, I am reminded why it was in fact a relief, to not have to engage at that level of thinking , to not have to share certain perspectives, to not have to withstand personal abuse, to not have to see a happy laughing face being perverted into rather, I am laughing at you and to not have to be censored by banning etc etc. You get my drift. I'm glad to be one to draw a line on the sand.

What an hysterical response to me saying, " ... hold the line".

I just can't be bothered.
Yep, clearly I'm the hysterical one :tearsofjoy:

True enough, but it's not just the parents and their kids who are involved. It's seen as a social issue and is a trend that people feel doesn't need to be incorporated into a healthy society.
Drag queens reading books to kids = unhealthy society lol. Run for the hills chicken little!

Last edited:

Mind you, having also come across one of the others in #here, just now, I am reminded why it was in fact a relief, to not have to engage at that level of thinking , to not have to share certain perspectives, to not have to withstand personal abuse, to not have to see a happy laughing face being perverted into rather, I am laughing at you and to not have to be censored by banning etc etc. You get my drift. I'm glad to be one to draw a line on the sand.
Sounding pretty hysterical here mate.

Oh how those were the days. Chírf experimented with temporarily having some RW mods here and genuine discussions were allowed. Nowadays the pitchforks are always out and there's supposedly a nazi hiding under every bed.

As for ole Chuckles (bourbons) he used to be a hilarious poster here (sometimes intentionally so, sometimes not). His quality has dropped off significantly of late, but I have faith he will return to his former glory after a few pointers from his mentor (yours truly).

Drag Queens reading to children in and of itself might not be a problem. It's that it's coming along with other things. I think the majority of commonsense adults believe that seemingly promoting the sexualisation of children and seemingly promoting gender confusion in children isn't the way to go. For the children' sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drag Queens reading to children in and of itself might not be a problem. It's that it's coming along with other things. I think the majority of commonsense adults believe that seemingly promoting the sexualisation of children and seemingly promoting gender confusion in children isn't the way to go. For the children' sake.
People don't question they're own gender by seeing drag queens any more than they do question they're own sexuality by being told some people are gay.

People don't question they're own gender by seeing drag queens any more than they do question they're own sexuality by being told some people are gay.
It's their isn't it? But you knew that.

What you say is true of people. We're talking about children 2-8 year olds here though. Re story telling by drag queens however I don't get why parents want to set themselves up to answer questions such as why was the man wearing a dress and why did he want to?

Absolutely no need to respond.

What you say is true of people. We're talking about children 2-8 year olds here though. Re story telling by drag queens however I don't get why parents want to set themselves up to answer questions such as why was the man wearing a dress and why did he want to?

Do kids see drag queens or do they see people in bright costumes telling them a story?

Do kids see drag queens or do they see people in bright costumes telling them a story?
I can't remember which comedian it was (Chris Rock???) who said "no movement shoots themselves in the foot as much as the LGBT movement".

I have no issue with parents taking their kids to such events and will get accused of victim blaming here but this is high-risk / zero-reward type stuff by presenting what is considered a sexual fetish to children. It's like "why TF would you go out of your way to prove to bigots that the slippery slope fallacy is not a fallacy?"

I can't remember which comedian it was (Chris Rock???) who said "no movement shoots themselves in the foot as much as the LGBT movement".

I have no issue with parents taking their kids to such events and will get accused of victim blaming here but this is high-risk / zero-reward type stuff by presenting what is considered a sexual fetish to children. It's like "why TF would you go out of your way to prove to bigots that the slippery slope fallacy is not a fallacy?"
What do you think is worse? Men in dresses reading books to kids or people who send death threats to the organisers of these things before trying to intimidate the people who want to attend?

How do they do it at church?

Oh how those were the days. Chírf experimented with temporarily having some RW mods here and genuine discussions were allowed. Nowadays the pitchforks are always out and there's supposedly a nazi hiding under every bed.

As for ole Chuckles (bourbons) he used to be a hilarious poster here (sometimes intentionally so, sometimes not). His quality has dropped off significantly of late, but I have faith he will return to his former glory after a few pointers from his mentor (yours truly).
The absolute irony of you potting anyone else for dropping off in quality :tearsofjoy:

Do you believe children simply seeing drag queens = promoting gender confusion?

Genuine question.

What do you think is worse? Men in dresses reading books to kids or people who send death threats to the organisers of these things before trying to intimidate the people who want to attend?
The latter is clearly worse 100%. My point is that plenty of civilised, non-violent folk will also hear about these events and be thinking "wtf", perhaps up to 50% of the population, and they vote. Again, for a movement it is zero-reward and high-risk. Irrational. Keeps the kids out of the activism IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back