Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Huskii

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Firstly - I can't deal with not seeing Mundy play again so therefore Freo have to win tonight

Freo have a strong side in. Closest to their strongest 22 all season with one inspired pick, Amiss.

Mundy is IMO top 3 to put the boots on for Freo.

Its raining on my roof at the moment. Fingers crossed it clears soon.

Prediction- Freo by 2 goals

P.S I fricken love finals!!!

After watching the last 2 nights finals I’m packing my daks !

Dogs are gonna go full measure and have experience on the field , hope our boys don’t wilt .
Mundy could go Stratospheric tonight to lift the midfield.

Hopefully Amiss straightens up a few of the 14 points we would normally kick in these types of situations.
Players like Freddy and Schultz simply have to turn up , no place for passengers.

We can win this but ………….I’m not going to call it

After watching the last 2 nights finals I’m packing my daks !

Dogs are gonna go full measure and have experience on the field , hope our boys don’t wilt .
Mundy could go Stratospheric tonight to lift the midfield.

Hopefully Amiss straightens up a few of the 14 points we would normally kick in these types of situations.
Players like Freddy and Schultz simply have to turn up , no place for passengers.

We can win this but ………….I’m not going to call it

After watching the 2 finals it shows how impressive we were to win twice against those sides and draw.

Also shows it was no embarrassment to lose at home to Swans or Melb.

We play to our standard we win.

The pressure and intensity will be a whole new level tonight. Most of the guys will probably be taken aback by the ferocity if the game and lack of time to execute basic skills compared to a regular season game.
Not expecting much from Amiss for this reason but great to see him in.
Players on our team I think will be guaranteed to lift and thrive in the finals environment are the following:
Serong
Ryan
Brayshaw
Logue
Switta
Brodie

Expecting their traits to really translate well to finals footy.

Young players will benefit from the rest, but really need to be switched on from the opening bounce. If we’re switched on from the start, we can win this comfortably. Five Goal Freddy for BOG.

Defence wins finals so that’s a tick for Freo.

I’d forgotten what finals intensity and pressure looks like but the first two finals have reminded me. Bulldogs will bring it they’ve been there before Freo need to match it from the first bounce and i reckon they can

GO FREO !!!

Oh my Mundy. Let us get the win for him so he can play his final game in front of his family in his home state (the GF not the SF haha).

In regards to the conditions, at least the Optus surface hasn't been pulverised by rain, footy and rugby boots the past 2 weeks so it should be in much healthier nick than the last time we played there even if cops a bit today. Let's hope it's dry for bounce down.

Going to be a quiet time in a Bali pub for me I suspect. My fellow Freo footy watching mate is gone, and things are still fairly quiet here.

Will watch both games, but the combination we have going with a team brim full of precocious youth with our Mundy as a flag bearer forging this fresh batch of warriors in the flaming caldera of finals combat is intoxicating.

I think we get this game ticked off and live to fight another day.

Serong BOG? Mini-Mundy? Could easily be. He is a key for us when Brayshaw is tagged, and he came out of the womb with a bandage on his head and pre-primed for combat.

I'm excited to see how Amiss goes, especially against a somewhat suspect Bulldogs backline. We need to bring the pressure though in the midfield and forward line - give the bulldogs no time to react. We can't let Bailey Smith, the Bont, Treloar, McCrae etc freedom to move and be creative.

Expecting to see Pearce on Naughton, Cox on Darcy and Luke Ryan on Jamarra.

Hope to see Serong, Andy and Mundy bursting front of the centre bounce clearances, delivering it lace out to Lobby and Amiss.

Let's go Freo !

Well I’ve put a few bucks on us to win the flag, if it comes off I will have enough Caribbean beers to keep me go’n until Amiss retires. We are the Smokey, Radar dodging under dogs to win a flag and I couldn’t be happier about that, long may we get away with it!

I'm excited to see how Amiss goes, especially against a somewhat suspect Bulldogs backline. We need to bring the pressure though in the midfield and forward line - give the bulldogs no time to react. We can't let Bailey Smith, the Bont, Treloar, McCrae etc freedom to move and be creative.

Expecting to see Pearce on Naughton, Cox on Darcy and Luke Ryan on Jamarra.

Hope to see Serong, Andy and Mundy bursting front of the centre bounce clearances, delivering it lace out to Lobby and Amiss.

Let's go Freo !
I don't like those defensive matchups. I really think we need logue playing back this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spitting and spluttering in the northern suburbs, but not hosing.

If it starts to tail off around 1pm (in line with the forecast) I reckon we're looking good.

Blowing a gale ATM , strong wind ****’s footy games just as much as rain IMO

Having been at Optus for a couple of howlers (including that bizarre game v Adelaide where Cox kicked 4 and all the scoring was at the southern end) I don't think it's too bad IMO. A bit weird and vortexy but the stands give enough protection to stop it completely wrecking the game.

Big game for amiss .. lots of pressure on the young mans shoulders
Just show the boy footage of how Ajla Tomljanovic played Serena just now. Now that's how you handle pressure!
Anyway, I'm off to the women's game, then the pub to watch the Cats lose, then Optus.
I'll see you all on here tonight friends win or lose
As the girl in the avatar says - LET'S ******* GOOOOOOOOO. Smash those dogs.

Having been at Optus for a couple of howlers (including that bizarre game v Adelaide where Cox kicked 4 and all the scoring was at the southern end) I don't think it's too bad IMO. A bit weird and vortexy but the stands give enough protection to stop it completely wrecking the game.
That would have been bizarre considering the ground runs east west 😁

I am already quite at peace with our season.
I thought we would finish somewhere between 8th and 10th so we have already exceeded my expectations.
But, I hope we smash these umpire-favored puppies!
I think Serong and Mundy may well fire tonight.
Us by 21 points after smacking them in the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back