Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

The latter is clearly worse 100%. My point is that plenty of civilised, non-violent folk will also hear about these events and be thinking "wtf", perhaps up to 50% of the population, and they vote. Again, for a movement it is zero-reward and high-risk. Irrational. Keeps the kids out of the activism IMO.
Without the ferals going wild over this most people wouldn't even know that drag queen story times existed.

The latter is clearly worse 100%.
Yet all we hear from you blokes is a response to drag queens, rather than any unprompted criticism of the cookers sending death threats.

Funny that.

My point is that plenty of civilised, non-violent folk will also hear about these events and be thinking "wtf", perhaps up to 50% of the population, and they vote.
And? Sounds fine to me, vote away.

There'd be a heap of things voters don't agree with and think "wft" about every day.

Keeps the kids out of the activism IMO.
Absolutely amazing you wrote this completely straight-faced in regard to drag queens/event organisers. See point 1 I guess :drunk:

Last edited:
My point is that plenty of civilised, non-violent folk will also hear about these events and be thinking "wtf", perhaps up to 50% of the population, and they vote.

Attacking trans people does not translate into electoral success in Australia.

Didn’t work for Morrison pushing Katherine Deves federally.

Didn’t work for the Vic Libs stoking anti-trans fears before Aston.

Didn’t work for Latham and One Nation’s endless anti-trans rhetoric before the NSW vote (1.8% in the Lower House).

Anti-trans policies don’t poll well:

But you have crap like this on Sky:

Message to conservatives - middle of the road centrist Australians really don’t care about trans issues or drag queens one way or the other, it isn’t a topic which sways votes. It’s things like economy, health, education etc like every election.

We are not America. We are not as religious which is where this opposition comes from. The only people who will vote for you based on trans policy are already voting for you or preference you, the religious fundamentalists or cookers, yet they are a minuscule minority and you already have their votes. You are winning no extra votes with this rhetoric.

The votes that need to be won are in the centre, non politically interested Australians in middle and outer suburbia who on vote on sensible bread and butter issues like wages or healthcare. Like Aston, it’s the epitome of “outer suburbia” yet being anti trans didn’t win you votes.

You will not win votes by being anti-trans. The only Liberal to increase votes at the last election was Bridget Archer who is decidedly pro LGBT.

How can you not see this? It’s the most obvious thing.

The latter is clearly worse 100%. My point is that plenty of civilised, non-violent folk will also hear about these events and be thinking "wtf", perhaps up to 50% of the population, and they vote. Again, for a movement it is zero-reward and high-risk. Irrational. Keeps the kids out of the activism IMO.
It is not zero reward.

It helps people who might possibly be seen to "dress a bit funny" in the eyes of kids as merely people that like to read stories like everybody else. Dare I say it helps humanise them in the eyes of kids, you know, to see the person, to not judge a book by its cover, and all of that.

Attacking trans people does not translate into electoral success in Australia.

Didn’t work for Morrison pushing Katherine Deves federally.

Didn’t work for the Vic Libs stoking anti-trans fears before Aston.

Didn’t work for Latham and One Nation’s endless anti-trans rhetoric before the NSW vote (1.8% in the Lower House).

Anti-trans policies don’t poll well:

But you have crap like this on Sky:

Message to conservatives - middle of the road centrist Australians really don’t care about trans issues or drag queens one way or the other, it isn’t a topic which sways votes. It’s things like economy, health, education etc like every election.

We are not America. We are not as religious which is where this opposition comes from. The only people who will vote for you based on trans policy are already voting for you or preference you, the religious fundamentalists or cookers, yet they are a minuscule minority and you already have their votes. You are winning no extra votes with this rhetoric.

The votes that need to be won are in the centre, non politically interested Australians in middle and outer suburbia who on vote on sensible bread and butter issues like wages or healthcare. Like Aston, it’s the epitome of “outer suburbia” yet being anti trans didn’t win you votes.

You will not win votes by being anti-trans. The only Liberal to increase votes at the last election was Bridget Archer who is decidedly pro LGBT.

How can you not see this? It’s the most obvious thing.

I think you'll find there is a growing resentment in America right now from women who feel like their rights are being eroded. There is also the massive backlash towards "woke" advertising. Those that are part of this backlash never seem to make any reference to religious beliefs.
It seems like the whole LGBTQ+ movement has reached such a level of saturation over there that regular people as starting to push back.

I think you'll find there is a growing resentment in America right now from women who feel like their rights are being eroded. There is also the massive backlash towards "woke" advertising. Those that are part of this backlash never seem to make any reference to religious beliefs.
It seems like the whole LGBTQ+ movement has reached such a level of saturation over there that regular people as starting to push back.
I don't think the backlash is all that massive at all, just feels like it if you're ensconced online. Twitter isn't real life.

Reckon the vast majority don't particularly care either way.

I don't think the backlash is all that massive at all, just feels like it if you're ensconced online. Twitter isn't real life.

Reckon the vast majority don't particularly care either way.

Tell that to Annheuser Busch. Bud Light sales were up on the previous year prior to April. Now they are down 26%! They are also having to buy back out of date stock from distributors and are trying to give away the product for free. They are in a complete mess! Obviously you aren't following it that closely.

Who are the regular people?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell that to Annheuser Busch. Bud Light sales were up on the previous year prior to April. Now they are down 26%! They are also having to buy back out of date stock from distributors and are trying to give away the product for free. They are in a complete mess! Obviously you aren't following it that closely.
Really good example of what I'm talking about. All the online noise is "Annheuser Busch in freefall" or whatever, but in reality they're down about 2% or something year to date on the back of the controversy, nowhere near other drops that have occurred over the last 3 years.

Of course if they had their druthers they'd prefer not to be dealing with the fallout and stock buy backs etc, but they'll be just fine. In 6 months the culture warriors will have moved on to something else, and the online mob will join the vast majority of society in not giving a single s**t about it any more.

Really good example of what I'm talking about. All the online noise is "Annheuser Busch in freefall" or whatever, but in reality they're down about 2% or something year to date on the back of the controversy, nowhere near other drops that have occurred over the last 3 years.

Of course if they had their druthers they'd prefer not to be dealing with the fallout and stock buy backs etc, but they'll be just fine. In 6 months the culture warriors will have moved on to something else, and the online mob will join the vast majority of society in not giving a single s**t about it any more.

Lol. You choose to quote the ytd figure because it seems a little more pallateable... in reality it's just "spin" to try and make the situation sound not nearly as bad as what it really is. The only upside for AB, if you can call it that, is that the decline seems to be stabalising at -26% vs ly and not continuing to get worse. If the company i work for was all of a sudden -26% on ly, I can guarantee you there would be absolute panic stations! But enjoy your dillusion.

Lol. You choose to quote the ytd figure because it seems a little more pallateable... in reality it's just "spin" to try and make the situation sound not nearly as bad as what it really is. The only upside for AB, if you can call it that, is that the decline seems to be stabalising at -26% vs ly and not continuing to get worse. If the company i work for was all of a sudden -26% on ly, I can guarantee you there would be absolute panic stations! But enjoy your dillusion.
Lol. So angry (its 'delusion' by the way).

I chose it because it gives a better picture of longer term fluctuations, in addition I also looked back over 3 years and found much larger drops.

stock-graph.png

Panic stations!! What an unprecedented and heretofore unimaginable disaster!! :tearsofjoy:

Lol. So angry (its 'delusion' by the way).

I chose it because it gives a better picture of longer term fluctuations, in addition I also looked back over 3 years and found much larger drops.

View attachment 1695352

Panic stations!! What an unprecedented and heretofore unimaginable disaster!! :tearsofjoy:

Stock price does not equal sales. Keep trying though...

Drag Queens reading to children in and of itself might not be a problem. It's that it's coming along with other things. I think the majority of commonsense adults believe that seemingly promoting the sexualisation of children and seemingly promoting gender confusion in children isn't the way to go. For the children' sake.
It’s to late.

Same company owns most of the alternate beers the maga cookers have switched to.

Anyone who gets angry at rainbows is a moron.

Nope. The boycott is spilling over into those brands as well.

Sales suggested that customers had switched to Coors and Millers Lite... then Millers Lite put their foot in it by recently releasing a feminist woke ad, and now they are being cancelled as well.

Nope. The boycott is spilling over into those brands as well.

Sales suggested that customers had switched to Coors and Millers Lite... then Millers Lite put their foot in it by recently releasing a feminist woke ad, and now they are being cancelled as well.

So you support cancel culture when right wingers do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back