Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was a Spurs fan I’d probably want to lose as well. People can make fun of them for it saying it’s small time or whatever but I completely get it.
Absolutely. They are already getting mocked for how Spursy it would be for them to gift Arsenal the title and they haven’t even done it yet. Being ok losing a likely meaningless game to deny your rivals what they want most isn’t really outrageous thinking for a fan

You can’t be serious? Spurs need to worry about testing themselves against the best to help assess for next season, not worry about Arsenal.
A win doesn't get us top 4 firstly. By the time we play it could be mathematical that we can't make it regardless of our results.

And secondly, in 20 years time nobody remembers who came 4th and 20-30th in the expanded Champions League. West Ham can be the ones to win it for arsenal Sunday

I do think from an integrity point of view, throwing the game is pretty ordinary.

This sport has very little integrity anyway though.
I don't think there's a need to do anything that ridiculous. Just a couple of smart and fair selection calls

Is it really worth risking playing van der ven, romero, bentancur, son, maddison all 3 times in a week when they've had pretty injury interrupted seasons? Porro has barely missed a game as well. Just get the majority cherry ripe for the weekends game.

A win doesn't get us top 4 firstly. By the time we play it could be mathematical that we can't make it regardless of our results.

And secondly, in 20 years time nobody remembers who came 4th and 20-30th in the expanded Champions League. West Ham can be the ones to win it for arsenal Sunday
In 20 years time I think everyone will still remember you came 3rd in a 2 horse race in 15/16 ;)

I don't think there's a need to do anything that ridiculous. Just a couple of smart and fair selection calls

Is it really worth risking playing van der ven, romero, bentancur, son, maddison all 3 times in a week when they've had pretty injury interrupted seasons? Porro has barely missed a game as well. Just get the majority cherry ripe for the weekends game.
Oh I agree, not suggesting they'd actually do anything during the game. There'd be riots if that ever got out haha

Oh I agree, not suggesting they'd actually do anything during the game. There'd be riots if that ever got out haha
I'd prefer a goal scoring thriller with a late City winner just to keep their hopes up for the entirety of the game rather than copping a belting

Given Spurs ability to Spursy it up I think I prefer they're desperate to beat us than wanting to roll over.

In reality, the only chance of them taking it easy is if Villa win tonight and they've got nothing to play for.

Nothing personal but strange attitude. Personally being 10k miles away I couldn’t care less about Leeds’ northern rivals. I’d want 4th no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managers’ careers, player bonuses for CL qualification, revenue for the club etc etc, there’s plenty to gain from finishing in that 4th position. If it’s available of course, Liverpool vs Villa dependent. However as headf**ked as the fans maybe from Arsenal looming, professional players (usually) have a different mindset.

Nothing personal but strange attitude. Personally being 10k miles away I couldn’t care less about Leeds’ northern rivals. I’d want 4th no matter what.
To finish 4th we'd need some other results to fall our way and the way Liverpool are going it is a good chance to be over tomorrow. Palace are in good form so could do us a favour Sunday.

But I've also seen spurs finish 4th and it being pointless. This is what ended up happening season before last. What did it help us achieve? The signings we got were either already lined up in Udogie and Romero, or from other PL sides and hardly of better quality (bissouma / richarlison) than who we signed without CL last summer (van der ven / maddison).

Managers’ careers, player bonuses for CL qualification, revenue for the club etc etc, there’s plenty to gain from finishing in that 4th position. If it’s available of course, Liverpool vs Villa dependent. However as headf**ked as the fans maybe from Arsenal looming, professional players (usually) have a different mindset.
No player will go out there giving a lot less than their best. Will they put in for a challenge that could be an ankle breaker for an outside chance for 4th? Probably. For a dead rubber? No chance.

But it can be and should be taken out of their hands with rotation. By no means will or should the coach instruct to not put in. But picking Dragusin over Romero, Emerson over Porro, Hojberg over van der ven at CB, starting a few more kids etc. is what we'd prefer to see.

If this was a Liverpool vs Arsenal shoot out and our game was against Liverpool midweek, with the way we are travelling I don't think it's worth even considering. The result of a Liverpool win would be a given. But for whatever reason Spurs vs City no matter which manager we have at the helm, we seem to get a decent result. Even this year with an Emerson and Davies CB combo we managed a 3-3 draw.

Old Trafford is literally falling apart. Crazy to watch that.

Do you understand the word 'literally'? They had a leak in the roof when nearly a month's worth of rain fell in 2 hours. At no point was the structural integrity of the stadium at risk.

A more interesting question is what Ratcliffe does about the roof. His preference is to build a new stadium using taxpayer money. It's in his interests to not maintain Old Trafford so the stadium looks bad for when he invites the members of his high profile OT 'taskforce' to games.

Just gotta feeling arsenal are gonna win this title. Think they'll be needing another Gundogan type messiah moment and I'm not sure who that is this year.
If City beat Spurs, that'll be it. I can't see any way they drop points against the Hammers.

Yeah tension goes up again on the final day. Haven’t City gone behind the last three times they needed a win on the final day? And they needed miracles to get out of two of them. There’s teams I’d rather play if I was City than West Ham too. Free swing, they have some quality players and managers last game.

Do you understand the word 'literally'? They had a leak in the roof when nearly a month's worth of rain fell in 2 hours. At no point was the structural integrity of the stadium at risk.

A more interesting question is what Ratcliffe does about the roof. His preference is to build a new stadium using taxpayer money. It's in his interests to not maintain Old Trafford so the stadium looks bad for when he invites the members of his high profile OT 'taskforce' to games.

There's no chance a single use stadium will be taxpayer funded. Ratcliffe should focus on doing a deal with the council for the area surrounding the new Old Trafford (should it be built).

Yeah tension goes up again on the final day. Haven’t City gone behind the last three times they needed a win on the final day? And they needed miracles to get out of two of them. There’s teams I’d rather play if I was City than West Ham too. Free swing, they have some quality players and managers last game.
I think only Sheffield United are a gimmie in this league. Would be proper spursy for us to get a point from city and lose to them on the final day! West Ham won't be a pushover at all for city

Remove this Banner Ad

Back