Recommitted Errol Gulden [Re-Signed to 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I would love him at Collingwood, (just thinking of him and Daicos running around together does it for me)
I hope he signs at Sydney and becomes the superstar he is destined to be.

He is going to bring people to the game, so he would be great for the growth of the game in the Northern states.

Yeah I expect us to throw the war chest around, to your point if nothing else blow other teams caps up and make targeting players in the future easier

Lol… I do enjoy the classic nmfc lines about a war chest.

Even imaginary alternate realities balk at the prospect of nmfc attracting a Gulden or any other emerging A grade player.

Lol… I do enjoy the classic nmfc lines about a war chest.

Even imaginary alternate realities balk at the prospect of nmfc attracting a Gulden or any other emerging A grade player.
They have had that War Chest for a decade now and apart from spending $750k on Polec

what ever happened to that chest

Errol in Adelaide this week, might be chatting to the Crows about a very big contract.

We could probably fit him in but we'd need to make the difficult decision to drop McHenry or Murphy
I look forward to the Crows offering their second round pick for him.

I rate this guy hugely... Love him at Geelong , as I know Geelong bid on him him in his draft then Sydney obviously matched it.. At season end he will be in the top 6 mids in the Comp..
But unfortunately for everyone, his not going anywhere, he will sign at Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch from 13:06.

According to Ben Williams (Gulden and McDonalds manager) Gulden is keen to stay at the Swans and already deep in talks over the contract, just a discussion over how many years.

Yep, we've stuffed the rebuild, too many draft busts and players not of finals standard. If Tex is on the wane we're cactus.

Still like us to throw a huge contract Errol's way, he's a gun.
Crows will aim for Gulden & End up with Graham
i suppose they kind of look the same if you squint looking into the sun.

Welcome to Adelaide Crows Jack Graham

With the cap going up 30% he is in line for a massive payday even to stay at Sydney, they will probably have to pay him 1.2m a year.

Dustin Martin was paid that money 7 years ago.
Gulden is in a similar position top 5 player at the time Martin re-signed with us.

Classic case of the big fish stays, but the smaller fish get squeezed out of the tank.
Sydney will rightly give Gulden a big contract to ward off other offers, but eventually that causes a cap squeeze as they have some other stars that need to be reimbursed accordingly. Eventually it's those second or third tier players that are often let go to accomodate.

Not a bad time to target a less heralded Sydney young player who might be on the cusp of becoming a gun but isn't quite as established.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back