Dusty’s old man may allowed back after Dutton stuff up

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-deporting-shane-martin-20171204-gzys67.html

Apparently legal error by Dutton

“The father of AFL and Richmond superstar Dustin Martin is expected to be allowed back into Australia after Immigration Minister Peter Dutton conceded a legal error was made in the decision to deport him.

The case of Shane Martin, who was deported to New Zealand last year because of his links to the Rebels motorcycle club, was mentioned in the Federal Court in Sydney on Tuesday.

Justice John Griffiths was told the minister had agreed the decision should be quashed.”

If it's true a legal error was made and that resulted in his deportation, I'd think Shane would have grounds to sue the Australian Government given the significant impact his absence would have had on him emotionally.

I am not proud of it but I do judge people based on their looks sometimes, and I look at Dustin Martin's neck tattoo and I brand him as a thug that will one day enjoy a lengthy prison sentence. I know that probably won't happen, and as far as I know Martin has not done anything wrong, but the neck tattoo makes it impossible for me to like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the first paragraph doesn't marry to the rest of the article.

this type of journalism should not be allowed
Nothing really wrong with the article.
It's this thread title that's assuming too much.

Yep. Doesn't say he's allowed back at all.

Did anyone actually read the 'article' besides you and me?
I re-read it and I actually dont know where the bloke stands with regard to re-entry.
Is Shane looking to apply for a Visa? Get his Visa back? Sue?
s**t journalism

Yep. Doesn't say he's allowed back at all.

Did anyone actually read the 'article' besides you and me?

Well it says “is expected to be allowed back”. I’d say it’s a fait accompli...bit of drama in the thread title doesn’t hurt either.

I re-read it and I actually dont know where the bloke stands with regard to re-entry.
Is Shane looking to apply for a Visa? Get his Visa back? Sue?
s**t journalism

Well he didn’t want to leave, as it turns out he was deported illegally so the assumption would be.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back