EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Came here to post this. Reckon between this and the disallowed third goal palace can be rightfully angry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh how did Haaland avoid the red there?
FA probably didn't want Liverpool fans moaning for another three years about unfair it is to send a player off for kicking someone in the head.

My understanding of the rule, if contact is made on the keeper in the act of releasing the ball then it's a foul.

If there was no contact then the goal should have stood.

Didn't see it at the time and it's not really clear on footage that I've seen.

FWIW, this is the rule.

prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it

I think the last bit is relevant here. Edouard clearly attempts to kick the ball while Ederson is throwing it out. What's not clear is whether he made contact while doing that, but according to the rule above it doesn't really matter if he did or didn't.

Pretty similar to the Karius goal in the final for me

Main difference for me is that Benzema was a good yard or two away from Karius. He just intercepted the throw.

Footage from behind the goal shows pretty clearly.

Re Haaland, it seemed pretty innocent at the time, but the footage doesn't look great. It's not a red card for me, but I could see that type of incident being given a red.

What saved him maybe was the boot was high but there wasn't any forward momentum to it.

Poor jumper clash at Chelsea. Don’t Leicester have a lighter third kit?
Yeah thought the same while watching. Could've been the angle of the camera making it worse but it was horrible to view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every supporter base has cretins.

You seem to be the one person that loves to pick out a single twitter post (of all places) and just generalize.

I can’t find anything anywhere about crowd incidents anywhere in last nights game, so it seems you are just kicking off what is likely a couple of isolated idiots. Which happens at every match. Again

Nah not everyone has those supporters.
Rather rare these days.

It's why when it happens it stands out like dogs balls

When people are talking about multiple incidents seperate from each other incidents aren't isolated.

Of the three big decisions in the match, the only one that was blatantly incorrect was Ayew elbowing Cancelo in the lead up to Palaces 2nd.

I can see arguments both ways on the other two. I would have called a foul on Ederson, and probably a yellow, or at least a stern word for Haaland.

Ederson one would have been interesting if the ref didn't blow for a foul straight away.

VAR would have had a look and we'd probably still be in the stadium waiting for a decision.

Yeah we've never had oppo fans singing "Dying on the Runway" in reference to the Shoreham tragedy.

That's next level *******s.

Yeah like people have never sung about Munich, or Hillsborough or teams don’t take Turkish flags to Leeds fixtures every second week…

You must have a pretty sheltered experience of the average UK crowd.

Did the Brighton fans run with Jimmy Saville? I’m sure they beat it out a few times.

So I guess the average Brighton fan loves making light of widespread child sexual abuse then? I’m doing it right yeah?

FA probably didn't want Liverpool fans moaning for another three years about unfair it is to send a player off for kicking someone in the head.

I reckon they decided that the moaning & conspiracy theories from City fans over VAR for the next 10 years was the worse option.

I’m right here. And early on, I was right.

Looks like they’re figuring it out.

Now where’s the countless posters on this board who said Haaland would be another ‘BL flop’? He’s on target for 57 goals at this rate.

I'd add in Sane as well, we've done pretty well from our Bundesliga signings in recent years. Even go back a bit a bit further to the likes of Kompany, De Jong, Dzeko.

Bundesliga has been pretty good to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back