EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cash maybe , but what was handed over?
And mate , good on Roxy , got a bargain considering what K.Park handed over for some of their players. Poor ol' K.Park can't take a trick
Ballpark for what they handed over?

cmon survey spill the beans if you know something. Please enlighten us as to what occurred and what you would have done if you were in that position. Pls be honest as if not we will respond.

inanunda let’s wait and see what comes out of survey.. 🤭

cmon survey spill the beans if you know something. Please enlighten us as to what occurred and what you would have done if you were in that position. Pls be honest as if not we will respond.

inanunda let’s wait and see what comes out of survey.. 🤭
Let's just say that Roxy not compensating Mernda is as about as true as EK recruits not already receiving over $40k in sign on's for this season... Just on that if we do play and as the EDFL stipulated for NO $$$ , what becomes of the sign on's already paid or is that question too hard , or doesn't it matter if as EK will tell you , they never paid sign on's(but someone did!!!)?

Let's just say that Roxy not compensating Mernda is as about as true as EK recruits not already receiving over $40k in sign on's for this season... Just on that if we do play and as the EDFL stipulated for NO $$$ , what becomes of the sign on's already paid or is that question too hard , or doesn't it matter if as EK will tell you , they never paid sign on's(but someone did!!!)?
Well if they are honest then they will inform the EDFL and that money will be included into nexts years cap. But I’m sure most clubs won’t inform the league and hope they don’t get caught out

Nothing to see here Survey

Donald D

Well if they are honest then they will inform the EDFL and that money will be included into nexts years cap. But I’m sure most clubs won’t inform the league and hope they don’t get caught out
Horse..... please "if they are honest" you reckon that will happen? I have more chance of getting drafted in 2021 to the Pies and I'm the worst footballer on the planet....

Donald D

Horse..... please "if they are honest" you reckon that will happen? I have more chance of getting drafted in 2021 to the Pies and I'm the worst footballer on the planet....

Donald D
Well considering your breaking the rules by paying sign ons. I don’t think those clubs will fess up either. Clubs are going to have to get creative come AGM nights to hide that money.

Hey mate, your original post mentioned K.Park now you have moved on to EK. 🤔🤔

I agree with you on Roxy but I’ve already made my thoughts known. If they paid a fee or not who cares as his gone back to his junior club so good on him. In all honesty can only make Roxy a better place with him there..👍

Hey mate, your original post mentioned K.Park now you have moved on to EK. 🤔🤔

I agree with you on Roxy but I’ve already made my thoughts known. If they paid a fee or not who cares as his gone back to his junior club so good on him. In all honesty can only make Roxy a better place with him there..👍
Agree Turbo , I am happy he's gone back to Roxy , it's a good thing... What I do take exception too is the absolute crap being posted on here that tries to lead people to think Mernda rec'd nothing for him which is just not true

In regards to K Park - It's great they are pushing to be competitive, fantastic actually considering they were not in existence a couple of years ago,,, but fact is they have paid out thousands of dollars for clubs to release players to them so in that regard it has been a disaster financially.. I do feel for them and hope they can keep all players for next season

EK - do you disagree with anything I've posted?

Agree Turbo , I am happy he's gone back to Roxy , it's a good thing... What I do take exception too is the absolute crap being posted on here that tries to lead people to think Mernda rec'd nothing for him which is just not true

In regards to K Park - It's great they are pushing to be competitive, fantastic actually considering they were not in existence a couple of years ago,,, but fact is they have paid out thousands of dollars for clubs to release players to them so in that regard it has been a disaster financially.. I do feel for them and hope they can keep all players for next season

obviously you’re not involved with either club. Mernda or Roxy , so you can take exception all you like.

Wrong again

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

obviously you’re not involved with either club. Mernda or Roxy , so you can take exception all you like.
Wrong again

I’m probably not one to offer advice on this subject as I bite back plenty of times but in all honesty who cares if money was exchanged or not. I will say with this Covid19 and no footy this season it was a good decision. Some Players are go through difficult times with no footy outlet so I congratulate Mernda on clearing the kid. Let’s move on shall we.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kind of a joke of a comp will we have now if it goes ahead? Hearing players from the NFL are already contacting clubs about playing the the EDFL. If promotion is available it makes a joke of the comp if players from other leagues transfer in now. Just make the hard call Kitey and cancel footy. Allow training so boys can still get together but for god sake just make the call

What kind of a joke of a comp will we have now if it goes ahead? Hearing players from the NFL are already contacting clubs about playing the the EDFL. If promotion is available it makes a joke of the comp if players from other leagues transfer in now. Just make the hard call Kitey and cancel footy. Allow training so boys can still get together but for god sake just make the call

Roxy seem very desperate to avoid a season this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Roxy seem very desperate to avoid a season this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Definitely not desperate. Clubs in a good position on and off field. Great social functions and culture. Building a solid list that is only gonna get better next year..
But it’s more so keeping everyone safe at the club. Lots of young families and also people who are normally volunteers with health concerns. The further the edfl drag it on and hope, the worse it gets for any club. Old kitey just wants to make impression and be the last man standing at least to make a statement about his first year in charge. Ego

I will reinterate what I said very early that unfortunately metro EDFL will be cancelled. I’m not being negative as would love footy to get underway but it’s gone for this season I’m afraid. I’m surprised it wasn’t announced with the NFNL and EFL
Maybe some of the bigger country leagues are a slight chance due to certain things..

Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality. There cant possibly be any footy this season due to the almost impossible task of policing all these rules being applied
Any club that plays will almost certainly record a financial loss due to edfl affiliation fees. Clubs will then start next season behind and we all know how hard it will be with sponsorship money.As much as it hurts, dont play this year and lets get it right for next season
Thats only my opinion

Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality. There cant possibly be any footy this season due to the almost impossible task of policing all these rules being applied
Any club that plays will almost certainly record a financial loss due to edfl affiliation fees. Clubs will then start next season behind and we all know how hard it will be with sponsorship money.As much as it hurts, dont play this year and lets get it right for next season
Thats only my opinion
Why does the EDFL need to charge affiliation fees this year?

I will reinterate what I said very early that unfortunately metro EDFL will be cancelled. I’m not being negative as would love footy to get underway but it’s gone for this season I’m afraid. I’m surprised it wasn’t announced with the NFNL and EFL
Maybe some of the bigger country leagues are a slight chance due to certain things..

That may be your opinion but it is not a fact on EDFL or bigger country leagues

Let’s be honest and upfront on how many clubs in premier think it’s feasible and that they are able to control the strict covid19 guidelines and it’s not many I can assure you.

That is a different question.

Your statement was and continues to be the EDFL will be cancelled this year.

As i have said that is your opinion and maybe the opinion of many BUT the option to play still remains a chance.

That is a different question.

Your statement was and continues to be the EDFL will be cancelled this year.

As i have said that is your opinion and maybe the opinion of many BUT the option to play still remains a chance.

agree
Most on here are focussed on the no crowds no bar no canteen business.
There will be beer there will be meat pies and hot dogs.
It can be done successfully and we are still 6 weeks from proposed game day. Think what we were all doing 6 weeks ago and what we are doing now!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why does the EDFL need to charge affiliation fees this year?

100% Local Footy1 that is the question i continue to ask, why are fees required for a shortened 2020 season

The EDFL have 9 staff members.(i believe a number have been stood down and a number working reduced hours)
Umpires Administrator
Umpiring & Development Manager
Media Manager
Manager – Female Football & Netball Operations
Manager – Junior Boys Football Operations
Manager – Senior Men’s Football Operations
Corporate Services Manager x 2
Chief Executive Officer

So follow the global environment reduce staff salaries, maybe reduce some roles for 2020

The EDFL works for the clubs, engage councils, eliminate rates / eliminate fees / players $0, umpires $0 where is the cost to run a reduced 2020 season?

I am not talking the toll on volunteers etc thats a tough one and some clubs battle in this space.

100% Local Footy1 that is the question i continue to ask, why are fees required for a shortened 2020 season

The EDFL have 9 staff members.(i believe a number have been stood down and a number working reduced hours)
Umpires Administrator
Umpiring & Development Manager
Media Manager
Manager – Female Football & Netball Operations
Manager – Junior Boys Football Operations
Manager – Senior Men’s Football Operations
Corporate Services Manager x 2
Chief Executive Officer

So follow the global environment reduce staff salaries, maybe reduce some roles for 2020

The EDFL works for the clubs, engage councils, eliminate rates / eliminate fees / players $0, umpires $0 where is the cost to run a reduced 2020 season?

I am not talking the toll on volunteers etc thats a tough one and some clubs battle in this space.
I’m guessing the EDFL have to pay rent on the office space from the Essendon Footy Club. The would have to pay for ulitilies for the building on top of staff wages as you would still have to pay staff to run the senior and junior competition. There is the media expense which is videoing and radio. Not sure how much but when this is all added together it’s still a big $$ value.
When you say no $$ for umpires, will you get the same number of umpires this year if they aren’t paid. Especially the juniors. I know that some kids that do unpiring as a part time job. Will
They continue to do this for free or will they stop. That’s the question that league will have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back