EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way they will pay their reserves to play football. Surely a coach dosnt have that much say over a proud club like ek. If it is the case, the committee should all step down with embarrassment. Can’t wait to see what the edfl does about this if it is indeed true

Some are getting way overs for senior games so if they play reserves it would probably balance out. So ultimately yes they are being paid to play reserves I guess. I agree with TTR in that most senior standard players won’t enjoy getting up to play reserves or maybe even thirds. It’s great to have depth as you need it if your looking to have a crack as it puts you in good stead for premier but it’s also risky as how much depth your talking.

If I use a Rusi as an example. Joined late and is definitely a player capable of playing div1 footy. Yes his inconsistent but on his day more than capable (as shown in 2018 finals) so why would he enjoy playing div1 reserves when he might as well stayed at Strathmore to play reserves.

I’m from TL but Honestly the amount of sh*t people talk on this page is what made me so reluctant to even join. Until someone posts actually facts with evidence that ek is paying reserves players and all this whack then no one will believe it. You guys all taking a dig at a club that’s been honest in forever because they have a new coach who brought in funds and did well in one year.

Every day you guys come up with some diff “story” to slander ek are you guys really that jealous of them. Put your hands in your pockets and go sponsor your clubs maybe they can get some more players.

You do know west meadows just signed 6-7 players right, god forbid..... must mean they are over the cap too cmon guys. Ek have lost more players then they have brought in quit the s**t and spit some facts with EVIDENCE.

Rusi a twos player and maybe can fill in 3-4 games a season in the ones at best. He’s clearly signed as a back up ruckman which probably gives him more chance playing for ek then most other clubs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m from TL but Honestly the amount of sh*t people talk on this page is what made me so reluctant to even join. Until someone posts actually facts with evidence that ek is paying reserves players and all this whack then no one will believe it. You guys all taking a dig at a club that’s been honest in forever because they have a new coach who brought in funds and did well in one year.

Every day you guys come up with some diff “story” to slander ek are you guys really that jealous of them. Put your hands in your pockets and go sponsor your clubs maybe they can get some more players.

You do know west meadows just signed 6-7 players right, god forbid..... must mean they are over the cap too cmon guys. Ek have lost more players then they have brought in quit the s**t and spit some facts with EVIDENCE.

Rusi a twos player and maybe can fill in 3-4 games a season in the ones at best. He’s clearly signed as a back up ruckman which probably gives him more chance playing for ek then most other clubs

Ok

“I’m from TL” but All of my posts since I’ve joined are about EK and defending them.

Ok mate , go the lakes 😂😂😂

“I’m from TL” but All of my posts since I’ve joined are about EK and defending them.

Ok mate , go the lakes

Clearly haven’t read all my comments then mate. My son plays for TL.

I’ll defend any club u guys bash for no reason with no proof mate... you sure this isn’t turbos second acc? All u do is bash ek mate. Stop being jealous move on, what club u even follow ?

Last edited:

I’ll defend any club u guys bash for no reason mate... you sure this isn’t turbos second acc? All u do is bash ek mate. Stop being jealous move on, what club u even follow ?

You obviously haven’t read my posts. Haven’t bashed ek once.
Give us a little intel into how things are tracking at TL then. You seem to know that Rusi was recruited as a back up ruckman ect what’s happening at Lakes. Vista is a big loss

Another bloke
the nfl heading to EK,
Santoro div 1 ressies player.

going to be handy in the div 1 ressies team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously haven’t read my posts. Haven’t bashed ek once.
Give us a little intel into how things are tracking at TL then. You seem to know that Rusi was recruited as a back up ruckman ect what’s happening at Lakes. Vista is a big loss

I don’t know for sure if rusi is recruited as a backup I said I assume he is because he’s played 2’s everywhere and ek have clearly already signed their ruckman.

Vistarini is overrated mate should never have won a comp medal easily the worst comp medalist in recent years (I’m not a bias supporter). We have recruited much better this season

What club u from ?

Last edited:

I’ll defend any club u guys bash for no reason with no proof mate... you sure this isn’t turbos second acc? All u do is bash ek mate. Stop being jealous move on, what club u even follow ?

I don’t need a second account but who knows who you follow.

Taylor’s Lakes have clearly recruited the best forward to come into div1 in recent memory. Patty will kick 100 and probably kick more than the EK recruits put together so it’s a smart recruiting coup. But have TL got a ruck this year to replace the outgoing bloke. Big loss!!

I don’t need a second account but who knows who you follow.

Taylor’s Lakes have clearly recruited the best forward to come into div1 in recent memory. Patty will kick 100 and probably kick more than the EK recruits put together so it’s a smart recruiting coup. But have TL got a ruck this year to replace the outgoing bloke. Big loss!!

Hmm idk man he was slowing down a fair bit this season with Altona he will dominate div 1 but could easily be double teamed that’s the prob with only having 1 dangerous forward I guess.

Only time will tell hope it will
Be a good shoot out for top scorer.

Hmm idk man he was slowing down a fair bit this season with Altona he will dominate div 1 but could easily be double teamed that’s the prob with only having 1 dangerous forward I guess.

Only time will tell hope it will
Be a good shoot out for top scorer.

Who will challenge him for top goal scorer? Limbach maybe if his back in form but otherwise Patty will win it by 30-40 min.

Double team him will just show which clubs have weak defences and he will most likely still beat 2 if the ball is delivered half decent. He is to smart and skilful and doesn’t miss many.

Who will challenge him for top goal scorer? Limbach maybe if his back in form but otherwise Patty will win it by 30-40 min.

Double team him will just show which clubs have weak defences and he will most likely still beat 2 if the ball is delivered half decent. He is to smart and skilful and doesn’t miss many.
Fair to say that most and if not all clubs recruit mids and forwards into their teams, and rely on on home growns to play back. Would think next season would be one of the highest scoring we have seen and will be interesting to see how clubs try and stop the star forwards

Don’t think EK will have the top goal scorer this season as they have too many players to spread them to. Will probably have 4 players kick 40-50 each.

But limbach will challenge him id say for top goal scorer. Never know I guess it just takes 1 injury like dion Hill last year I guess

Turbo, you haven’t watched patty play for a couple years have you? With all due respect he is finished now and misses a lot. Don’t get me wrong I hope he dominates, he’s a great fella but to slow now days and I would suspect he won’t be getting great delivery in division 2 so when the ball hits the ground he is out of the contest.

Turbo, you haven’t watched patty play for a couple years have you? With all due respect he is finished now and misses a lot. Don’t get me wrong I hope he dominates, he’s a great fella but to slow now days and I would suspect he won’t be getting great delivery in division 2 so when the ball hits the ground he is out of the contest.

Summed up what I was trying to say perfectly. Delivery to limbach will be a lot better he will win goal kicking

I don’t know for sure if rusi is recruited as a backup I said I assume he is because he’s played 2’s everywhere and ek have clearly already signed their ruckman.

Vistarini is overrated mate should never have won a comp medal easily the worst comp medalist in recent years (I’m not a bias supporter). We have recruited much better this season

What club u from ?

Think you guys will struggle if Hobbs and deacon get games at there respected VFL clubs, on top of losing vistarini and Franzi. It’s all well and good recruiting a big key forward who can kick bags but not as useful if you can’t get the ball down there..

Last edited:
Think you guys will struggle if Hobbs and deacon get games at there respected VFL clubs, on top of losing vistarini and Franzi. It’s all well and good recruiting a big key forward who can kick bags but not as useful if you can’t get the ball down there..

1000% agree if we can’t get the vfl boys on the park we are probably finishing bottom 3

Stay tuned as TL not done yet. In talks with some decent mids and remember it’s a small ground so go hard inside and get in forward quick and let Patty do the rest. Only problem I see is 2 umpires in div1 can hurt the better forwards as they will be held, scragged blocked illegally etc. That’s going to be his main issue in this div.

No disrespect but let’s be honest here, Patty is a class above Limbach and 2-3 classes above the EK forwards. Just look up his footy resume and watch him.

Yes I agree his not overly fit in past years but doesn’t have to compete against Deer Park, Spotty, Hoppers defenders in this comp..

Stay tuned as TL not done yet. In talks with some decent mids and remember it’s a small ground so go hard inside and get in forward quick and let Patty do the rest. Only problem I see is 2 umpires in div1 can hurt the better forwards as they will be held, scragged blocked illegally etc. That’s going to be his main issue in this div.

No disrespect but let’s be honest here, Patty is a class above Limbach and 2-3 classes above the EK forwards. Just look up his footy resume and watch him.

Yes I agree his not overly fit in past years but doesn’t have to compete against Deer Park, Spotty, Hoppers defenders in this comp..

True maybe arrow smith is the only defender in the comp that has the credentials of premier quality apart from that I can’t see any other defender remotely containing him if he’s having a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back