Autopsy Emergency Services Practice Match, 2020: Hawthorn v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interested in knowing how the following went
Robbo? have heard mixed bag some say he looked backed to his best others say he was rusty
Webster? have heard nothing about all pre season and didnt play marsh 1 is he injured or just dropped off
Coffield
Bytel
Austin
Joyce
D-mac
Marsh
langlands

Ahh now I get it now - some of you are confusing a game you didn't see with the bruise free exhibition game you watched on TV last night.

Now I understand!!!!!
What does that have to do with anything?

And you can probably get down from that high horse now mate. We know you watched the game and the rest of us didn't. Doesn't make it anymore relevant.

Ahh now I get it now - some of you are confusing a game you didn't see with the bruise free exhibition game you watched on TV last night.

Now I understand!!!!!
Still waiting for you to give us just one player from yesterday’s game that will play round one apart from the obvious. You are obviously rating the game so there must be more than one but I’m happy with you naming one.

He said marsh was a better prospect than battle in a utility spot.

Hardly a dumb thing to say at all.

Exposed form from battle this year and last year does nothing to refute this.
Well I’ve seen battle play 3 or 4 spots in the afl and done ok in all. I’ve seen marsh play 3 or 4 spots in the afl and continuely get dropped. Just out of interest will either play and if you think they will where do you think they may play.

Geez a lot of you are getting worked up over some circle work , To hear someone say Minch was good and Dmac was in the middle or near it is enough for me to throw any form from this game right out the window.
I wasnt there but if Marsh was as good as its being reported well he will just have to keep it up and push someone out of the team but there is no way battle will be going back to sandy IMO

He said marsh was a better prospect than battle in a utility spot.

Hardly a dumb thing to say at all.

Exposed form from battle this year and last year does nothing to refute this.
So his exposed form to you is One game is it ? And what was wrong with Battles form last year ?

So his exposed form to you is One game is it ? And what was wrong with Battles form last year ?
Battle didn't play as a utility last year he was a defender
Battles two games this year as a utility have not been great

Well how can you judge him on last year if he was a defender , thats the point i was making and Two games this year has you convinced he cant be a utility ,

Well how can you judge him on last year if he was a defender , thats the point i was making and Two games this year has you convinced he cant be a utility ,
My opinion is he is a defender or a forward just don't see him as wingman or mid

I agree 100% , For me he takes Jakes spot
I rate Jake a bit more highly then a few on here, I think a fully fit Jake not the one we seen last year coming off a back surgery is a very good player with the best hands at our club. and i guess this is why they're are trying to find a new spot for Battle i also don't think they were planning on Robbo playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle is easily the best defender in our side when fit.
Thats in your opinion which we all have , lets see how he goes this year fully fit with no excuses, He may well be our best defender at this point in time an there lies the problem IMO , Our so called best player ( Winner of our last Two B&F's ) Now looks like a school boy footballer when you compare him to Hill . I just hope to see Battle pushing jake out towards the end of the season

Yep, all we have to go by is how Battle has gone in the role we're discussing, and last week he had just 8 touches in that role, and it doesn't sound like he did much better yesterday.

On the other hand Marsh probably had more of an impact last week in less than half the game time Battle had, and it sounds like he had more again yesterday.

So I can definitely see where Pebbles is coming from, saying that at the moment Marsh is quite possibly better than Josh in that "genuine utility" role.

Especially if that role involves midfield or wing time, which I'm not really seeing with Battle (at least on the inside- I'm not seeing that at all, whereas I could see Marsh being able to impact in there in bursts, with his size, brute-force and explosiveness. I could also see him being better below his knees. He's also apparently played plenty of midfield games at WAFL level, so he's far more experienced in there than Battle currently is).

If the role simply involved playing key forward and key back then I'd comfortably give Josh the edge, but if it like I said involves plenty of midfield time, then I'd not be at all surprised if that gave Marsh the edge- FOR THE MOMENT.

Yep, all we have to go by is how Battle has gone in the role we're discussing, and last week he had just 8 touches in that role, and it doesn't sound like he did much better yesterday.

On the other hand Marsh probably had more of an impact last week in less than half the game time Battle had, and it sounds like he had more again yesterday.

So I can definitely see where Pebbles is coming from, saying that at the moment Marsh is quite possibly better than Josh in that "genuine utility" role.

Especially if that role involves midfield or wing time, which I'm not really seeing with Battle (at least on the inside- I'm not seeing that at all, whereas I could see Marsh being able to impact in there in bursts, with his size, brute-force and explosiveness. I could also see him being better below his knees. He's also apparently played plenty of midfield games at WAFL level, so he's far more experienced in there than Battle currently is).

If the role simply involved playing key forward and key back then I'd comfortably give Josh the edge, but if it like I said involves plenty of midfield time, then I'd not be at all surprised if that gave Marsh the edge- FOR THE MOMENT.
It’s funny that everyone is saying it makes sense about marsh playing but I haven’t seen one person put him the 22. Seen many put battle in the 22. As for bring a utility I doubt many play in multiple positions in the one game in afl footy.

Yep very talented, surprised he even played last year given his back issues. All-Australian calibre player.
Jake makes a hell of a difference to our team when he's in there and going well.

It's been so noticeable in the last few years when he's either come back in and gone well, after missing a game or games, or when he misses, after having been in form prior to missing.

Was 3rd in our B&F in 2017 and then going even better in 2018, and almost certainly would have been first or second in the B&F, until injuries started to take their toll.

Might as well have not even played last year.

If he gets back to that pre-back injury sort of form it will be brilliant.

Last edited:
Jake makes a hell of a difference to our team when he's in there and going well.

It's been so noticeable in the last few years when he's either come back in and gone well, after missing a game or games, or when he misses, after having been in form prior to missing.

Was 3rd in our B&F in 2017 and then going even better in 2018, and almost certainly would have been first or second in the B&F, until injuries started to take their toll.

Might as well have not even played last year.

If he gets back to that sort of form it will be brilliant.
I think people have short memories. Can't forget how good he has been for us when he has been out there. Back issues are terrible and can't imagine any player playing through back injuries. I have back problems and know how debilitating it can be.

Hearing teammates comment on how well he is moving and seeing him play early on in the pre-season really bodes well. Will improve us dramatically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back