EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be intresting to see what the afl decide to do with the vfl weather the go for afl only teams and flick the old vfa teams look how quick carlton where to flick the norther blues acka preston
WHERE DO YOU SUGGEST THE AFL WOULD FLICK THE 5 STAND ALONE TEAMS AS WELL AS PRESTON BULLANTS WHO ARE TRYING TO GO ALONE AGAIN.

Turbo what’s your thoughts on Roxy for next year and there individual youth
Bit early to tell I guess but I think the coach seems to setting better standards and processes. Probably depth will hurt them if they get any injuries but other than that I don’t know much. It would be great if they could get McGill to return as think his another younger type that goes well. I don’t venture out to that part of the world to often 😄

Did you miss the game at Lakeside last year against Hillside Turbo? Good game that... can't recall the result
Bit early to tell I guess but I think the coach seems to setting better standards and processes. Probably depth will hurt them if they get any injuries but other than that I don’t know much. It would be great if they could get McGill to return as think his another younger type that goes well. I don’t venture out to that part of the world to often

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Take the caps lock off.
Anything could be possible, AFL clubs are terminating more staff members the past few days, just shows how dire the situation is.
lets hope that does not happen as coburg preston and others will look to other comps or there will be over 120 players looking for new homes when teams are desperate to retain lists not cut them.

It will be intresting to see what the afl decide to do with the vfl weather the go for afl only teams and flick the old vfa teams look how quick carlton where to flick the norther blues acka preston
There will be a VFL next year not sure how it will look. It could be like past years with a mixture of stand alone AFL clubs, VFL clubs and an alignment or it might be like the old VFA with 10 clubs playing 18 games plus finals. The 10 clubs will be
Port
Willy
Coburg
Bullants
Box hill
Werribee
Frankston
Casey
Sandy
Maybe a Ballarat, Bendigo or Tassie team.

There will be a VFL next year not sure how it will look. It could be like past years with a mixture of stand alone AFL clubs, VFL clubs and an alignment or it might be like the old VFA with 10 clubs playing 18 games plus finals. The 10 clubs will be
Port
Willy
Coburg
Bullants
Box hill
Werribee
Frankston
Casey
Sandy
you serious. tasmania? who is paying for that. casey boxhill and sandy need to raise their own funds in times of covid. good luck with that proposal. if it has afl clubs there have to be more than you suggest as there are 10 stand alones .

Port
Willy
Coburg
Bullants
Box hill
Werribee
Frankston
Casey
Sandy

There is no way there will be a Bendigo based VFL team next year

you serious. tasmania? who is paying for that. casey boxhill and sandy need to raise their own funds in times of covid. good luck with that proposal. if it has afl clubs there have to be more than you suggest as there are 10 stand alones .
Did you not understand what I said.
The VFL won’t change or if it does then it will be like the old VFA days with the original clubs. If you look box hill and sandy were going to go stand alone in 2020. So I’m sure they have been doing a lot of work for what 2021 might look like for those clubs.

Port
Willy
Coburg
Bullants
Box hill
Werribee
Frankston
Casey
Sandy
I dont think the bullants will be there as the preston bullants play in the ammos

Did you not understand what I said.
The VFL won’t change or if it does then it will be like the old VFA days with the original clubs. If you look box hill and sandy were going to go stand alone in 2020. So I’m sure they have been doing a lot of work for what 2021 might look like for those clubs.
does that mean afl teams will have their own competition for reserves and id so instead of reduced lists theyd need more. you said old vfa days but at its height it had over 20 teams and two divisions. l was not aware sandy and boxhill were going it alone in 2020.Does your post mean Casey was the only aligned club in 2020 if it had proceeded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read this Herald Sun article on Bundoora coach and it’s the most sensible thing I’ve heard in a long while and what I mentioned in an earlier post somewhere with regards to the new cap and the limitations now on being able to recruit.
“Oh no did I just bring conversation back to that old subject again” 😊

Re-signed coach Michael Ryan said the changing landscape of community sport made list retention critical.

“We were really comfortable with the list we had for 2020,” he said.

“The landscape has changed a fair bit with the salary cap being $100,000, so my priority on retainment rather than recruitment.

Just read this Herald Sun article on Bundoora coach and it’s the most sensible thing I’ve heard in a long while and what I mentioned in an earlier post somewhere with regards to the new cap and the limitations now on being able to recruit.
“Oh no did I just bring conversation back to that old subject again” 😊

Re-signed coach Michael Ryan said the changing landscape of community sport made list retention critical.

“We were really comfortable with the list we had for 2020,” he said.

“The landscape has changed a fair bit with the salary cap being $100,000, so my priority on retainment rather than recruitment.
Correct Turbo and you would hope that is the attitude of EVERY club out there. Coaches that secured their list for 2020 with a budget of ??? would surely be wanting to retain their list. Then and only then would you look to bring players into your club if you could afford it. Can imagine how hard some of the conversations would be cutting players payments in half, if not more

does that mean afl teams will have their own competition for reserves and id so instead of reduced lists theyd need more. you said old vfa days but at its height it had over 20 teams and two divisions. l was not aware sandy and boxhill were going it alone in 2020.Does your post mean Casey was the only aligned club in 2020 if it had proceeded
All clubs would’ve been stand alone.
what I’m saying is that the AFL has a few options available next year.
1) stays as per 2019
2) AFL introduces a reserves comp with the nsw and qld teams joining the vic teams(this unlikely as not all teams will have the $$$$)
3) smaller list sizes meaning clubs may well just have scratch matches as per 2020.
they may be other options but these what I can think off.
All I’m saying is that the old VFA Clubs we run a competition with or without the AFL clubs involvement.

VFL and NEAFL to join. Meaning the VFL and the 4 eastern AFL clubs to ply next year. Not sure many other neafl clubs will
Join.
hey whisper you said boxhill and sandy were going to be stand alone in 2020. herald article says not so with alignment likely to continue.
where do you think Coburg will play. they could not afford to be in proposal in paper.

hey whisper you said boxhill and sandy were going to be stand alone in 2020. herald article says not so with alignment likely to continue.
where do you think Coburg will play. they could not afford to be in proposal in paper.
That is correct. They were planing on playing the 2020 VFL season as a stand alone like all clubs because the AFL wouldn’t allow the AFL players to play in the VFL. Season 2021 their alignments may continue. Coburg will be fine, have a playing surface upgrade and a new clubrooms being built record membership.

Didn't realise this became a VFL thread. Any chance we can talk about Div 1. Surely there is a dedicated VFL thread this can be debated on. Let's get back to the EDGL shall we

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In all fairness, this is where VFL players, present and future come from, so it's a relevant discussion point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back