Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Ange should be going all out in Europa next season. Great opportunity there.

CL would be insanely hard to win.
They should have done that with the Europa Conference a few years back, like West Ham did. Ok it's a minor European trophy but you still have to beat good European teams in the Top 5 leagues (See Fiorentina, Roma etc.)

Chopping and changing his aggressive pressing tactics whenever the team faces a run of losses would just undermine his objectives in the long term. That's obvious to anyone who's following what he's doing. He needs buy in from the players and you don't get that when the manager panics and goes ultra-defensive anytime the scoreboard looks a tad scary.

He came in and immediately lost one of the best striker's in EPL history. He hasn't had the time to properly recruit the players he needs.

As an Arsenal supporter I can assure you that win against you did not feel 'tame'.
I'm impressed but actually not surprised you seem to understand the concept of ange and of Patience alot more than jd2010

I think spurs had their best game against a big club defensively of the season against city and we're unlucky not to snatch a point. Meanwhile half the club wanted him to lose

Yep. And Mourinho. And now Ange. He seems to have reached that inevitable moment when he realises the extent of the systemic losers mentality that underpins the club :D

They are all being quite vague. As previous managers Mourinho and Conte could be specific about what is wrong at Spurs but they didn't.

What did Ange mean "the foundations are really fragile” and “it's inside the club”? Are they making these insinuations to deflect from their lack of success?

I'm impressed but actually not surprised you seem to understand the concept of ange and of Patience alot more than jd2010

I think spurs had their best game against a big club defensively of the season against city and we're unlucky not to snatch a point. Meanwhile half the club wanted him to lose
My issue isn't that he doesn't completely change the way we play

It's he hasn't nuanced it until yesterday. And shock horror, when he did we played our best game since the Villa win

Spurs fans don't rate any European Competition if it's not Champions League.
Nah just not the Conference League for mine. Uefa cup / Europa league obviously goes back years.

Has no pedigree and is just an excuse to appease mid table clubs from the top leagues. Which isn't what it was branded as being the reason for introduced. Hoping Olympiacos get the job done and break the strange hold of the mid table top League clubs winning it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The community shield being an important bit of silverware or glorified friendly depends whether you win or lose, or don't play in it.

Everything else is well worth winning or aspiring to win. Don't really get anyone that doesn't give a toss about the league Cup or minor Euro comps.

The community shield being an important bit of silverware or glorified friendly depends whether you win or lose, or don't play in it.

Everything else is well worth winning or aspiring to win. Don't really get anyone that doesn't give a toss about the league Cup or minor Euro comps.
It’s not that they are worth nothing. Of course you want to win as many things as possible. And as a club and supporter base you can enjoy those when they occur

It’s that there are only real true bragging rights associated with the Premier League title and the Champions League. And as a fan who really just follows it for the banter with his mates, they are the only two I particularly care about if a rival wins or if heaven forbid one day Spurs can claim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back