Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a more decent comparison, I do remember that game. Was that under Hodgson or Benitez? It feels like it was just about that long ago.

Just looked it up and it was 2010 so Rafa’s last season.

It was the penultimate game of the season and Chelsea ended up winning the league by one point. We qualified for the Europa League and were 7 points off top four so we had nothing to play for.

I just remember it being a weird feeling where we knew it would be better to lose, but it wasn’t as blatant as cheering the opposition like Spurs did. Plus they had something to play for still.

I remember many years ago a situation where we played Chelsea and getting a result would of meant United won the title, or put them in the box seat at least.

I can’t remember if we had anything to play for but I recall the overriding feeling being that the fans would prefer to lose. It was not as blatant as with Spurs but there was definitely that vibe. I think Gerrard ended up setting up a Chelsea goal which got the conspiracy theorists going.
Yeah, Gerrard assisted Drogba.

If roles were reversed Arsenal fans would be exactly the same. Let’s not forget they cared more about Liverpool beating Spurs in the champions league final than their own Europa League final against Chelsea.

The actively cheering City goals and that fan berating Ange about throwing the game is a bit pathetic, but I have a lot of sympathy for what a difficult position Spurs fans were in and I know it would be the same with just about every club in the league. Hating your rivals just as much as you love your own team is part of European football culture, it just is. Maybe it’s a bit harder to understand for us on the other side of the world but it’s not unique to Spurs.
2016. Some within Chelsea spoke that they weren't going to try too hard when they played Leicester.

Arsenal fans from that well known channel when posed with the question both win their European finals or both lose lots chose both lose as the thought of us winning UCL before them was unpalatable. And this is a club with no European heritage.

Now, back on sabbatical.
Peace.

Last edited:

2016. Some within Chelsea spoke that they weren't going to try too hard when they played Leicester.

Arsenal fans from that well known channel when posed with the question both win their European finals or both lose lots chose both lose as the thought of us winning UCL before them was unpalatable. And this is a club with no European heritage.

Now, back on sabbatical.
Peace.
We'd won the title 2 rounds before that fixture even took place. Hypotheticals aren't the same.

Now, back on sabbatical.
Peace.

Is there a link to this to prove it?

Not saying it's shit, just I'd be surprised and interested.

I’ve only just checked the table, holy moly that’s a genuine possibility. Can only imagine the reactions if so haha :D Quite an impressive string of form from Chelsea since the Arsenal match, didn’t see that coming.
Probably 1% chance given we have Sheffield on the final day and only need a point. Sadly it would be such a Spursy thing to do to lose to the bottom team

Is there a link to this to prove it?

Not saying it's s**t, just I'd be surprised and interested.
Think Hazard said to stop Tottenham winning by anyway they can. Sadly we melted down so it didn't get to the final day. If it did the Chelsea fans would have been doing the same thing as what Tottenham fans have done this week

Every clubs has their share of embarrassing fans. Usually sensible posters on this board were calling for Spurs to throw the game.

Rob is an Arsenal supporter, but he is also the administrator of all the other club FanTV’s yeah?

Think Hazard said to stop Tottenham winning by anyway they can. Sadly we melted down so it didn't get to the final day. If it did the Chelsea fans would have been doing the same thing as what Tottenham fans have done this week
Not if it was going to cost us something. If a top 4 spot was still a chance we'd be wanting a win no matter who it would benefit.

Though it didn't get that far and Eden is a man of his word I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no idea. I tuned him and his band of merry clowns out years ago.

It’s something I read a while ago. Not sure if true, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

But yeah, good decision. I reckon I’ve seen at most five videos. I can’t do loud and obnoxious.

I had no idea. I tuned him and his band of merry clowns out years ago.

Yes same. Been a while since I’ve even heard them referenced. They’re not representative of me or my views. Good on them though for pioneering this age of fan media/content creation, I’m sure many others have followed their type of model for their own clubs and channels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back