Prediction Eddie Betts' longevity

Remove this Banner Ad

He is coming back to Carlton at the end of next year! He is ours you b*****ds!!!

Haha, good optimism ;)

He'll be ours until he retires, and at this rate his name will be mentioned alongside Modra and Jarman in terms of cult heroes.

Tonight was one of the best games I've ever seen him play. Still has a few more years left as of now.

Think Eddie can play for another 3 or 4 years. While he still has his pace he will continue. Hope he gets a flag before he finishes.

I sometimes wonder if Eddie even wants to keep playing that long?

I'll make a prediction and say he'll sign a 3 year extension at some point next year to take him to 2020 and then maybe consider retiring after that. How much we pay him would be interesting too. Clearly on a good deal now, but hard to pay him more knowing he'll be going into his 30's?
And you'll be wrong ......always yearly contracts after 30 .....Betts at 31 when his current contract expires, will get year by year contracts like Thompson

In my opinion, Betts' primary weapon is his split-second reflexes. In the blink of an eye he gets a hand in to knock the ball to his advantage, or he grabs it off the pack and snaps it in one motion.

Unfortunately those inevitably start to diminish as men enter their 30s. As long as they hold out I think he has a place at AFL level, but it's hard to know how long that will be.

I'd expect him to go another 3-4 years.

In his first season and a half here I lamented that he was purely a ground player. He's now returned to the arial form that he used to show sporadically for Carlton. He's like a modern day Ralf Sewer, and I think he's got plenty of footy left in him.

Edit. Darren Jarman played his first game for us at 29! I can see Eddie playing very close to the same amount of games for Adelaide as he did at Carlton.

In his first season and a half here I lamented that he was purely a ground player. He's now returned to the arial form that he used to show sporadically for Carlton. He's like a modern day Ralf Sewer, and I think he's got plenty of footy left in him.

Edit. Darren Jarman played his first game for us at 29! I can see Eddie playing very close to the same amount of games for Adelaide as he did at Carlton.

I can see Eddie playing for another 4 seasons. That would be another 90 games. Would be great if he goes on longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was walking down Lewers Street in Hawaii last night and I saw this sign in one of the store windows. As soon as I saw it I thought "bloody hell Eddie is even well known over here".

Attachments

• bigfooty.jpg
    bigfooty.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
In my opinion, Betts' primary weapon is his split-second reflexes. In the blink of an eye he gets a hand in to knock the ball to his advantage, or he grabs it off the pack and snaps it in one motion.

Unfortunately those inevitably start to diminish as men enter their 30s. As long as they hold out I think he has a place at AFL level, but it's hard to know how long that will be.

I'd expect him to go another 3-4 years.
I disagree, Eddie sees things before they happen - his reflexes are good, sure, but half of that is a product of being one step ahead to begin with. I don't see him as being ultra-reliant on them.

his midichlorian is higher than Master Yoda's

We gave a draft pick that neither team would use in order to get Pods on the list and training earlier. Purely cosmetic.

And 2 other clubs did the same thing.

GWS - Hunt
Essendon - Chapman

But we should've kept pick 64 to upgrade Hartigan, instead of the 76 we acutally used! Would have forced Geelong to use a later pick to upgrade Burbury. ;)

Pointless whingeing again by a common source of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back