EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You think finals and ruled out for them ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not impossible, but looking increasingly unlikely.This week Abers come up against the mighty EK juggernaut. They will probably be 3 and 6 after that game, and with a poor percentage (currently 95) as well.

You would expect the 4th placed team Strathmore to beat Marby, and be 6 and 3, with a percentage of over 150. That would basically mean Abers are 4 games out of the 4 at the halfway mark of the season. Very tough to make finals from there.

Not impossible, but looking increasingly unlikely.This week Abers come up against the mighty EK juggernaut. They will probably be 3 and 6 after that game, and with a poor percentage (currently 95) as well.

You would expect the 4th placed team Strathmore to beat Marby, and be 6 and 3, with a percentage of over 150. That would basically mean Abers are 4 games out of the 4 at the halfway mark of the season. Very tough to make finals from there.

Yeah fair analysis, greenvale 3 games clear of the above happens and they beat APW this week.

Never would of guessed them to be above Abbers mid way through a season.

Yeah fair analysis, greenvale 3 games clear of the above happens and they beat APW this week.

Never would of guessed them to be above Abbers mid way through a season.

Should be a top game between Greenvale and APW this week. Both teams have been going along very nicely.

Huge game for Abers against EK. Their season is absolutely on the line.

Should be a top game between Greenvale and APW this week. Both teams have been going along very nicely.

Huge game for Abers against EK. Their season is absolutely on the line.

Agreed. If EK win and APW beat greenvale then I can’t see the top 4 changing (not including amoungst themselves) much without something drastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many weeks for the Abers player right jab to Mores no.6(who probably deserved it) at the 3min mark of the 3rd qtr?
I've had a look at the video and the incident is at the 2:31 minute mark on the YouTube video. It happens so quick - I wonder if the EDFL will notice.

I've had a look at the video and the incident is at the 2:31 minute mark on the YouTube video. It happens so quick - I wonder if the EDFL will notice.
The Strathmore guy instigated it so he deserves whatever he copped. The bump by the Abers guy was very soft so take the 50 if it was awarded as 50. Didn’t seem like he bumped with much aggression or force to be honest. The no6 instigated the whole thing.

It’s not even worthy of being sent off or carded surely. What is our great game coming to??

Thanks AllHart. Great vision. Really like the close action shots.
What was the crowd like Stax? Doesn’t seem like a big crowd by the vision but difficult to tell. Good initiative but not sure the players would agree as probably prefer a long weekend off.

Both sides appear a lot weaker than previous seasons. What’s your opinion? Either side got the list to trouble the likes of Keilor!

What was the crowd like Stax? Doesn’t seem like a big crowd by the vision but difficult to tell. Good initiative but not sure the players would agree as probably prefer a long weekend off.

Both sides appear a lot weaker than previous seasons. What’s your opinion? Either side got the list to trouble the likes of Keilor!
I wasn’t there Turbo, but yes the crowd looked pretty sparse for a stand alone match. Weather was ok, so couldn’t blame that as a factor.

I agree that the standard of the match wasn’t very high. Setting the COVID years aside, I’ve thought that the quality of EDFL football has really dropped off over the past 4-5 years. Despite the closeness of last years GF, I thought that was a pretty ordinary match as well.

On their performances to date the Mores would really struggle to match it with Keilor. The only team that’s looked like they might be a chance is Pascoe Vale. They came pretty close first time around, so should be a good match when they meet in a couple of weeks.

Though Holian probably overreacted a bit to a very late, but pretty innocuous bump. Having said that, if I didn’t know you better Turbo 😄, I’d reckon you might be still harbouring a grudge against him from the events of 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I wasn’t there Turbo, but yes the crowd looked pretty sparse for a stand alone match. Weather was ok, so couldn’t blame that as a factor.

I agree that the standard of the match wasn’t very high. Setting the COVID years aside, I’ve thought that the quality of EDFL football has really dropped off over the past 4-5 years. Despite the closeness of last years GF, I thought that was a pretty ordinary match as well.

On their performances to date the Mores would really struggle to match it with Keilor. The only team that’s looked like they might be a chance is Pascoe Vale. They came pretty close first time around, so should be a good match when they meet in a couple of weeks.

Though Holian probably overreacted a bit to a very late, but pretty innocuous bump. Having said that, if I didn’t know you better Turbo 😄, I reckon you might be still harbouring a grudge against him from the events of 2 years ago.
Cheers Stax. Nah I’ve moved on but just thought you should let the umpire deal with that and hopefully it might be a 50mt penalty. By coming in you lose hope of the 50.
I’m all for flying the flag but it was late but no real aggression mate and I’m sure the SM player wasn’t hurt. If a 50 was paid the Abers guy would have most likely gone to the bench and copped a spray for being undisciplined.

On keilor, I do think only Pacco can maybe beat them as they pushed them at keilor’s home ground and beat Keilor in last years semi so they don’t fear them. Hopefully Ahern returns back half of the year to strengthen Pacco.
I guess for both SM and Abers they appear to be going for home grown youth so that will put both in good stead moving forward and also save a few $$ as well. Not a bad thing.
Only other challenger is EK who have loaded up but can’t see them beating either Keilor or Pacco. But if they can make finals then they would see that as a good successful year I would say as well as getting 18.5s up and running.

On the other end what’s happened to Marby? Huge drop from previous encouraging years. And gee Avondale have fallen off the tracks. Their recruitment seemed poor as well.

Cheers Stax. Nah I’ve moved on but just thought you should let the umpire deal with that and hopefully it might be a 50mt penalty. By coming in you lose hope of the 50.
I’m all for flying the flag but it was late but no real aggression mate and I’m sure the SM player wasn’t hurt. If a 50 was paid the Abers guy would have most likely gone to the bench and copped a spray for being undisciplined.

On keilor, I do think only Pacco can maybe beat them as they pushed them at keilor’s home ground and beat Keilor in last years semi so they don’t fear them. Hopefully Ahern returns back half of the year to strengthen Pacco.
I guess for both SM and Abers they appear to be going for home grown youth so that will put both in good stead moving forward and also save a few $$ as well. Not a bad thing.
Only other challenger is EK who have loaded up but can’t see them beating either Keilor or Pacco. But if they can make finals then they would see that as a good successful year I would say as well as getting 18.5s up and running.

On the other end what’s happened to Marby? Huge drop from previous encouraging years. And gee Avondale have fallen off the tracks. Their recruitment seemed poor as well.

Agree with majority, but how can you say you can’t see EK beating Pacco, probably a bait but I’ll take it. There was a 1 point margin in that game with 40 seconds left. Trust me lol EK can beat pacco and they know it.

Probably played the worst first half in club history that game also, and not due to PV, due to us being very flat.

You were preaching EK team is far weaker this year then last year at the start of the year, constantly listing the players that have left. So how can you say we have loaded up heaps? Majority of our games this year we are playing under point cap and using reserve players of higher point values due to injuries to a few one pointers.

Tips this week?

Ek 5 goals
GV 2 goals
Keilor 20 goals
Starthmore 10 goals
PV 20 goals

Agree with majority, but how can you say you can’t see EK beating Pacco, probably a bait but I’ll take it. There was a 1 point margin in that game with 40 seconds left. Trust me lol EK can beat pacco and they know it.

Probably played the worst first half in club history that game also, and not due to PV, due to us being very flat.

You were preaching EK team is far weaker this year then last year at the start of the year, constantly listing the players that have left. So how can you say we have loaded up heaps? Majority of our games this year we are playing under point cap and using reserve players of higher point values due to injuries to a few one pointers.

How long have you been at EK Bash? You do realise the Club has a history before Pat arrived and started handed out Brown paper Bags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back