EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

well here we go another keyboard hero!! Lets believe everything we see on bigfooty shall we. I love how you assume there is a sign on and I've taken it and just left a footy club?? You wouldnt know me or anything that goes on like half the peanuts on this. Taking the piss am I?? Very easy to pot blokes and put up bullshit from behind a computer like many on here do. Probably never played footy before or if you have you were no good!! Lets have a go at blokes because they can earn some money for something they enjoy and are good at. So go back to your computer desk and keep putting shit up about me and other blokes couldnt give a shit if that makes you happy mate. Here is a tip more importantly get a life. Fyi You are more than welcome to get on the highway and come watch me play next year. I'd be more than happy to shout you a beer and pay your entry fee for you all courtesy of my sign on!!

Tappy, firstly good on you for getting on here and pushing your point I am not judging you, don't know you. I am curious though if everything said is garbage on these sites why the need to come on and push your point if it is way off the mark anyway. Having said that, I do have a further question if I may, again not judging you, each to their own everyone plays footy for a host of different reasons year in year out and unless you know each guys personal circumstances or inner motivations you cannot get on these sites and slam a character, in saying that, clearly you have been to a host of clubs, what is your motivation for doing so and of all the clubs you have been to is there one that really sticks out as a real strong culture and club that you really enjoyed over the others? All the best for next year to I am sure you will fully justify what any club chooses to pay you.

Tappy, firstly good on you for getting on here and pushing your point I am not judging you, don't know you. I am curious though if everything said is garbage on these sites why the need to come on and push your point if it is way off the mark anyway. Having said that, I do have a further question if I may, again not judging you, each to their own everyone plays footy for a host of different reasons year in year out and unless you know each guys personal circumstances or inner motivations you cannot get on these sites and slam a character, in saying that, clearly you have been to a host of clubs, what is your motivation for doing so and of all the clubs you have been to is there one that really sticks out as a real strong culture and club that you really enjoyed over the others? All the best for next year to I am sure you will fully justify what any club chooses to pay you.
I dont usually reply or comment only when I feel it is necessary. I hate the fact that people get on here bag blokes make up bullshit and think they know the person and believe everything they hear! If it makes them happy good luck to them they can hide behind a computer all they like. I am not losing any sleep over it trust me! I appreciate your reply and all the clubs have been fantastic and I have made a lot of friends through footy circles. Never have I left a club with any bad feelings or anything and would happily go and have a beer at any of them.

well here we go another keyboard hero!! Lets believe everything we see on bigfooty shall we. I love how you assume there is a sign on and I've taken it and just left a footy club?? You wouldnt know me or anything that goes on like half the peanuts on this. Taking the piss am I?? Very easy to pot blokes and put up bullshit from behind a computer like many on here do. Probably never played footy before or if you have you were no good!! Lets have a go at blokes because they can earn some money for something they enjoy and are good at. So go back to your computer desk and keep putting shit up about me and other blokes couldnt give a shit if that makes you happy mate. Here is a tip more importantly get a life. Fyi You are more than welcome to get on the highway and come watch me play next year. I'd be more than happy to shout you a beer and pay your entry fee for you all courtesy of my sign on!!

Well, the Flat have a history of throwing money around indiscriminately and if this bloke Broadbent has a track record they would have paid him a sign on fee,no worries. After one season he will find there are better things in life than coming up the highway week after week playing with a mob who continuously shoot them selves in the foot with their continual infighting and white anting.......... and not looking after their local talent(what's left of it anyway). With his experience it will be interesting to see how he gets on with coach too!Love to be a fly on wall.

Well, the Flat have a history of throwing money around indiscriminately and if this bloke Broadbent has a track record they would have paid him a sign on fee,no worries. After one season he will find there are better things in life than coming up the highway week after week playing with a mob who continuously shoot them selves in the foot with their continual infighting and white anting.......... and not looking after their local talent(what's left of it anyway). With his experience it will be interesting to see how he gets on with coach too!Love to be a fly on wall.
Lol here we go another one!! Its good to see you know everything rootboy! Pls give me a spell!

Go Tappy..

1- I will say the games I've seen Shannon play he gives his all, and remember he plays as an inside mid so puts his body on the line every week.
2- He doesn't seem to leave a club in the middle of a contact. Who cares if he changes clubs a few times that his choice and the club knows where they stand.
3- I don't agree with paying sign ons in today's footy, but if both parties agree then so be it.

Some people work for the highest job offer and they might get a yearly bonus. So it's a bit similar.

4- From memory his won a few club B&F's so it would appear his good value for money and gives you his all.
*Dont put Shannon in the same class as some players who demand money and don't really put in every week.

Anyway it looks like his playing up the country as per newspaper reports. I would assume if his someone (or agreed) to play for a club he usually honours it..

Cheers

Go Tappy..

1- I will say the games I've seen Shannon play he gives his all, and remember he plays as an inside mid so puts his body on the line every week.
2- He doesn't seem to leave a club in the middle of a contact. Who cares if he changes clubs a few times that his choice and the club knows where they stand.
3- I don't agree with paying sign ons in today's footy, but if both parties agree then so be it.

Some people work for the highest job offer and they might get a yearly bonus. So it's a bit similar.

4- From memory his won a few club B&F's so it would appear his good value for money and gives you his all.
*Dont put Shannon in the same class as some players who demand money and don't really put in every week.

Anyway it looks like his playing up the country as per newspaper reports. I would assume if his someone (or agreed) to play for a club he usually honours it..

Cheers
Thanks turbo appreciate your reply!

Thanks turbo appreciate your reply!

All good mate, just stating the facts.
From what I hear every club your been at speaks highly of you, and when playing in the country you embrace the local's.
Thought you might have gone back (was going to say finish, but last time I said that it appeared I was trying to retire someone, Lol) to Marby mate, but guessing you will enjoy the more relaxed country footy.

PS: a recent post of your footy resume by someone on BF (although brief) forgot to mention you also won a B&F at Keilor Park many years ago.

Good luck mate.

All good mate, just stating the facts.
From what I hear every club your been at speaks highly of you, and when playing in the country you embrace the local's.
Thought you might have gone back (was going to say finish, but last time I said that it appeared I was trying to retire someone, Lol) to Marby mate, but guessing you will enjoy the more relaxed country footy.

PS: a recent post of your footy resume by someone on BF (although brief) forgot to mention you also won a B&F at Keilor Park many years ago.

Good luck mate.
Facts are always good to see especially on here!! Thanks again all the best mate

Facts are always good to see especially on here!! Thanks again all the best mate

If you want facts Tappy, you've come to the wrong place.

What's everyone's thoughts on the draw, I believe it may now have been finalised?

Not from here, down from the Goulburn valley, but who will be the team to beat next year? Any big name or ex afl players come to play in the edfl for next year? Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I will give you a spell! When you can come up with some credentials of your own in stead of deflecting some fairly good comments made by other,who more than likely have a higher IQ

Hey rootboy, give it a spell mate. We get you don't like the guy for some unknown reason but focus on other things. I will reinterate the guy fronts up almost every game and gives you 100% effort, hence why his won so many B&F's and a lot of clubs chase him every year. Yes his been to a few clubs but his never left a club mid season, or broke a contract to my knowledge. Not sure you even know the guy or seen him play. Yes his getting on a bit in age, but still worth every cent.

Now who do you follow? Best go back to that forum mate and stop throwing mud at players.

Hey rootboy, give it a spell mate. We get you don't like the guy for some unknown reason but focus on other things. I will reinterate the guy fronts up almost every game and gives you 100% effort, hence why his won so many B&F's and a lot of clubs chase him every year. Yes his been to a few clubs but his never left a club mid season, or broke a contract to my knowledge. Not sure you even know the guy or seen him play. Yes his getting on a bit in age, but still worth every cent.

Now who do you follow? Best go back to that forum mate and stop throwing mud at players.
I think as much as anything that he was potting the club as opposed to Broadbent.

Good to see you are commited to the flat this year,
Know u won't be welcome at the alpine saints for a beer, and I really don't care about your ability, you just have a rep for taking the early plea before being commited. This is fact, and although you stay with clubs with a buck it shows if it's a tough year following your out the door, aka keilor park, who you committed to then want to Melton and marby etc.
I'll leave it there, next post will be in 5 years when your at your 20th club. Go Tappy..

Good to see you are commited to the flat this year,
Know u won't be welcome at the alpine saints for a beer, and I really don't care about your ability, you just have a rep for taking the early plea before being commited. This is fact, and although you stay with clubs with a buck it shows if it's a tough year following your out the door, aka keilor park, who you committed to then want to Melton and marby etc.
I'll leave it there, next post will be in 5 years when your at your 20th club. Go Tappy..
Really?? Gee you seem to think you know alot about me like some of your other mates on here!! This is fact please the only fact on here is you all hide behind your computer!! Atleast I have the balls to come on here with people knowing who I am!!! Very easy to sit there and pot blokes like I said to your mate get a life!! I'll leave it there move on.

These Q&A's should be interesting. Clubs relying on lower grade talent from other leagues may be in for a bit of a shock. One bonus Glenroy do have is, some very good youngsters who will make a real impact in 2016.

2016 Summer Q&A Series - Glenroy

One-on-one with Ross Terranova

Glenroy hasn’t really figured much in premiership calculations since going down to the Northern Saints in the 2013 Essendon Ford Division 1 Grand Final. After finishing sixth in 2015 with a 5-11 record, Reservoir premiership coach Ross Terranova will take over the coaching reins to try to lift the Roys back into contention in 2016.

EDFL Media Officer Adem Saricaoglu recently caught up with the new Glenroy coach.

These Q&A's should be interesting. Clubs relying on lower grade talent from other leagues may be in for a bit of a shock. One bonus Glenroy do have is, some very good youngsters who will make a real impact in 2016.

2016 Summer Q&A Series - Glenroy

Had a quick read on the website,Ross sounds real excited by the recruits he is bringing across? Will it be enough to take the club from 6 wins to a finals berth?

Had a quick read on the website,Ross sounds real excited by the recruits he is bringing across? Will it be enough to take the club from 6 wins to a finals berth?
I think it will. There are a lot more guys that have been recruited that are not named in that article.
I think you will find the guys they have picked up from Reservoir will only be playing seconds for the most part.

I think it will. There are a lot more guys that have been recruited that are not named in that article.
I think you will find the guys they have picked up from Reservoir will only be playing seconds for the most part.
Good news for your boys Aussie.. With that type of recruiting, Cburn signing more players and looking like the team again, Westy looking strong, OP been on the recruiting drive, this will place plenty of pressure on TL, Haddy, Saints and Hillside to hold their place in this division. Any news from Tulla? Very well coached you would expect them to be thereabouts again....

Good news for your boys Aussie.. With that type of recruiting, Cburn signing more players and looking like the team again, Westy looking strong, OP been on the recruiting drive, this will place plenty of pressure on TL, Haddy, Saints and Hillside to hold their place in this division. Any news from Tulla? Very well coached you would expect them to be thereabouts again....
Tulla will be hard to beat as usual. People keep writing them off year after year, buy they always are thereabouts. Ive heard Windside have picked up a few quality recruits, Mo Taleb from Northern is one.
Oak Park will be better having Cronin & Danny Campbell (if can get fit).

I don't see them making finals at the moment.

Craigieburn, Oak Park, Westmeadows and Tulla for me.

Ahmed Saad signing with Coburg is a blow to Haddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back