Preview Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Friday 23/08/2019 @ 7.50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just imagine getting the Giants in the first week of final.

All the motivation in the world for this game and hope you guys win.

Not that I have any self interest in you doing that.

giphy.gif

Would rest the blokes who have been playing hurt if they need it. Nobody else. We need to go hard and go for the win. Get momentum and energy.

Hope TBC can get up this week... play against Pies and then some minutes in VFL final and it’s a half decent preparation for first final. If he doesn’t play this week I’m not sure you can bring him straight in to a final on the back of a single VFL game given the length of time out.

One caveat....if we get Giants then the glacial Mumford probably won’t test him out too much and we might get away with it. Would not play him first up v. Grundy if we get the Pies again.

Could be total bollicks but just heard that possibly up to a dozen guys has gastro before the dogs game. Apparently came from club insiders and that Mckernan and Clarke were still effected game day. Kinda makes sense. Either that or a smoke screen. Or just bulls**t.
That’s always the rumour when we get smashed

Is belcho anywhere near fit to play this week?? Unless he sneaks a VFL game in on the week off, unlikely he can come straight into a final without shaking the cobwebs off??

I’d imagine would still be a better alternative to Z Clarke

Would rest the blokes who have been playing hurt if they need it. Nobody else. We need to go hard and go for the win. Get momentum and energy.

Hope TBC can get up this week... play against Pies and then some minutes in VFL final and it’s a half decent preparation for first final. If he doesn’t play this week I’m not sure you can bring him straight in to a final on the back of a single VFL game given the length of time out.

One caveat....if we get Giants then the glacial Mumford probably won’t test him out too much and we might get away with it. Would not play him first up v. Grundy if we get the Pies again.
If he plays AFL on Friday he can't play VFL final.

I think Heppell and Fantasia should miss, they'll benefit from an extended rest. No need to rush Hooker back and TBC, if fit, should play VFL this week and next to get a couple of runs under his belt before hitting finals.

I've got no expectations for this game other than wanting to see effort and intensity for 4 quarters. We're not good enough to turn effort/intensity on and off according to who we're playing or what we're playing for, so to keep momentum going all players suiting up need to go flat out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fck resting anyone. 2 week break after the game should be enough time to get the likes of Hep & Raz going (as good as they can go without surgery).

We're playing these scumbags, this is about pride in our performance. We play to win.

Momentum & continuity of line up will go a long way to us winning a final.

Rest everyone that needs it. Farewell thrashings for Baggins, Myers etc and those guys can assist by playing a role one more time for the team by playing hard footy and hurting opposition players should the opportunity present itself.
The elimination final is our GF and we have the perfect opportunity to manage the workload of our starting 22 leading into it. No one gives a * about Rd23 wins and in the grand scheme it won’t change our situation. We need a finals win. Let’s hope the club plays it smart.

Last edited:
Will they take this game seriously? If not let's play the blokes who haven't had a sniff this season. They might as well go out swinging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back