Recommitted Dylan Stephens [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's future 2nd is already on the higher end of what Sydney could get for Stephens.

He's definitley gonna have to put his head down and work hard, Could be another reason for a trade though, he doesn't want to play where the swans are making him. As i've said earlier in the post i know some of his family and they say he wants to play as a wing (SECOND HAND SAUCE TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT)
There's literally video of him talking to Luke Parker where he says he sees himself as an inside mid. Parker tells him not to pigeonhole himself (maybe swans see him as inside-outside), but he definitely sees himself as inside mid.

Found it:

Last edited:

There's literally video of him talking to Luke Parker where he says he sees himself as an inside mid. Parker tells him not to pigeonhole himself (maybe swans see him as inside-outside), but he definitely sees himself as inside mid.
I've seen that, i was just putting up possibilities, And i think if stephens works hard enough he can be, doesn't look at the moment but he should be able to get there

If he's leaving, Adelaide is still the odds on hot favorite.

Dons will know the price. They just paid it for Caldwell and would need to again for Stephens at a minimum who is the more highly rated prospect.

Work out the points on the Caldwell deal and see what it roughly means as a very rough guide. Simple equation but i couldnt be stuffed. Something like 2 X pick 30, with 60 going back along with Caldwell.

If it seems too much, well i suppose that's just the way it always seems and its a damn shame. Someone will pay it.

Future 2nd?

Just feel Pies will trade players out for picks, not big names for 1st rounders.

They can't go into next season with a large points deficit after paying for Diacos.

And with the turmoil from off season and during this season some players you would feel would look elsewhere.

Collingwood do like that After Pay trading model though.

Just feel Pies will trade players out for picks, not big names for 1st rounders.

They can't go into next season with a large points deficit after paying for Diacos.

And with the turmoil from off season and during this season some players you would feel would look elsewhere.

Collingwood do like that After Pay trading model though.
You asked a question. I answered. If we wanted Stephens there wouldn't be an issue with paying for the trade. Which is what you were suggesting.

You asked a question. I answered. If we wanted Stephens there wouldn't be an issue with paying for the trade. Which is what you were suggesting.

Ok if you say so.

What I was suggesting was if they traded out a 2nd and after paying for Diacos there won't be much left to use in the draft this year or next.

Therefore players would be traded out.

Ok if you say so.

What I was suggesting was if they traded out a 2nd and after paying for Diacos there won't be much left to use in the draft this year or next.
e
Therefore players would be traded out.
Love your little condescending sentences. It shows maturity. I never said that we wouldn't have a lack of picks after drafting Daicos and possibly Dib this year, however even if Daicos is pick 1 this year at worst our (lets say we get pick 6 next year although it will probably be higher than that) pick would drop 3-4 spots. Its not the end of the world like you are suggesting. We would have Daicos, Dib and Stephens this year. Next year we would have a mid first and a third.
Im not suggesting that this is the best way to do things. It can be done fairly easily though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dons will know the price. They just paid it for Caldwell and would need to again for Stephens at a minimum who is the more highly rated prospect.

Work out the points on the Caldwell deal and see what it roughly means as a very rough guide. Simple equation but i couldnt be stuffed. Something like 2 X pick 30, with 60 going back along with Caldwell.

If it seems too much, well i suppose that's just the way it always seems and its a damn shame. Someone will pay it.
Caldwell was worth more when he was traded than Stephens is now.

I remember on draft night they said they saw him as a hybrid midfielder. For mine he could be a Shiel type of inside mid, but I don’t really rate a burst away from stoppage mid if they don’t have that ability to scrap over a hard ball or have versatility and I just don’t see it in him yet.
Hes a far better kick than Shiel.

The deal was 29 and a future 2nd for Caldwell, 44 and 74. On points it valued him between pick 19 and 20. Probably biased but id be happy with that if i was a GWS supporter. They upped their offer late (years and $) to try and keep him but he had 1 foot out the door. Id agree Stephens is worth around the same if Sydney are happy to let him go, Adelaide's pick 23 seems pretty close.

The deal was 29 and a future 2nd for Caldwell, 44 and 74. On points it valued him between pick 19 and 20. Probably biased but id be happy with that if i was a GWS supporter. They upped their offer late (years and $) to try and keep him but he had 1 foot out the door. Id agree Stephens is worth around the same if Sydney are happy to let him go, Adelaide's pick 23 seems pretty close.
All sounds v sensible.
I see Stephens as a star one day, but just hasnt had the extended uninterrupted run of games he needs. Nothing unusual about it. Everyone will have an opinion but i'd be desperate to re-sign for TWO yrs. Perfect for him and the club as well.

All that can be left is for some reason he hasnt settled in to the city, isnt getting laid, thinks he;s somehow already worth more than he's shown, or misses mum's home cooking and perhaps the dog.
What else is important at 19 ? I've forgotten.

I'd feed him raw meat and some beach babes at a sweet Nthn Bchs pad the moment he pops out of quarantine. Then drop a 2 yr deal on $250-300K. Maybe a coffee with Heeney's mum.

Be nice to see him sign on, but this delay is not inspiring me with confidence.

Just feel like with Jordan Dawson going he's likely to stay at the Swans at this stage. Will be surprised if I see a report saying he had requested a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back