Premier Lg EPL Matchday 11 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

What else needs to be there for it to be a foul? It’s a push in the back. All you need is hands in the back and motion/force and that was there.

It just leaves it up to interpretation again so may as well not even have VAR.

Don't know why they just didn't send the guy to the monitor. Have a look at it again and whatever he decides is fine.

Don't know why they just didn't send the guy to the monitor. Have a look at it again and whatever he decides is fine.

Dean’s extraordinary admission a few months ago about wanting to look after his mate and not put them under pressure etc really stands out to me here. I’m of the view they simply didn’t want to have the ref come over to the monitor under that atmosphere and the crowd etc, purely to “not do that to him”. You won’t exactly here something like that in the var audio, and with the time that has since elapsed there’s plenty of opportunity to curate and snip those comments out.

Dean’s extraordinary admission a few months ago about wanting to look after his mate and not put them under pressure etc really stands out to me here. I’m of the view they simply didn’t want to have the ref come over to the monitor under that atmosphere and the crowd etc, purely to “not do that to him”. You won’t exactly here something like that in the var audio, and with the time that has since elapsed there’s plenty of opportunity to curate and snip those comments out.

Which is silly because as a football fan if the referee completes an onfield video review and still sticks with his decision there's less controversy.

With the long stoppage in play due to multiple issues needing review with the Newcastle goal there really isn't a good reason why the VAR can't say "hang on mate there's a possible push here and a few other issues. Come over and have a look at the possible push on screen while we check offside / out of play".

You'd also be saying the opposite of what you have been saying if Liverpool were involved.
I wouldn’t. That’s a foul majority of the time.

For example, the Liverpool disallowed goal against Tottenham was horrendous and the Arsenal penalty for handball in Romero was incredibly harsh.
It cant be an obvious foul if the referee's in the VAR said they didnt really see a foul and other impartial takes on it like mine didnt really think it was a foul either.

I get it though, cos as an impartial viewer, im like yeah that's probs not a foul really. But if that happened to Liverpool I'd be losing my s**t haha
This is silly. Referees are still human upstairs so they are prone to error just as much if they were on the pitch. We have seen them get it wrong numerous times.

You are also the least impartial person I’ve come across on these boards.

Which is silly because as a football fan if the referee completes an onfield video review and still sticks with his decision there's less controversy.

With the long stoppage in play due to multiple issues needing review with the Newcastle goal there really isn't a good reason why the VAR can't say "hang on mate there's a possible push here and a few other issues. Come over and have a look at the possible push on screen while we check offside / out of play".

The current VAR rules is that they send the ref to have a look at the monitor for a clear and obvious error. They didn't deem that in the case with Arsenal v Newcastle.

Once the ref goes to the monitor there is pressure to for him to go with the VAR call, especially when they show him selected angles and freeze frames. They should always show the incident at normal speed so there's some context to the what happened.

Leaked VAR audio appears to reveal why Guimaraes was NOT sent off

(if it is the real audio)

"So he sees the player, he puts his arm up and there’s a glancing blow on the side of his head but for me, that’s not used as a weapon. That’s not violent conduct. Are you happy with that as well?"

Yeah, it’s not nice, but I don’t think it’s any more than a yellow card mate."

And people want to defend these guys?

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Remove this Banner Ad

Back