EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is IMO , EK win it this year if not for injuries to The Grabowskis, Lyons and Hill.
All played hurt and had a fraction of the impact they all had during the season. All were deservingly named in Team Of The Year
but Grand Final day they were cooked. Vanderbyl too played hurt. No wonder EK looked slow, they were.
There is it's line breaking speed there.

The guts of Captain Vinny Maddafari is largely unknown having played from early in first quarter with a badly broken hand
was incredible.( required surgery)
The best player in the Prelim v Tulla was Langwell and he was concussed early, came back on but probably shouldn't have.

I'm taking nothing from Craigy and Lance ,they were so good and I am sure they carried some injuries too but what a game it would have been if both teams were somewhere near 100%.

2020 is shaping up real interesting

The fact is IMO , EK win it this year if not for injuries to The Grabowskis, Lyons and Hill.
All played hurt and had a fraction of the impact they all had during the season. All were deservingly named in Team Of The Year
but Grand Final day they were cooked. Vanderbyl too played hurt. No wonder EK looked slow, they were.

The guts of Captain Vinny Maddafari is largely unknown having played from early in first quarter with a badly broken hand
The best player in the Prelim v Tulla was Langwell and he was concussed early, came back on but probably shouldn't have.

I'm taking nothing from Craigy and Lance ,they were so good and I am sure they carried some injuries too but what a game it would have been if both teams were somewhere near 100%.

Would of been epic if all the above wasnt the case. Definitely would of been a closer game.

Would of been epic if all the above wasnt the case. Definitely would of been a closer game.

Bla, Bla, Bla
Only fact is you didn't win.
Everyone has injures that time of year
Tulla played prelim without Devine, Bartrop, Vocale, Mulvaney, Prestia playing 2nd game in 10 weeks and Liberatore was injured and shouldn't have played
Craigieburn best 2 players Bongetti and Davies didn't play first final and probably shouldn't have played GF
Westy were missing Clare and Church for first final
So same could be said about all finalist

Bla, Bla, Bla
Only fact is you didn't win.
Everyone has injures that time of year
Tulla played prelim without Devine, Bartrop, Vocale, Mulvaney, Prestia playing 2nd game in 10 weeks and Liberatore was injured and shouldn't have played
Craigieburn best 2 players Bongetti and Davies didn't play first final and probably shouldn't have played GF
Westy were missing Clare and Church for first final
So same could be said about all finalist
Agree cant blame injuries that time of year. Every single team is battling with them in one way or another.

NOPE !! Not buying that - The better team and coach won on the day. If you declare yourself fit when you cross the line, your ready to go. Goes for the reserves team as well, when they played injured guys when you had at least 5-6 players READY watching from the stands. The end result is what you get - The decisions you make as selection - NO EXCUSES !!

So are you saying players only thought of themselves and played when they shouldn’t. That’s not good as it’s team first attitude that counts most.

I also disagree as the best “team” won and to be honest they always had the look of a team that would win it. Very even side. I do agree with you that EK relied on 2 many individuals to get them over the line. Lyons is a star in this division and JOSH Grabowski is clearly better than a division 1 player.

So are you saying players only thought of themselves and played when they shouldn’t. That’s not good as it’s team first attitude that counts most.

I also disagree as the best “team” won and to be honest they always had the look of a team that would win it. Very even side. I do agree with you that EK relied on 2 many individuals to get them over the line. Lyons is a star in this division and JOSH Grabowski is clearly better than a division 1 player.

You honestly feel Josh Grabowski is a better player then anyone in division 1 this year??? No chance.

Castello, Calluzi, Hobbs, Baravi (maybe), Davies all better

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GF - It looked like EK poo'd their pants.. Crazyburn were aggressive and EK backed down almost immediately, like they were scared

Give me a spell. 3 paragraph’s of excuses and then ‘im taking nothing away from Craigie’
The scoreboard flattered EK. CB ran rings around them all day and the margin could of easily been 80-90 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You honestly feel Josh Grabowski is a better player then anyone in division 1 this year??? No chance.

Castello, Calluzi, Hobbs, Baravi (maybe), Davies all better

It was supposed to be taken as his better than division 1 standard. Sorry bud.

But I do think his as good on his day as those you mentioned. Castello has done it all and is still crafty but Josh just runs and runs. I’m not convinced his brother should be mentioned in the same category as Josh clearly the better player by a fair way..

Anyway just a response.

But I do think his as good on his day as those you mentioned. Castello has done it all and is still crafty but Josh just runs and runs. I’m not convinced his brother should be mentioned in the same category as Josh clearly the better player by a fair way..

Anyway just a response.

Makes sense he’s for sure better then the standard, I also agree he is leaps better then his brother from what I’ve seen

Why round 1?

Anyway just a response.
I still think Arrowsmith is EK's best / most important player.

Lol time will tell mate. Blokes won 2018 and 2017 league bnfs in a premier Comp... he will be more then ok

nearly
Correct thats why l said he will be good. Lock is no issue, but Scanlon will be a good player only. Im thinking there will be players half his age that he will not be able to keep up with. But then again l spend my weekends sinking beer so what would l know. Dont be so defensive buddy its all good

How would you rate Broadbent to Scanlon.

Both older guys - Scanlon (42) Broadbent (39) who have fantastic footy cv’s

Good question! Their footballing abilities are not in question both are better then every player in this comp at their primes.I havnt seen Broadbent since he played at DP was very good back then. I think both will Be impressive this season but I think scanlon has definitely aged better, he’s 42 and probably has the best rig in the comp and fit as a fiddle. 2 out of 3 league bnfs also was injured most of last season so just see how both their bodies hold up I guess

Good question! Their footballing abilities are not in question both are better then every player in this comp at their primes.I havnt seen Broadbent since he played at DP was very good back then. I think both will Be impressive this season but I think scanlon has definitely aged better, he’s 42 and probably has the best rig in the comp and fit as a fiddle. 2 out of 3 league bnfs also was injured most of last season so just see how both their bodies hold up I guess

Broadbent B and F in 2017 & is also super fit for his age . And both same injury just recently. There pathways have been very similar. Broadbent prob more premierships though

Broadbent B and F in 2017 & is also super fit for his age . And both same injury just recently. There pathways have been very similar. Broadbent prob more premierships though

Scanlon has won 6 premierships I read in an article, not sure about broadbent but like everyone here always says on the wrfl page “deer parks premier ships mean nothing”.

In all seriousness I’m excited to see them both play will both bring great experience to EK and TUllas midfield, will help the younger on ballers massively

Scanlon has won 6 premierships I read in an article, not sure about broadbent but like everyone here always says on the wrfl page “deer parks premier ships mean nothing”.

In all seriousness I’m excited to see them both play will both bring great experience to EK and TUllas midfield, will help the younger on ballers massively

I’m sure they will be good players but question is are they on good money and just in it for the easy $$ Playing in a lower comp? Are there bodies shot hence dropping a level and taking some easy coin. That’s the risk I guess. I have never seen Scanlon play but Shagga was a gun in his prime but always well reimbursed for his efforts, hence playing at Marby then Deer Park.
But I’ve always admired blokes who continue to play whilst they still can. Good on them both..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back