Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know how to operate a forum

Based on what?

Dea has been rock solid. Freo was one of his few poor games.

To me it seems incredible that anyone would consider him a candidate for dropping. Thankfully the coaches won't.
Fair enuf, I just think Ashby shows tremendous courage and is a better long term investment for EFC

Hams didn't get much of it, but did a couple of good things though. Getting as many games into the elite kids as possible without burning them out should be one part of the selection criteria this season. Finding out about a few of the mid-range players, a couple of whom are at a bit of a crossroad, should be the next consideration for selection for the remainder of this season.

It might mean giving blokes another week to prove themselves, where in previous seasons (or hopefully next season) they wouldn't be afforded that opportunity. J Merrett, Hams, Gleeson, Ashby, Edwards, Kommer, McKernan (off the top of my head), all fall into this category at varying levels.

Fair enuf, I just think Ashby shows tremendous courage and is a better long term investment for EFC
He's courageous, yes.

But Dea is tougher than he's given credit for, I think, and his disposal is far superior to Ashby's.

Dea should be one of the first picked on form this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard, "role-play, you're John Worsfold and you have to sell us hope on Friday night. Make us believe, Bomber"
Bomber, "Hawthorn are a good side but they're not a great side. Forwards: Gunston, Rioli, Bruest. They don't kick goals... every week. But probably best if we don't get it down there. Back line: they've got Gibson, Frawley, who else? Hodge, Burgoyne, Stratton...oh, actually that's pretty tough too, you're going to have to do well this week forwards! And the mid-fielders? Just start winning the ball fellas, you know. You've got Lewis. Mitchell, Smith, McEvoy...hmmm, good luck!" Uproarious laughter.
Robbo, "It's going to be tough."

Thought I put this in here

Essendon offering cheap tickets for only home Friday night match
20 minutes ago
GRANT BAKERHerald Sun

ESSENDON is offering thousands of extra $25 tickets and rare insider access for fans at the game and watching on TV in a bid to make the most of the club’s only home Friday night match this year.

The Bombers will make an extra 2000 general admission seats available and has granted Channel 7 changeroom access for their seemingly lopsided Etihad Stadium clash against premier Hawthorn.

Essendon is suffering in the absence of its 12 suspended players and sunk to the bottom of the ladder after a 79-point belting from previously winless Fremantle last Saturday night.

Seven will do its pre-game and halftime segments from inside the Bombers’ rooms.

Captain Brendon Goddard will be miked up for the entire match and coach John Worsfold’s halftime address will be telecast.

In what is believed to be a first, the insider experience seen by Seven viewers will also be shared with fans at the ground on the big screens.

Essendon marketing boss Justin Rodski said the new ticketing arrangements were “a great result for fans, with more access to more seats at affordable prices.

“There is no bigger stage than Friday night football and we hope to see a huge Essendon crowd supporting the team against one of our modern day rivals,” he said.

He said the open door policy for media would “take our members inside the new Essendon and bring them on the journey of our next exciting chapter in our history”.

Neale Daniher, who will be at the club’s headquarters with Kevin Sheedy and Joe Daniher on Thursday, will be a guest at the chairman’s dinner as he starts a hectic weekend raising money for research into Motor Neurone Disease.

Essendon’s fans have stayed loyal despite the doping saga now wrecking a fourth season.

The Bombers this week ticked over 55,000 members, and their crowds are only a little more than 1000 down on last year — from an average of 41,725 in 2015 to 40,651.

Channel 7 will be faced by a similar challenge when Essendon takes on West Coast in a rare Thursday night timeslot in Round 15 at Subiaco.

Last Friday’s North Melbourne-Richmond match drew a combined peak audience of 1.046 million viewers for Seven and Fox Footy.

Across the board, AFL crowds are up by an average of about 1500 this year, from 32,241 to 33,755.

Essendon is expecting about 35,000 on Friday night

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-06-08/selection-choices-

No mention of Sam Michael. Stokes got a write up though :thumbsu:

Reckon Crowley and Baguley out (obviously, both being injured), Stokes and Kelly in. Hams and Jerrett both get another week before they'd even consider dropping them, I think. Philosophy seems to be at least two weeks of form in the VFL before being considered for the AFL, and at least two weeks in the AFL to prove themselves once selected. If they rest Tippa, slight possibility you might see Ashby..? Brown probably goes back if we're not covering Hartley or Baguley with the inclusions though.

Hi do you guys think Zaha will cop a hard tag from Shiels this week?

For DT purposes, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back