EPL Matchday 27

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd rugby tackle on Wilf this season saved Newcastle from conceding a 2nd on 94 but wondering the wisdom of Lazaro now copping a 3 match ban with the game already lost.

Doubt Bruce would be happy with that decision of Lazaro.

Deserved Palace win should have been 3-0 but we never win comfortably. Most points for Palace after 27 games ever in premier league.

Who was it last week saying it's a pen if you put your hands up to protect your face? Clearly isn't.

Looked like Man City got a pen for that. Leicester player turns body and lifts arms to avoid being hit in the face from close range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VAR got that one wrong I reckon. They've also got 2 decisions against Chelsea wrong as well.

By the letter of the law it's not wrong, you're allowed to protect your face.

Still amazed how Benteke gets a game in the EPL. The photos of Uncle Woy and the goat must be bad.

Best game I saw this weekend was 3-0 by Burnley over Bournemouth. The Cherries dominated first half but were denied a goal by VAR for it to come back to a Burnley penalty.

So the Man City pen is wrong then? Player was protecting his face too.
Difference for me was that KDB had his arms in front of his face, Praet has his arms away from his body.

They talk about the silhouette. There wasn't much difference between the two but IMO Praet made his bigger.

Last time Everton played Arsenal, both managers were in the stands and both teams were utter tragic.

Hoping the quality will be better tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back