Evidence of change at Collingwood - the watch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

People are easily lulled into a false sense of hope, it is human nature. But those of us who know, know the truth. The sickness lies heavily on our club, a sickness that cant be removed in a day or a month or a single offseason. A sickness that goes to the marrow.

In this we are no better or worse than society in general. We have become debased, and accepted as normal things which a better society, a society where father knows best and John Howard comes off as a benevolent avuncular figure and not an unhinged spittle spewing throwback, would not tolerate. PC has truly gone mad, my fellow magpies. I have seen it.

I speak of course, of ponies. I know it is shocking to those of the generation raised on hip-hop and reality tv and smashed avocado and Taylor Swift to hear such words spoken openly. Actually its probably a shock for them to hear any words other than "Yeah""nah""mine"and "journey" but if we are to face the evil we must speak of it. Now is not a time for "Pony Correctness". Now is a time for action, for confronting the hard truths, and if necessary writing them in excrement on the garage door of someone whose religion we dont like like the dogs we are. It is time to channel the spirit, the rightness, we see in Bolt and Latham and their ken, and turn it into action. Time for the clenched fist of truth, and no doctor, I do not want the personal lubricant.

Even today I see signs of the impending societal disaster. Here, in my very shopping centre, a place I normally frequent to buy banana or a roll of duct tape or a copy of stormfront, here a shop was openly advertising them. Advertising!

20171105_125947 (3).jpg

It is bad enough we have a place selling overpriced and questionably sourced linen, bad incense and crystals you can shove up your hoo haa. They openly advertise the scourge, and even make their deadly nature a selling point, rather than the unstated and tautological extra adjective it is, like feral Carlton Supporter or corrupt politician or lunatic One Nation member.

Have we come to this?

But we know the signs too well already dont we. They are everywhere. We are encouraged to "Say yes" to these horrors, by trendy and well meaning types with beards like a ned kelly reunion. But what is next? "Safe Stables?" Unsuspecting bakers losing their freedom and being forced to bake carrot cakes under the hooves of their equine oppressors?

I know it is unfashionable to quote from scripture, to show ones faith to the world, but in those verses lie a universal truth. The book of Revelation, in all its majestic horror, kind of like listening to Alan Jones, carries a message.

I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave.

Judgement is coming my fellow magpies. It says so right there in the bible! But only an advanced scholar of ancient tongues would know the true message here. Because, although the trendy types of the church translated it as "horse", the ancient aramaic makes it clear, through use of the imperfect subjunctive, that the word is in fact pony. There, my friends, incontrivertable proof, just like most people on these boards claim to provide. Proof that the Death's preferred vehicle is the pony, and not a BMW X5 driven by a yummy mummy dropping the kids at Melbourne Grammar as previously thought.

Why, this PC madness is just the thin end of the wedge. I mean, we have already seen Richmond win a premiership. What more sign of the end times do you need? There will be acceptance for 26 different kinds of ungulate next, and we will see cavorting rhinos, zebra, tapirs frolicing in fountains, Richmond supporters. Where will it end?

I can tell you where of course. Because as we know, the most precious thing is our children. Wont someone speak for them, I say? Because you know who else has been feeding them their insidious propaganda of friendship and love, but under that cloke likes destruction.

41a.png

And now I segue into my peroration. Because "cloke" is part of the problem. We know how Travis let a pony into our club, and as ponies do, it brought destruction, and misery, and a keening howl from the depths as it cavorted round in our collective entrails like a bad vindaloo. You might think with Travis departure the scourge is gone, but the keening howl remains, does it not. Just ask Travis. Or his dad, because Travis isnt taking questions today.

No, once you have a pony in, you dont just get it out. You need to purge, like a supermodel who accidentally drank a full sugar coke instead of a zero. You need to destroy, in order to save.

You may ask then what has happened to our club doctor. The details are sketchy, but in that very lack of information, does not the hoofprint of the pony lurk? A danger to the public more manifest than collusion with the pony menace is hard to imagine.

And it is not just this mystery that is answerable if you let slip the veil of ignorance and PC ness that clouds our judgement, and see with your whole mind. AT the heart of the greatest mysteries of all in our club, lies the pony.

The first is obvious to any who may have eyes. Chris Mayne.

Mane.

It is as if they take us all for fools, their malign influence there for all to see. Are we so lulled into security we are unable to act?

What is the pony, I ask you. I mean, I know it is unspeakableness, a horror so vile as to make me soil myself and lose faith in humanity worse than a weekend tending to a mother-in-laws corns. NO, I mean its essence, its true nature.

The pony is undersized, by appearance. And yet, the pony goes where the pony wants, ignoring structure, rules, mores, doing its own thing, bringing destruction and disorder. And the pony cannot be removed, no matter how much you want or try. The pony is a survivor.

So my fellow Magpies, you may not think ponies are that much of a problem. I ask you:

1.png

Do you still think a pony cant be a problem?

Remember, you can vote "neigh".

Nice one! Have you emailed the club about any other players?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope. Having watched Zorko first hand it was beyond a joke that the Suns didn't take him as a local priority pick and then when he nominated for the draft and not one club selected him it really made me wonder. Still does.

As you can tell by my avatar I DID have the pleasure of watching Bobby play. As a kid he was everything I ever dreamt a footballer could be. On the field he was fearless, never beaten, a cross between Leigh Matthews and Daryl Baldock. Exquisitely skilled, but brutally tough, he always just seemed faster, more determined and BETTER than anyone else on the ground. When Bobby left for greener pastures (Wangaratta!) I was devastated, he was our best player, our champion and no "Collingwood is more than just one player" speeches from my grandfather could placate me. But he came back...and with him came our great teams of the late 60's and 70. He also gave us his son (Robert junior) who was also supremely talented in cricket as well as footy before his terrible car accident.

Bob Rose taught kids like me all about sportsmanship. On the ground he was unforgiving and relentless but off the field he was a true gentleman. I saw him stand up to the thugs of the VFL out on the ground (and believe me if Bob had ever pursued a boxing career seriously he could have been a ROSE or a FAMECHEON no pun intended). I once saw Ron Barrassi biff Thorald Merrett on the MCG and Bobby ran 50m from the forward flank to run through Barrassi. Ronald Dale swung around and was ready to "rip the head off" whoever it was that had knocked him down but when he saw it was Bobby Rose he just put his hands up and gave in. Barrassi was much bigger than Bobby but everybody knew that "Bobby Rose could GO a little bit" (meaning he was a gun boxer as well as a GUN footballer)

Bobby didn't deserve the luck he had coaching. He could have won premierships in '64, '66 and '70 and had he had a smidgeon of luck he would have. He coached beautiful football. High scoring, attacking players it was just sensational footy to watch. The effect he had on players like Tuddenham, Thompson, Twiggy Dunne, the Richardson brothers, McKenna, Greening and Price was immense....they all loved him.

When Robert broke his neck in the car accident Bobby took care of his son for the rest of his life. He never shielded young Robert, he included him in everything he could.

Bobby Rose was my hero 60 years ago....and he's still my hero now. If we could draft one like him we'd be top 4 next year!!
Great post... thank you. Whenever it occurs to me that I'm getting old I reflect that I'm 15-20 years too young to have seen both Bradman and Bobby Rose play.

People are easily lulled into a false sense of hope, it is human nature. But those of us who know, know the truth. The sickness lies heavily on our club, a sickness that cant be removed in a day or a month or a single offseason. A sickness that goes to the marrow.

In this we are no better or worse than society in general. We have become debased, and accepted as normal things which a better society, a society where father knows best and John Howard comes off as a benevolent avuncular figure and not an unhinged spittle spewing throwback, would not tolerate. PC has truly gone mad, my fellow magpies. I have seen it.

I speak of course, of ponies. I know it is shocking to those of the generation raised on hip-hop and reality tv and smashed avocado and Taylor Swift to hear such words spoken openly. Actually its probably a shock for them to hear any words other than "Yeah""nah""mine"and "journey" but if we are to face the evil we must speak of it. Now is not a time for "Pony Correctness". Now is a time for action, for confronting the hard truths, and if necessary writing them in excrement on the garage door of someone whose religion we dont like like the dogs we are. It is time to channel the spirit, the rightness, we see in Bolt and Latham and their ken, and turn it into action. Time for the clenched fist of truth, and no doctor, I do not want the personal lubricant.

Even today I see signs of the impending societal disaster. Here, in my very shopping centre, a place I normally frequent to buy banana or a roll of duct tape or a copy of stormfront, here a shop was openly advertising them. Advertising!

View attachment 434823

It is bad enough we have a place selling overpriced and questionably sourced linen, bad incense and crystals you can shove up your hoo haa. They openly advertise the scourge, and even make their deadly nature a selling point, rather than the unstated and tautological extra adjective it is, like feral Carlton Supporter or corrupt politician or lunatic One Nation member.

Have we come to this?

But we know the signs too well already dont we. They are everywhere. We are encouraged to "Say yes" to these horrors, by trendy and well meaning types with beards like a ned kelly reunion. But what is next? "Safe Stables?" Unsuspecting bakers losing their freedom and being forced to bake carrot cakes under the hooves of their equine oppressors?

I know it is unfashionable to quote from scripture, to show ones faith to the world, but in those verses lie a universal truth. The book of Revelation, in all its majestic horror, kind of like listening to Alan Jones, carries a message.

I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death, and his companion was the Grave.

Judgement is coming my fellow magpies. It says so right there in the bible! But only an advanced scholar of ancient tongues would know the true message here. Because, although the trendy types of the church translated it as "horse", the ancient aramaic makes it clear, through use of the imperfect subjunctive, that the word is in fact pony. There, my friends, incontrivertable proof, just like most people on these boards claim to provide. Proof that the Death's preferred vehicle is the pony, and not a BMW X5 driven by a yummy mummy dropping the kids at Melbourne Grammar as previously thought.

Why, this PC madness is just the thin end of the wedge. I mean, we have already seen Richmond win a premiership. What more sign of the end times do you need? There will be acceptance for 26 different kinds of ungulate next, and we will see cavorting rhinos, zebra, tapirs frolicing in fountains, Richmond supporters. Where will it end?

I can tell you where of course. Because as we know, the most precious thing is our children. Wont someone speak for them, I say? Because you know who else has been feeding them their insidious propaganda of friendship and love, but under that cloke likes destruction.

41a.png

And now I segue into my peroration. Because "cloke" is part of the problem. We know how Travis let a pony into our club, and as ponies do, it brought destruction, and misery, and a keening howl from the depths as it cavorted round in our collective entrails like a bad vindaloo. You might think with Travis departure the scourge is gone, but the keening howl remains, does it not. Just ask Travis. Or his dad, because Travis isnt taking questions today.

No, once you have a pony in, you dont just get it out. You need to purge, like a supermodel who accidentally drank a full sugar coke instead of a zero. You need to destroy, in order to save.

You may ask then what has happened to our club doctor. The details are sketchy, but in that very lack of information, does not the hoofprint of the pony lurk? A danger to the public more manifest than collusion with the pony menace is hard to imagine.

And it is not just this mystery that is answerable if you let slip the veil of ignorance and PC ness that clouds our judgement, and see with your whole mind. AT the heart of the greatest mysteries of all in our club, lies the pony.

Mane.

It is as if they take us all for fools, their malign influence there for all to see. Are we so lulled into security we are unable to act?

What is the pony, I ask you. I mean, I know it is unspeakableness, a horror so vile as to make me soil myself and lose faith in humanity worse than a weekend tending to a mother-in-laws corns. NO, I mean its essence, its true nature.

The pony is undersized, by appearance. And yet, the pony goes where the pony wants, ignoring structure, rules, mores, doing its own thing, bringing destruction and disorder. And the pony cannot be removed, no matter how much you want or try. The pony is a survivor.

So my fellow Magpies, you may not think ponies are that much of a problem. I ask you:

1.png

A winning post, horse.

As you can tell by my avatar I DID have the pleasure of watching Bobby play. As a kid he was everything I ever dreamt a footballer could be. On the field he was fearless, never beaten, a cross between Leigh Matthews and Daryl Baldock. Exquisitely skilled, but brutally tough, he always just seemed faster, more determined and BETTER than anyone else on the ground. When Bobby left for greener pastures (Wangaratta!) I was devastated, he was our best player, our champion and no "Collingwood is more than just one player" speeches from my grandfather could placate me. But he came back...and with him came our great teams of the late 60's and 70. He also gave us his son (Robert junior) who was also supremely talented in cricket as well as footy before his terrible car accident.

Bob Rose taught kids like me all about sportsmanship. On the ground he was unforgiving and relentless but off the field he was a true gentleman. I saw him stand up to the thugs of the VFL out on the ground (and believe me if Bob had ever pursued a boxing career seriously he could have been a ROSE or a FAMECHEON no pun intended). I once saw Ron Barrassi biff Thorald Merrett on the MCG and Bobby ran 50m from the forward flank to run through Barrassi. Ronald Dale swung around and was ready to "rip the head off" whoever it was that had knocked him down but when he saw it was Bobby Rose he just put his hands up and gave in. Barrassi was much bigger than Bobby but everybody knew that "Bobby Rose could GO a little bit" (meaning he was a gun boxer as well as a GUN footballer)

Bobby didn't deserve the luck he had coaching. He could have won premierships in '64, '66 and '70 and had he had a smidgeon of luck he would have. He coached beautiful football. High scoring, attacking players it was just sensational footy to watch. The effect he had on players like Tuddenham, Thompson, Twiggy Dunne, the Richardson brothers, McKenna, Greening and Price was immense....they all loved him.

When Robert broke his neck in the car accident Bobby took care of his son for the rest of his life. He never shielded young Robert, he included him in everything he could.

Bobby Rose was my hero 60 years ago....and he's still my hero now. If we could draft one like him we'd be top 4 next year!!

That could be the best post Ive ever read on BF. Thanks for that. Such a vivid explanation of the memory takes all of us too young to have been alive for it right to the Sherrin stand watching as you describe it.

View attachment 434823

Have we come to this?

41a.png

Mane.

1.png

‘Deadly Ponies’ is the name of a locally produced leather goods and hand bag brand. Very insensitive of them, I know, and so unfortunate they’ve touched such a raw nerve.:(

Kevin White appears to be the new high performance manager (or whatever it is called now?).

That's a change. Interesting we have recruited from within given the issues we have had there.

On the one hand it is encouraging he has experience at some big English football clubs in a different sport. Then equally how much change can he bring given he was there during the Davoren years?

I'm not sure how to take the appointment but think I will keep an open mind.

View attachment 434823

Have we come to this?

41a.png

Mane.

1.png

Brilliant, it all makes sense and my questions answered in this one post.

Kevin White appears to be the new high performance manager (or whatever it is called now?).

That's a change. Interesting we have recruited from within given the issues we have had there.

On the one hand it is encouraging he has experience at some big English football clubs in a different sport. Then equally how much change can he bring given he was there during the Davoren years?

I'm not sure how to take the appointment but think I will keep an open mind.
It will depend on how much input he had under Daveron. It’s quite possible, depending on the type of manager Daveron was that White was simply implementing Daveron’s plan. His own plan may be different and therefore change will happen.

Also based on the positions listed on the website, his job looks like it is more focused on the strength and conditioning aspect of high performance and others will focus on aspects like sports science, diet, rehab etc. Frim what I understand Daveron was in charge of all of it, so his focus would have been divided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will depend on how much input he had under Daveron. It’s quite possible, depending on the type of manager Daveron was that White was simply implementing Daveron’s plan. His own plan may be different and therefore change will happen.

Also based on the positions listed on the website, his job looks like it is more focused on the strength and conditioning aspect of high performance and others will focus on aspects like sports science, diet, rehab etc. Frim what I understand Daveron was in charge of all of it, so his focus would have been divided.

I'd like to know who is resposible for injury prevention and screening. That I believe needs it's own dedicated responsibility.

Club media coverage this time of year seems to be a bit more than with previous years.

In previous years we would get a short vid about the players' training trip at Mt Buller, but it wasn't like ep 1 of The Grind, and certainly not weekly.

Senior positions still not filled

Revolving door still whirling

Another 2nd round pick out the door, this time for an untried rookie

Our plans laid bare to the world on a white board like amateurs

Billy does a De Goey

Pendles breaks his rude finger

large_uyZXsW00i9e4PtRF0z5LFUqk4W8.jpg

It's not a statue of Jesus weeping blood in the middle of a locust plague but it's not far off

Senior positions still not filled

Revolving door still whirling

Another 2nd round pick out the door, this time for an untried rookie

Our plans laid bare to the world on a white board like amateurs

Billy does a De Goey

Pendles breaks his rude finger

large_uyZXsW00i9e4PtRF0z5LFUqk4W8.jpg

It's not a statue of Jesus weeping blood in the middle of a locust plague but it's not far off
You know those shapes are made by a bored farmer don't you?

The best part about this one was paying a consultant mega dollars to tell us our kicking needs improving and that our coach needs help.
I wouldn't be calling GW a consultant if I were you. He gets a bit grumpy sometimes.

‘Pie in the Sky Travel’ appear to have rebranded itself as ‘Precinct Travel’.

Hmmm, dunno why they’d wanna be doing that? o_O

Anyway, in a regressive step, they’ve gone back to assuming that the entire membership base live in Melbourne :rolleyes:

Hot Tip for the folks in Precinct Travel - us interstate members might not be huge in number, but would have thought that flogging us trips to the MCG would be a pretty easy sell?

Last edited:
I am singlehandedly taking the credit for the FOREVER slogan in 2018.

The Club obviously took my "advise" :$ :oops: in regards to the diluted message from the constant use of "Side By Side" in my survey recommendations.

View attachment 433885

View attachment 433886
It may have come up before but does anyone else think Taylor Adams looks like Lou Richards. They have very similar facial expressions.

It may have come up before but does anyone else think Taylor Adams looks like Lou Richards. They have very similar facial expressions.

519-Lou_Richards.jpg Taylor+Adams+AFL+Rd+3+Sydney+v+Collingwood+WKsGfuGaOeAl.jpg

You might be onto something there..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back