Ed Richards - Best First Year Player?

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just thinking aloud - is Ed Richards a Monty for the Rising Star or are we going to do the ‘Lewy Taylor’ and give it to some hack from a club that needs PR assistance? Ed has had an amazing first year. He goes forward - sh*t happens, back - sh*t happens. He won last Friday Night off his own boot and he is 18. No, I am not being objective. Thoughts?

Just thinking aloud - is Ed Richards a Monty for the Rising Star or are we going to do the ‘Lewy Taylor’ and give it to some hack from a club that needs PR assistance? Ed has had an amazing first year. He goes forward - sh*t happens, back - sh*t happens. He won last Friday Night off his own boot and he is 18. No, I am not being objective. Thoughts?
Joel Selwood, James Podsilaedy were two outstanding ones but according to some Clayton Oliver and Jack Graham are undisputedly the best eva!!!

Stop thinking then, he isn't even top 3.

Joel Selwood, James Podsilaedy were two outstanding ones but according to some Clayton Oliver and Jack Graham are undisputedly the best eva!!!
Graham was a contested beast. Who is Graham?

The only reason Lewis Taylor won it and it Bontempelli is because David king had money riding on it

Don't want to be that guy, but Ed kicks 3 goals on the weekend and is a "monty" for the Rising Star, Stephenson kicked 3 and people aren't even surprised.

Bloke has kicked the 15th most goals in the entire AFL, blokes kicked over 3 goals 4 times including a 4 and a 5 goal game and is on track for around a 40 goal season. The blokes even 1st for marks inside 50 for rookies and he is a small forward....

Edit: Oh and just checked, $1.70 for the award. Not even worth putting money on anymore.

Last edited:
Don't want to be that guy, but Ed kicks 3 goals on the weekend and is a "monty" for the Rising Star, Stephenson kicked 3 and people aren't even surprised.

Bloke has kicked the 15th most goals in the entire AFL, blokes kicked over 3 goals 4 times including a 4 and a 5 goal game. The blokes even 1st for marks inside 50 for rookies and he is a small forward....
Stephenson for me.

You'd be happy with his output as mature player, let alone a teenager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies are owed one after Heath Shaw was ripped off by Danyl Pearce. We havent one one yet apart from that year Bucks won for our feeder team. (Turned out to be a pretty good feeder team too but thats another story).

Stephenson was short priced favorite six weeks ago and his form has improved since then.

Bloke has kicked the 15th most goals in the entire AFL, blokes kicked over 3 goals 4 times including a 4 and a 5 goal game and is on track for around a 40 goal season. The blokes even 1st for marks inside 50 for rookies and he is a small forward....

Ed averages 0.5 goals a game, Stepho averages 1.7....

Kicking 3 as a half-back/mid is more impressive than kicking 3 as a forward-flanker. It’s hardly surprising his goal average is lower than Stephenson’s given the position he plays.

Richards should definitely be in the conversation for the Rising Star

Don't want to be that guy, but Ed kicks 3 goals on the weekend and is a "monty" for the Rising Star.

Ed averages 0.5 goals a game, Stepho averages 1.7....
Okay - your bloke is probably going to win it. Just one point re goals, our bloke has started 13 games in the back pocket and gets moved forward when no other campaigner can catch a cold. Our bloke also has outrageously unusual hair as well.

Watch many other teams?

Kicking 3 as a half-back/mid is more impressive than kicking 3 as a forward-flanker. It’s hardly surprising his goal average is lower than Stephenson’s given the position he plays.

Richards should definitely be in the conversation for the Rising Star

Hes one of 21 that will be in the conversation for runner up.

People who feel a need to ‘think out loud’ generally have a very low IQ. Add to that you are a Western Bulldogs supporter suggests you should be committed.

Eds pretty good IMO and probably in the mix... I think that Collingwood guy with the funny way of holding the ball when he kicks it may steal it this year...
The best first season Collingwood player i've seen, he's one out of the box, could even be a sneaky AA squad chance if his form holds up (But that's drawing a long bow).

People who feel a need to ‘think out loud’ generally have a very low IQ. Add to that you are a Western Bulldogs supporter suggests you should be committed.
Thanks Pikkers for donating to our club your son, Liam, who won us a flag. Shame you lost 5. Thanks for getting personal and proving that your very insult may well apply to yourself. Enjoy your evening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back