EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Look they put Sunbury Kangaroos into div2 and they were far to good and Rupo were rated well above Sunbury Kangaroos in the Riddell league at that stage hence why they put them directly into div1. Plus they won the Riddell premiership before coming over so it was the right decision by the EDFL đź’Ż
agreed, they lost so many premiership players, and didnt get relegated, good on em and I think they will stay in div 1 for a while.

agreed, they lost so many premiership players, and didnt get relegated, good on em and I think they will stay in div 1 for a while.

Played with 22 points most weeks too so lots of room to move on that front.

Rupo's 2019 Premiership side would've won Div 2 EDFL easier than Sunbury, so Div 1 was the right place for them. Wallan's Premiership Minor Premiership side of 2021 would challenge for EDFL Div 1 top 4 IMO.

Do you think rupo should of started in div2?
Div 2 would have been the wrong starting point for Rupo. If you look at their results in Div 1 this year they were competitive in parts in most games, were any of this years Div 2 teams capable of similar results at Div 1 level? It’s not about finding a level of footy you can dominate each week, it’s about finding a level where you need to complete at your best every week.

Look they put Sunbury Kangaroos into div2 and they were far to good and Rupo were rated well above Sunbury Kangaroos in the Riddell league at that stage hence why they put them directly into div1. Plus they won the Riddell premiership before coming over so it was the right decision by the EDFL

But loosing 15 premiership players would riddle any team.

Guess there is no argument from my end because they still beat Taylor’s lakes, so guess they made the right decision

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Div 2 would have been the wrong starting point for Rupo. If you look at their results in Div 1 this year they were competitive in parts in most games, were any of this years Div 2 teams capable of similar results at Div 1 level? It’s not about finding a level of footy you can dominate each week, it’s about finding a level where you need to complete at your best every week.
Wouldn't you have started then off in div 2 though first.... very odd choice... Next season I expect em middle of the road.. thats about it..
As for Craigieburn I have gone through their entire list of recruits and done some research... yeah I'll change my tip.. I feel they'll end bottom again (lol)

Wouldn't you have started then off in div 2 though first.... very odd choice... Next season I expect em middle of the road.. thats about it..
As for Craigieburn I have gone through their entire list of recruits and done some research... yeah I'll change my tip.. I feel they'll end bottom again (lol)
Still a bit early to base things on recruiting but yeah Craigieburn are an interesting one to watch this season. They along with some other clubs, rely on the sports club for sponsorship $$ and due to covid could be struggling for $$ to recruit.
Any truth to Sherman contacting a lot of kids who were part of the TAC cup team he was involved with last season and offering $$ to move to CB? Heard AFL Vic contacted him to warn him against doing that. Very unethical. Anyone else heard that?

Still a bit early to base things on recruiting but yeah Craigieburn are an interesting one to watch this season. They along with some other clubs, rely on the sports club for sponsorship $$ and due to covid could be struggling for $$ to recruit.
Any truth to Sherman contacting a lot of kids who were part of the TAC cup team he was involved with last season and offering $$ to move to CB? Heard AFL Vic contacted him to warn him against doing that. Very unethical. Anyone else heard that?
Don’t know what’s so unethical about it getting in first before other clubs

isn't that what a coach should be doing trying to recruit players ? as it is from a different league I don't see what the issue is .people would be scream blue murder if Sherman was going flat out poaching from other EDFL clubs .

isn't that what a coach should be doing trying to recruit players ? as it is from a different league I don't see what the issue is .people would be scream blue murder if Sherman was going flat out poaching from other EDFL clubs .
No mate what I heard is his trying to poach TAC aged players to come to CB and offering them $$$. Remember these kids already have clubs and it’s not acceptable thing to do mate. It’s not one or 2 either.

No mate what I heard is his trying to poach TAC aged players to come to CB and offering them $$$. Remember these kids already have clubs and it’s not acceptable thing to do mate. It’s not one or 2 either.
understand what you are saying turbo but isnt poaching another word for recruiting. Plenty playing in EDFL did not start where they are now. Also plenty of TAC boys and VFL recruits are encouraged for enhancing their careers to switch from there junior clubs. On another note isnt it great to see avondale and fog joining forces to get an 18-5s team up and running. But is it poaching to ask kids to come back to that team if they played EDFL elsewhere in 2021 .

Recruiting kids is fine it’s luring kids away from TAC footy and throwing cash to turn their backs in the AFL dream that’s poor

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, a season dominating Div 2 would have been a step backwards for Rupo. Div 1 was the right option. You only need look at the Sunbury Kangaroos as an example, they had a dominant year in Div 2 then we’re about on par with Rupo in Div 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recruiting kids is fine it’s luring kids away from TAC footy and throwing cash to turn their backs in the AFL dream that’s poor

I sort of agree with you , but I reckon it would be only kids on the fringe that would walk away from a potential afl career . Not all kids at TAC get drafted and if I was not sure of getting drafted and I had a local club wanting to me to play and throw some coin at me I would probably give it some serious consideration. Playing afl is not the end all to be all anymore. For the next few years the young blokes and girls have a lot of life to catch up on and you don't get the freedoms to make mistakes enjoy hanging put with mates going away for weekends and parties if your at an afl club .In todays environment as a afl player you always have to watch your P&Qs then make sure that your not being filmed just having fun and then splashed all over social media so the trolls can tear you too pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said that is exactly the point once they are finished with NAB League then that is a different story

Donald D
Recruiting is like the share market it’s too late once everyone knows, So good on CB there’s always haters

Poaching and recruiting means the same thing in local footy. Saying you'll pay the X amount to come over.

Some even $$ just to sign too

Any kid who’s played 5 games of NAB are 5 pointers? Along with their other 15 recruits they are going to be in serious points trouble if true.

No one is forced to join a club. Your offered a deal and if they choose to accept it, then thats their decision. Zac Taylor is getting drafted this year (mock drafts had him in the first round) and he played for Oak Park in div 2.

Reminds me somewhat of the Lamelo Ball situation in the NBA. He decided not to play college ball which is the traditional route, instead come to Australia to make $$, and still ended up going pick 3 in the draft. I know NBA is different, but the concept is the same. There is nothing saying kids have to go through the traditional route to get drafted.

If kids are good enough to play seniors footy in div 1 as a 16-17 year old, there is also an argument that will be better for their draft prospects.

No one is forced to join a club. Your offered a deal and if they choose to accept it, then thats their decision. Zac Taylor is getting drafted this year (mock drafts had him in the first round) and he played for Oak Park in div 2.

Reminds me somewhat of the Lamelo Ball situation in the NBA. He decided not to play college ball which is the traditional route, instead come to Australia to make $$, and still ended up going pick 3 in the draft. I know NBA is different, but the concept is the same. There is nothing saying kids have to go through the traditional route to get drafted.

If kids are good enough to play seniors footy in div 1 as a 16-17 year old, there is also an argument that will be better for their draft prospects.
Mate that wasn’t my point it was around ringing kids from a TAC cup with promises of money. He was given there details by the club and used them for his own advantage once he moved on. Not a great look but he does have history in that area. Maybe round up a few players before you apply rather than ringing so many post appointment. But I’m done with this conversation now!
It’s beer day 🍺🍺🍺🍺

Mate that wasn’t my point it was around ringing kids from a TAC cup with promises of money. He was given there details by the club and used them for his own advantage once he moved on. Not a great look but he does have history in that area. Maybe round up a few players before you apply rather than ringing so many post appointment. But I’m done with this conversation now!
It’s beer day

It’s even classed as intellectual property theft can be huge fines if proven

Remove this Banner Ad

Back