Embarrassing North Melbourne Confessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My confession.

The thought of women playing in the North jumper with short shorts gives me a half mongrel.

images

I left the 2005 game against Collingwood early and watched us win from the bridge connecting the CBD to Etihad. Don't tell me no one else did that, must have been a few hundred there.

Nah, saw that one from the stands.

Not me - and I've definitely told this one before on here - but my mum called me in an absolutely foul mood to unload on North about 5 mins after our massive comeback game in Sydney for Archer's milestone game. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what the hell she was so pissed about until I realised she'd turned the TV off in a huff around about 1 min before we started that 39 point comeback. Took me another 5 mins to stop laughing enough to explain why it was so funny.

I've got a vague memory of pissing off from the G 3 goals down late in the last and hearing a few huge roars whilst standing on a platform at Punt Rd.

Got back to Y&J' s and lined up the first 2 pints and looking at the box and thinking, what the absolute *?

Won of course.

Good times.

Nah, saw that one from the stands.

Not me - and I've definitely told this one before on here - but my mum called me in an absolutely foul mood to unload on North about 5 mins after our massive comeback game in Sydney for Archer's milestone game. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what the hell she was so pissed about until I realised she'd turned the TV off in a huff around about 1 min before we started that 39 point comeback. Took me another 5 mins to stop laughing enough to explain why it was so funny.

I changed the channel at 3QT - flicked it back about five minutes later and the margin was 18.

Still one of the more remarkable turnarounds I've seen.

Left Whitten oval one day in the 70s (I think) when we were well down half way through the last quarter. Listened to the last 5 minutes in the car as we hit the front. Haven't left early since but have wanted to a few times:eek:.

I left the 2005 game against Collingwood early and watched us win from the bridge connecting the CBD to Etihad. Don't tell me no one else did that, must have been a few hundred there.

Was this the Nathan Thomo flex his muscles final goal and the game that got the Filth Daisey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got that worked up in that Eagles game with the 2 frees late and Natanui after the siren, I had started hyperventilating and some tears came out. It wasn';t crying, just very angry emotional exuberance.

In a house where everyone else had gone to sleep hours before, the silent punch into the couch left an indentation thats still there.

Yep. '94 prelim.
5.9 the first quarter.
Free kicks 34 - 12 Cats way.
Ablett given a bath by Mick.
Carey, well. He was just Carey.
Fruity hitting the post last q.

Balled like a baby when l got home.

I think i was just massively disappointed. No tears...no talking...nothing.

95 was just as bad at the end.

I remember a game at Etihad Stadium about 5 years ago. Our boys were on fire, we got to about 6 goals up in the third quarter when I had to leave early to go to a meeting. Some spud named Kerridge went on a goal kicking spree after I left and the other mob got up in the dying seconds of the game.

Our footy can be so unwatchable at times that I keep some great episodes of Seinfeld on my phone and when the s**t gets so bad I usually just watch one of the episodes rather than get up and leave, it also helps to drown out the "just kick it... to who?" nuffies.

I remember a game at Etihad Stadium about 5 years ago. Our boys were on fire, we got to about 6 goals up in the third quarter when I had to leave early to go to a meeting. Some spud named Kerridge went on a goal kicking spree after I left and the other mob got up in the dying seconds of the game.

It was your fault

I got that worked up in that Eagles game with the 2 frees late and Natanui after the siren, I had started hyperventilating and some tears came out. It wasn';t crying, just very angry emotional exuberance.
That and the Eagles prelim.

Couldn't leave the couch afterwards. Couldn't speak to anyone. Wouldn't speak to anyone. Just sat there. Willed myself not to destroy property

Remove this Banner Ad

Back