Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we just concede a real late corner and from there it's academic that city will score.
Just boot it out for a corner from the kick-off. Might as well go 1 down as early as possible to mitigate any risk

Managers’ careers, player bonuses for CL qualification, revenue for the club etc etc, there’s plenty to gain from finishing in that 4th position. If it’s available of course, Liverpool vs Villa dependent. However as headf**ked as the fans maybe from Arsenal looming, professional players (usually) have a different mindset.
Agreed.

The WSL last week was an example, everyone giving the title to Man City being 6pt and 7GD clear of Chelsea who had one game in hand.
City playing Arsenal who were out of the title race. City leading 1-0 approaching the final whistle, walking to the title, and then
IMG_1945.jpeg
and straight after

IMG_1946.jpeg

Now Chelsea is favourite for the title, thanks to Arsenal who had “nothing to play for”.

A win doesn't get us top 4 firstly. By the time we play it could be mathematical that we can't make it regardless of our results.

And secondly, in 20 years time nobody remembers who came 4th and 20-30th in the expanded Champions League. West Ham can be the ones to win it for arsenal Sunday

Nup, I want us to win.

Beating City in this situation, when they are literally playing for the title, would do wonders for the confidence of the players heading into preseason.

I only care about what we do. Let the cards fall as they will but I am not into throwing matches and I hope the players aren’t either. That’s a losers mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

The WSL last week was an example, everyone giving the title to Man City being 6pt and 7GD clear of Chelsea who had one game in hand.
City playing Arsenal who were out of the title race. City leading 1-0 approaching the final whistle, walking to the title, and then
View attachment 1988374
and straight after

View attachment 1988376

Now Chelsea is favourite for the title, thanks to Arsenal who had “nothing to play for”.

Refreshing comments to hear from Ange and some players that they don’t subscribe to the losers mentality of a large portion of their fan base.

Last edited:
Was just baiting jod.
Boring GIF by Minority Report

Refreshing comments to hear from Ange and some players that they don’t subscribe to the losers mentality of a large portion of their fan base.

We will at least be able to pick out the rogue Spurs player if someone starts giving away corners to City. We know how much Vicario is average on set pieces. :p

Last edited:
We will at least be able to pick out the rogue Spurs player if someone starts giving away corners to City. We know how much Vicario is average on set pieces. :p

In fairness, it's our whole defensive set up at corners which is an issue. Vicario is getting no protection from his teammates (nor the ref at times) and as a group we are pretty garbage in the air.

Unfortunately for Arsenal I just don’t see how Spurs could take points tomorrow the way they’ve been playing. Conceded 14 goals in those 4 losses. Midfield was beaten badly and forwards struggling. Bad time to play City.

When Ange was at Hellas, would he have gone in as hard to win a ball if it meant Melbourne Knights would win the title? I doubt it.

An entertaining 6-4 or 4-3 is the best we can realistically hope for with our side. I'm not one who wants a complete roll-over. An entertaining loss is basically all we've become accustomed to hoping for in the 2nd half of the season of Angeball. Don't want a shit loss like Newcastle and Chelsea

But it would be classic Spurs to pull out a random elite performance like we had against Villa and haven't had before that since November and win or draw tomorrow. And then somehow get spanked by Sheffield United

Remove this Banner Ad

Back