Official Team Thread East Side Hawks :: Season 31 :: Festival of the Biggie! Headliner: por_please_ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

My only question is that why would you not tell your WHOLE team

It doesn't have to just be specific people that you missed out on, it should be team-wide knowledge before it's the captain of another teams knowledge. You don't even have to tell them in the inception stages, you can just tell them when you've got an idea for the rebrand, and if people have issues with it (Which people clearly do) you take on board the feedback.

I'm a fan of the logo and name, but not a fan of the process

In fairness to the Phawks, Agent93 announced it in a very Agent93 way.
sddefault.jpg

It doesn't have to just be specific people that you missed out on, it should be team-wide knowledge before it's the captain of another teams knowledge. You don't even have to tell them in the inception stages, you can just tell them when you've got an idea for the rebrand, and if people have issues with it (Which people clearly do) you take on board the feedback.

It was actually. When we started our S32 Team PM. That was three weeks or so ago. But yes, concede more of the playing group should have been involved.

We did tell the whole team 3 weeks ago. Some of them knew earlier. Some of them knew much earlier. I should have told more people earlier.

Mentioning to another Captain in S30 that one of the things which was being mooted was a rebrand is not the same as having an active involvement in it. This was Hawks business and was between us and the admin.

As we move into the Season 32 thread, I'd like to personally thank the following for their time at the Hawks.

Firstly, of course we congratulate PMBangers as he moves to Captain the Royals. He's been fantastic in the last 2 seasons and of course won the EKA. Is he a future beez winner? We shall find out soon enough!

We have agreed to delist Hate while he considers his role in the rebrand. Whilst we very much hope he rejoins the Phoenix, he would be a great asset to any team if he goes elsewhere, and of course was in the All-SFA side last season as the Hawks' ruck.

The SFAEW mogul himself PhenomenalV1 announced he was leaving in a media thread at the end of the season. He was great fun in the threads and reached his 100th SFA game milestone at the Hawks, as well as forming a formidable partnership with Itsmyshow.

And of course Biggie who announced his retirement in this very thread. As I said in his milestone thread, he is a true one-club legend and it's perhaps therefore not surprising that as the club gets rebranded, he's decided to bow out.

Thanks again to all.

As for new signings, we are delighted to announce the returns of SaintBilly (who is definitely not OES) , raskolnikov and daddy_4_eyes, as well as our rookie for next season thewizardmelon . Plenty more to hear about them in Season 32!

Last edited:
Welcome back!

For family!

Ironically I'm also a father that wears glasses (shock) so your other bloke probably also deserves a glance (although I'm pretty sure he's an old face).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For family!

Ironically I'm also a father that wears glasses (shock) so your other bloke probably also deserves a glance (although I'm pretty sure he's an old face).

With some searching, I stand corrected. Will update the relevant bits.

View attachment 1183793

An announcement from the East Side...
Before we announce the top 5 Biggie-est players this season, we have an announcement to make. We’ve had a great history as the Hawks. But as time goes on, our brand evolves, and it is time for the East Side to be represented by a new emblem, to strike fear into all opponents who visit the Eyrie.

With a massive thanks to Zoops for drawing up the rebrand, we would like to announce that the new name for the East Side Hawks is…

View attachment 1183795

We will be running out as the East Side Phoenix for the first game of the season next week and we are excited for the fans to cheer us on in Season 32.​

tenor.gif

Should have gone the East Side Direwolves

me too, its kind of an aim.

IRL, my Rugby club has a perpetual trophy named after my uncle. ( I actually won it which was really cool especially for my Grand parents),

Fast forward 15 years, they re-emphasized my uncles first name, (It has always been referred to by the last name only) so people didn't assume it was named after me.

They actively moved to make sure people didn't think something was named after me. campaigners.
There's a Goose award! FootyGuy13 (S30/S31), and Mister M (S31) have won it.

THE GOOSE

And to end the first part of tonight's presentation, we bring in the Goose!

1607675804223-png.1026745

The S30 GWS Goose award for "best melts against the Committee" goes to: FootyGuy13!

This year's Goose Award (given to the campaigner who campaigns the longest and loudest) is settled I think ....

1624796293892-png.1165912

---

We've got Mister M and Bastyy leading the Furies, we can start the take over
In the end, the last club to have a coup will be the Roys.

Last edited:
Think that’ll force me to call it a day.

Hawk for life
This is truly a sad day.

Totally get it though. The Bombers changing to the Bandits had the same effect on me.
I didn't formally retire, but stopped posting and asked not to be selected.

Consider playing somewhere else if you really feel this strongly about it. I'm glad Tarkyn_24 talked me into coming back.

This is truly a sad day.

Totally get it though. The Bombers changing to the Bandits had the same effect on me.

Consider playing somewhere else if you really feel this strongly about it. I'm glad Tarkyn_24 talked me into coming back.

I think you’ve misinterpreted the thread. He was involved and approved the decision then decided this was a good time to step back.

This is truly a sad day.

They call me the sausage whisperer.

wait no

Remove this Banner Ad

Back