EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Blue, I know Micka James got injured early in the game with a reported knee injury. But who did they have missing from there best 22 besides Bathie who is aligned with a VFL side.

Gourdis appeared to be carrying an injury but still took some strong marks. Galea, although he kicked 5 out of there 8 goals was kept in check for most of the game. McGuane although looking dangerous didn't really do much either. Putt wasn't sighted. Tanner & Burke were solid down back. Tanner created some run out of defence.

Agree with previous post's in that Pacco showed great foot skills and took some good marks around the ground. Moved it fast and precise. Also applied good pressure defensively. Keilor's disposal was sloppy and they didn't seem to handle the hot pressure tempo.
But hey it's still early and Keilor are still top of the ladder.
Thanks for the match report Turbo ....... if we had to wait for any information about Pascoe Vale from the official EDFL media department ...... is there really such a thing? ..... I fear the season could be over before that might happen

Pacco got the jump and were good value for there win. Few injuries and players missing for keilor but i guess everyone does at this time of season.

2 really poor games in a row from keilor, without the yellow card would've most likely lost to west coburg last week and were chasing pacco all day yesterday with terrible delivery into the forward line a big issue. big few weeks coming up too need to rebound.
I'd say pacoe just happend to get them at the right time with kielor not at full strength and pacoe with a full list

Hey Blue, I know Micka James got injured early in the game with a reported knee injury. But who did they have missing from there best 22 besides Bathie who is aligned with a VFL side.

Gourdis appeared to be carrying an injury but still took some strong marks. Galea, although he kicked 5 out of there 8 goals was kept in check for most of the game. McGuane although looking dangerous didn't really do much either. Putt wasn't sighted. Tanner & Burke were solid down back. Tanner created some run out of defence.

Agree with previous post's in that Pacco showed great foot skills and took some good marks around the ground. Moved it fast and precise. Also applied good pressure defensively. Keilor's disposal was sloppy and they didn't seem to handle the hot pressure tempo.
But hey it's still early and Keilor are still top of the ladder.
Paco were better than Keilor on the day and that's all it comes down to! Thats 1 each for the year now and I'm sure both clubs would be confident of getting the win should they meet again come finals time which makes for a great game if it does happen

Th
Hey Jett, I kind of understand where your coming from but let's remember we are talking about clubs who are paying most players and most coaches so I think they know what has been said to them. Red card, yellow card or whatever they know what occurred. If your sent off you can't be replaced its pretty straight forward. Same rule for junior footy so it's not new other than the cards

I suppose I'm a bit old school and know the rules and sick of hearing excuses. The 2 clubs involved have well paid coaches so surely they know the rules.

What should be noted here is both grounds are smaller in size and not fully fenced. Is this more the issue? How does a fight go into the crowd at Strathmore. Not a good situation but how can it be fixed??
The point you are missing is that it is the responsibility of the umpire to notify the bench by displaying the card. This is the part of the process that was forgotten so the WC bench was only informed when the player came off as play had been restarted. When informed of the report the coaches immediately tried to get a player off the ground but Keilor had already called for the count. It was the failure of the umpires in total to properly exercise the rules that caused the issue. This is because they are not properly prepared. It is not the individual umpires fault it is the fault of the director of umpiring as he is clearly not instructed them on how to administer a send off.The fact that the player was cleared at the tribunal makes the whole episode even more ridiculous.

Just another in a long line of issues we see with the umpiring at the highest level in this league every week. Poor understanding of rules, poor execution of actions. it is beyond a joke. I saw Putt from Keilor penalised twice when he grabbed the ball from the ruck and kicked it 50 metres. How that can be classed as incorrect disposal is beyond me. Its the sad fact that the umpires do not understand that all he has relinquished is prior opportunity, correct disposal means play on, not holding the ball. Once again, not the umpires fault, the fault lies in who is directing them.

Th

The point you are missing is that it is the responsibility of the umpire to notify the bench by displaying the card. This is the part of the process that was forgotten so the WC bench was only informed when the player came off as play had been restarted. When informed of the report the coaches immediately tried to get a player off the ground but Keilor had already called for the count. It was the failure of the umpires in total to properly exercise the rules that caused the issue. This is because they are not properly prepared. It is not the individual umpires fault it is the fault of the director of umpiring as he is clearly not instructed them on how to administer a send off.The fact that the player was cleared at the tribunal makes the whole episode even more ridiculous.

Just another in a long line of issues we see with the umpiring at the highest level in this league every week. Poor understanding of rules, poor execution of actions. it is beyond a joke. I saw Putt from Keilor penalised twice when he grabbed the ball from the ruck and kicked it 50 metres. How that can be classed as incorrect disposal is beyond me. Its the sad fact that the umpires do not understand that all he has relinquished is prior opportunity, correct disposal means play on, not holding the ball. Once again, not the umpires fault, the fault lies in who is directing them.

Can't comment much more on that issue at WC mate as wasn't there but just one thing. If the player came off and told the bench why, how was he replaced before coming off?

I must agree with you on if a player is reported he must be given a yellow card. This I don't agree with totally. Understand fully if it's a bad incident the umpire clearly see's but if they are kind of guessing someone was struck, then a send off can be very telling.

I think the 2 sends offs I seen this year the umpire blew the whistle then clearly showed the player the yellow card and they waited until he left the ground before restarting play.

Isn't that ruck rule a free kick if they grab it out of the ruck and they are tackled with the ball it's a free kick, even if they correctly dispose of it. But you must be tackled with the ball. There is no incorrect disposal as its different to normal play.

Happy to be told otherwise!!
Cheers

Head count called in Avondale vs Aberfeldie u18s game on Saturday
5 minutes into the 3rd qauter Avondale called a headcount and Aberfeldie had 19 on the field.
Expect Aberfeldie too defiantly have there score from before the count wiped after what happened in the Keilor vs West Coburg game

5 minutes into the 3rd qauter Avondale called a headcount and Aberfeldie had 19 on the field.
Expect Aberfeldie too defiantly have there score from before the count wiped after what happened in the Keilor vs West Coburg game

Seems to be a big issue now for our league. They might need to include some fines now as a reaction. Thoughts!!

Seems to be a big issue now for our league. They might need to include some fines now as a reaction. Thoughts!!

Fines won't stop this from happening again. The umpires need to alert not only the player involved that he has been sent off but also the offending coaches box and the time keepers as they have to fill out a send off card. If this practice is followed then this problem will be resolved. The Edfl need to implement a procedure asap.

There wasn't a send off involved in this incident. Aberfeldie simply just had too many on the field
Fines won't stop this from happening again. The umpires need to alert not only the player involved that he has been sent off but also the offending coaches box and the time keepers as they have to fill out a send off card. If this practice is followed then this problem will be resolved. The Edfl need to implement a procedure asap.[/QUO

Fines won't stop this from happening again. The umpires need to alert not only the player involved that he has been sent off but also the offending coaches box and the time keepers as they have to fill out a send off card. If this practice is followed then this problem will be resolved. The Edfl need to implement a procedure asap.

Yeah simmsy, what the go with filling out this send off card. I've read that but never seen it actually used. In the old days the runner would go to the timekeeper to notify them but at some grounds that's not easy to do especially if your bench is on the other side. Agree something needs to happen..

Isn't that ruck rule a free kick if they grab it out of the ruck and they are tackled with the ball it's a free kick, even if they correctly dispose of it. But you must be tackled with the ball. There is no incorrect disposal as its different to normal play.

Happy to be told otherwise!!
Cheers

I'll tell you otherwise.

As the previous poster said, the only difference between a player taking possession in a ruck contest and any other possession is that they are automatically considered to have had prior opportunity and must immediately kick or handball the ball, not just attempt to kick or handball the ball.

No prior opportunity - must attempt to kick or handball
Had prior opportunity - must actually kick or handball

In a ruck contest the ruckman is deemed to have had prior opportunity, so if tackled he must actually kick or handball.

There wasn't a send off involved in this incident. Aberfeldie simply just had too many on the field

it happens players not looking at the board at quarter time half time breaks. How did the coaches not know there was only 3 on the bench ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll tell you otherwise.

As the previous poster said, the only difference between a player taking possession in a ruck contest and any other possession is that they are automatically considered to have had prior opportunity and must immediately kick or handball the ball, not just attempt to kick or handball the ball.

No prior opportunity - must attempt to kick or handball
Had prior opportunity - must actually kick or handball

In a ruck contest the ruckman is deemed to have had prior opportunity, so if tackled he must actually kick or handball.
Absolutely correct on all points. What is even more disconcerting is that this rule was brought in for the 2004 season. 12 years later and they still cant get it right. Is it time for us all to agree that Rowan Sawyers is woefully out of his depth as the director of umpiring but Turri is either too lazy or too ignorant to do anything about it.

Absolutely correct on all points. What is even more disconcerting is that this rule was brought in for the 2004 season. 12 years later and they still cant get it right. Is it time for us all to agree that Rowan Sawyers is woefully out of his depth as the director of umpiring but Turri is either too lazy or too ignorant to do anything about it.
Rowan Sawers started umpiring at the top level almost 40 years ago and umpired more than 400 games including 4 Grand Finals , so is it too much to expect a football follower to A) Spell his name correctly ? And B) Show him the respect he deserves ?. Local leagues are so much better off for people of his ilk coming back to lend their experience . Umpire bashing is so easy .

Rowan Sawers started umpiring at the top level almost 40 years ago and umpired more than 400 games including 4 Grand Finals , so is it too much to expect a football follower to A) Spell his name correctly ? And B) Show him the respect he deserves ?. Local leagues are so much better off for people of his ilk coming back to lend their experience . Umpire bashing is so easy .

I reckon all these people who are 'umpiring bashing' should consider actually umpiring a game themselves and see how they go. I'm sure there would be members in the crowd the wouldn't agree with every decision they make.

I also have seen some inconsistency amongst the umpire but agree with Bully that Sawers is doing a great job. I've personally contacted him a few times and his always willing to listen.

Junior umpires are are piority. To get more umpires and maintain them. I've noticed a lot of league representatives watching junior games and providing feedback to umpires. I think that's great.

Now back onto the umpires. It's not an easy task at some games/clubs where umpires are constantly abused. It's ok to criticise umpires but let's remember some clubs also need to pull their socks up and improve there off field behavoir. Encouraging umpires and providing feedback is better than just seeing through one eye and abusing every mistake. It's a tough conversation topic as although I agree they could be better at senior level it's not an easy job and constant abuse or criticism doesn't improve umpires..

I also have seen some inconsistency amongst the umpire but agree with Bully that Sawers is doing a great job. I've personally contacted him a few times and his always willing to listen.

Junior umpires are are piority. To get more umpires and maintain them. I've noticed a lot of league representatives watching junior games and providing feedback to umpires. I think that's great.

Now back onto the umpires. It's not an easy task at some games/clubs where umpires are constantly abused. It's ok to criticise umpires but let's remember some clubs also need to pull their socks up and improve there off field behavoir. Encouraging umpires and providing feedback is better than just seeing through one eye and abusing every mistake. It's a tough conversation topic as although I agree they could be better at senior level it's not an easy job and constant abuse or criticism doesn't improve umpires..
Good topic so ill ask a question. In a game of footy how many decisions do the umps actually get wrong? Compared to over paid paddock footballers? These blokes who r on 600-2000 a game surely they never miss a target, miss a tackle, miss an easy shot at goal? Gee I wonder

Good topic so ill ask a question. In a game of footy how many decisions do the umps actually get wrong? Compared to over paid paddock footballers? These blokes who r on 600-2000 a game surely they never miss a target, miss a tackle, miss an easy shot at goal? Gee I wonder
I'm not sure you can make a direct comparison but an individual umpire would probably make more mistakes across a game than an individual player, that said players certainly don't help themselves by muddying the waters by ducking, throwing heads back etc.
Regardless, while we all may become frustrated by some calls that they make, they are an integral part of the game and certainly deserve to not cop abuse week in, week out.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Some big news from the tribunal. Keilor player no30 lags in Tydell from Pacco who gets 4 weeks based on the players evidence. Pretty ordinary low act from Keilor to dob someone in. Seems like they didn't take the loss to well after all..
It's going to be very interesting when they play again, as he will really cop it next time. Now I know why no Keilor player remonstrated with Tydell, as even his own team mates don't seem to like him.

Some big news from the tribunal. Keilor player no30 lags in Tydell from Pacco who gets 4 weeks based on the players evidence. Pretty ordinary low act from Keilor to dob someone in. Seems like they didn't take the loss to well after all..
It's going to be very interesting when they play again, as he will really cop it next time. Now I know why no Keilor player remonstrated with Tydell, as even his own team mates don't seem to like him.

Turbo , your first post after the game didnt mention the report, only "nothing in the send off, didnt deserve it". no mention then it was for headbutting the keilor player. Again no mention here it was for headbutting but you are putting all the blame on the keilor player.
Did the umpire/s report him for mo reason, did the keilor player think it serious enough to tell the truth, did the tribunal think the evidence was serious enough to give him 4 weeks. U r too one eyed. No credibility now

I take it from your post that you were at the tribunal and heard all the evidence? The umpire(s) did not present any evidence? Or have you just heard opinions from the Pacco group? Is the suggested "low act" of dobbing someone in lower than a deliberate and unprovoked head-butt by Tydell? You draw another conclusion on what you consider to be evidence, lack of involvement of other Keilor players that Guy is not popular. Totally wrong! Learn a bit more about the club, and you will arrive at a totally different conclusion, about Guy and team rules when it comes to that sort of incident.
I will take your lead and draw a conclusion on similar flimsy data, your comment about the next time they meet. From that I deduce that Pacco will become a team playing the man seeking retribution rather than doing what they should be doing, playing the game.
I think the total tone of your post stinks. The whole community is trying to stamp out thugs, the one punch hero's, and here you are suggesting a deliberate and undisciplined act should be condoned and defended by the victim!

I think the low act was the head-butt, and equally reprehensible is your attitude on the tribunal outcome.

Turbo , your first post after the game didnt mention the report, only "nothing in the send off, didnt deserve it". no mention then it was for headbutting the keilor player. Again no mention here it was for headbutting but you are putting all the blame on the keilor player.
Did the umpire/s report him for mo reason, did the keilor player think it serious enough to tell the truth, did the tribunal think the evidence was serious enough to give him 4 weeks. U r too one eyed. No credibility now

Hey mate, I wasn't standing on the wing where the incident occurred as I was in front of the social rooms but the reporting umpire was 50 mts away. The umpire closet who was 5 mts away, didn't think it was reportable let alone a free kick.

I'm happy for you to give your opinion, but can tell you that Pacco don't dob in opposition players for incidents of this nature. I've heard on this forum about certain players who are protected yet this incident gets 4 weeks. C'mon I'm sure Strathmore appreciated Pacco helping them at the tribunal a few weeks back but I guess some clubs/players feel the need to lag in opposition players.

The player didn't go down nor was there any blood, just 2 players having a go at one another and they got to close. If you want to mouth off, maybe you should be careful who you mouth off to.

Yes maybe I'm one eyed but I'm also old school and would never dob in a player unless it was a dogs act like a king hit, kicking etc..

I stand by my post it was a low act by the player.

I take it from your post that you were at the tribunal and heard all the evidence? The umpire(s) did not present any evidence? Or have you just heard opinions from the Pacco group? Is the suggested "low act" of dobbing someone in lower than a deliberate and unprovoked head-butt by Tydell? You draw another conclusion on what you consider to be evidence, lack of involvement of other Keilor players that Guy is not popular. Totally wrong! Learn a bit more about the club, and you will arrive at a totally different conclusion, about Guy and team rules when it comes to that sort of incident.
I will take your lead and draw a conclusion on similar flimsy data, your comment about the next time they meet. From that I deduce that Pacco will become a team playing the man seeking retribution rather than doing what they should be doing, playing the game.
I think the total tone of your post stinks. The whole community is trying to stamp out thugs, the one punch hero's, and here you are suggesting a deliberate and undisciplined act should be condoned and defended by the victim!

I think the low act was the head-butt, and equally reprehensible is your attitude on the tribunal outcome.

Hey Deefer, the suspension was based on what Barbuto said at the tribunal. He basically lagged him in.. Seriously Deefer what's with that behavoir? It's not normal. I hear he also rolled up to the tribunal late, was this because he didn't want to see him prior to the meeting?? Very strange indeed..

Unprovoked you say, cmon they had a few words to each other and then they got close in. Maybe Barbuto should be careful who he mouths off to next time.

I'm sure this incident will spur on Pacco if they meet again this season.

Yes I agree totally to stamp out acts such as one-punch King hits and things of similar nature but let's be honest here, this incident was far from a one-punch incident that could cause serious damage.
Tell your players to harden up or play a non contact sport.

It's funny as the rd3 clash one of the Keilor players kneed a Pacco player who was on the ground. He was down for some time and had to leave the ground. I guess some clubs get different treatment.

I guess we have different views on these types of incidents and I'm more "what happens on the ground, stays on the ground" as long as it's not a King hit or something similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back