EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit that seems to be the common theme amongst the blokes I know down your way who have kids playing juniors at EDFL clubs. $400 times say 25 kids in one team is $10k, multiply that by the big numbers of junior teams some clubs have and I cant believe it cost's upward of $70-80k a year to run the junior arm of any club :confused:

I beleive Abers are around $ 380 per year, Strathmore is $ 450, Douttas are around $ 300 as well,

most of these then charge $ 7 bucks per week to play as well,

I hear that St Bernards is still only $ 200 per year and are getting heaps of enquiries from current EDFL Kids

Seems that as their seniors play in the Ammos maybe they are not funding the seniors as much as EDFL Clubs which is definately happening

I beleive Abers are around $ 380 per year, Strathmore is $ 450, Douttas are around $ 300 as well,

I hear that St Bernards is still only $ 200 per year and are getting heaps of enquiries from current EDFL Kids

Seems that as their seniors play in the Ammos maybe they are not funding the seniors as much as EDFL Clubs which is definately happening

Pretty sure Keilor FC is $120 plus $6 per week. They were very concious of the perception of the juniors funding the senior operation a year ago so this still looks like it is still the case.

Have it on good authority the league will go to three divisions in 2012.
Div 1 A grade 10 sides no change - normal relegation at end of season.
Div 2 B grade 8 sides - bottom six will go to Div 3
Div 3 new - bottom six sides from 2012.
Expect some last minute recruiting if these clubs want to stay up in B grade.
Effectively they are making room for new clubs to enter the league.

2 Questions:

Q1
Everyone seems to be potting Marby for the amount of spending, but now people are saying that they are spending it better than other clubs....

Where & how are they spending it better than other clubs?

Q2
And if the comp becomes 3 Divs, where else will the league recruit new teams from?

where will they look to?

Pretty sure Keilor FC is $120 plus $6 per week. They were very concious of the perception of the juniors funding the senior operation a year ago so this still looks like it is still the case.

Doutta's are $ 260 per year for one Child and $425 per Family no matter how many, that is it no exta's, rego is this Sunday at 11am all welcome with a barby later come along

Is your "good authority" the B grade thread?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787397&page=4

has anyone heard if the league is allowing 4 on the bench this year??

Done & dusted - the League in their infinite wisdom have increased the interchange bench for season 2011.
So when you all start talking about the level of money being spent just reflect back on this decision that effectively added another wage to each clubs already stretched budgets.
Fact - when this decision was made - 10 of 24 clubs were not financial with the league so when the decision was challenged by nearly 50% of clubs they were overturned as they did not have a vote.
How many of the bloke on this forum have raised the points system? Does any one really think the league are worried if some clubs go broke???

That's pretty good, but with 3-4 teams in each grade they can probably afford it.

Doutta's are $ 260 per year for one Child and $425 per Family no matter how many, that is it no exta's, rego is this Sunday at 11am all welcome with a barby later come along

Only a rise of 10 bucks which is good. Thankfully no match day payments. Any club charging 3-400+ bucks and getting players along is doing extremely well. I'd be looking elsewhere.

It would be nice to put a face to the nick on Sunday, SEMPAI. Just ask the JP who the Kiwi bloke is whose son plays in the 14's.

rumor has it the prodigal son returned to abers last night after spending several years in the wrfl, can any one confirm if the sighting was true??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the wheel has turned at Clifton Park. After years of fishing with the folding stuff but getting no nibbles the dam wall has broken.

Courtney Johns
Hayden Skipworth
Damian Peverill
Nick Capatan
Daniel Mangan
Chris Goullet
Alistar Rea
Callum Glassford
Another kid from Bendigo Bombers
Adam Houli full time
Plus more to come

Anything but a top 4 finish would now be disappointing. Will be a few bigfooty posters running around early this year ;)

Must admit that seems to be the common theme amongst the blokes I know down your way who have kids playing juniors at EDFL clubs. $400 times say 25 kids in one team is $10k, multiply that by the big numbers of junior teams some clubs have and I cant believe it cost's upward of $70-80k a year to run the junior arm of any club :confused:

Marby junior membership in 2010 was $160 per child, each additional child was $80 and there was no match payments on the Sunday. Good value if you ask me but I am bias

Go Marby in 2011

2 Questions:

Q1
Everyone seems to be potting Marby for the amount of spending, but now people are saying that they are spending it better than other clubs....

Where & how are they spending it better than other clubs?

Q2
And if the comp becomes 3 Divs, where else will the league recruit new teams from?

where will they look to?

Marby spend it better by smarter recruitment where other clubs have spend the money players who are duds, has been and coaches who can't string one sentence. I know it easy to say after Marby going back to back premiers.

How the wheel has turned at Clifton Park. After years of fishing with the folding stuff but getting no nibbles the dam wall has broken.

Courtney Johns
Hayden Skipworth
Damian Peverill
Nick Capatan
Daniel Mangan
Chris Goullet
Alistar Rea
Callum Glassford
Another kid from Bendigo Bombers
Adam Houli full time
Plus more to come

Anything but a top 4 finish would now be disappointing. Will be a few bigfooty posters running around early this year ;)

Mango trained on Monday night however is not playing at Abers in 2011. As great as it would be to have him back he's playing up the bush this year and will hopefully continue to train with the club throughout the year and return in 2012.

Marby junior membership in 2010 was $160 per child, each additional child was $80 and there was no match payments on the Sunday. Good value if you ask me but I am bias

Go Marby in 2011

Good to see, looks like Keilor and Marby are being sensible about kids fees,

Cant telll me that a good portion of the 450 at strathmore is not being used to fund the seniors

if you have a full list of kids teams in each age group it doesnt cost 450 to put them on the park each week

A reminder that this Sunday 13th February is our Junior Registration Day at the football clubrooms from 11.00am – 2.00pm. Please ensure that you have filled in your registration form and bring with you on this day. If you have misplaced your registration form or do not have one, you can download one at www.douttastarsfootballclub.com.au.
As you may be aware this year we are accepting registrations on a first in, best dressed situation. This means that if you do not register on Registration Day we cannot guarantee you a position this season. So, if you are unable to make it on Sunday please make sure you let us know of your intention to register by return email, or post your registration form to the club – P.O Box 679, Niddrie, 3042. However we do encourage everyone to register on Sunday as to ensure a position for you. 2011 coaches and committee members will be present so it will give you a chance to meet your new coach and our new president and committee members.
The uniform shop will be open on Sunday and we will be having a special deal for people who register and pay their membership in full, they will receive a 5% discount on uniforms for Registration Day only. Also, the senior football team will be training from 11.00am on Sunday, so this would be a great opportunity for our junior players to come down and watch the senior team train. Some other great reasons to infact register on this day.
A barbecue will also be running from around 11.30.

That's pretty good, but with 3-4 teams in each grade they can probably afford it.

Only a rise of 10 bucks which is good. Thankfully no match day payments. Any club charging 3-400+ bucks and getting players along is doing extremely well. I'd be looking elsewhere.

It would be nice to put a face to the nick on Sunday, SEMPAI. Just ask the JP who the Kiwi bloke is whose son plays in the 14's.

As does mine as does mine

Disappointing to hear that Matty Pilios has moved to the NFL for at least the next two years.
Matt - you did a great job over the years promoting the EDFL thru TV, Radio, & social networks. Your contribution to the EDFL is valued by many supporters and will be missed.
No doubt one of the existing EDFL Board Members will stand up & pick where Matt has left things or will we be subjected to the two comedians from 2009 or the blonde that can't string two words that make any footy sense together.
Our media representation certainly moved forward in 2010, where will if go now.
The EDFL has certainly been driven by the clubs in recent years thru AFL/VFL player recruitment, ex-AFL players as coaches, increased playing budgets maybe the clubs need to pick the media side of things up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back