Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Geelong

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Football

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? He was BOG only a couple of seasons ago against Melbourne after a few weeks out.

He usually starts very slow still

Perfect opportunity coming off the bye and having that extra time to adjust.
It’d be interesting to know how much the players feel they get out of it.

Are there any grounds around Adelaide wide enough to simulate the MCG?

The Parklands?

If we write this week off it leaves us needing 2 wins from either Port, WCE or Collingwood + win the 5 we should = top 4 chance.
Port is a gimme :) nah, I totally understand what you're saying. But I'm more confident against Pies / WCE and Port than this week. it's so rare anyone gets anything out of Cat park sadly.

These types of statistical anomalies tend to be self perpetuating after some period of time, what I mean is the media keep telling everyone how difficult it is to win at Kardinia Park and strangely enough everyone believes it, and behold the performances/results support it. Simple message to any team that goes down to Geelong thinking they will not go well is that they are right. You have to believe in your team, your plan and your ability to execute it, earn the right to be confident by preparing well and success will follow, simple enough to write on paper...... There is no doubt in my mind Adelaide have the ability to win this game, but do the players all think they do?

Port is a gimme :) nah, I totally understand what you're saying. But I'm more confident against Pies / WCE and Port than this week. it's so rare anyone gets anything out of Cat park sadly.
Not sure where I said Port is a gimme ?

These types of statistical anomalies tend to be self perpetuating after some period of time, what I mean is the media keep telling everyone how difficult it is to win at Kardinia Park and strangely enough everyone believes it, and behold the performances/results support it. Simple message to any team that goes down to Geelong thinking they will not go well is that they are right. You have to believe in your team, your plan and your ability to execute it, earn the right to be confident by preparing well and success will follow, simple enough to write on paper...... There is no doubt in my mind Adelaide have the ability to win this game, but do the players all think they do?
As Slippery Pete once said on here, if you line up before the bounce thinking you are at a disadvantage, you are at a disadvantage.

I'm not a Ross Lyon fan but I like his mantra of 'anyone, anywhere, any time'.

I’m sick of losing down there, sure it’s hard but bloody hell, our record is pathetic.

I just don’t think we are going well enough to challenge them without Lynch and Jenkins, especially after they have come off a loss.

It’s going to need some Don magic coaching with Tex and Betts to have big games.

I’m sick of losing down there, sure it’s hard but bloody hell, our record is pathetic.

I just don’t think we are going well enough to challenge them without Lynch and Jenkins, especially after they have come off a loss.

It’s going to need some Don magic coaching with Tex and Betts to have big games.
Our AFL record at Kardinia Park is surprisingly not the worst. Still, ******* pathetic though.

AFL records at Kardinia Park (under 25% win rate)
GC 0-5 (0%)
Coll 0-3 (0%)
Melb 2-19-1 (9%)
StK 2-14 (13%)
Rich 2-13 (13%)
Port 2-12 (14%)
Adel 3-17 (15%)
Freo 3-15 (17%)
GWS 1-4 (20%)
Carl 1-3 (25%)

Our AFL record at Kardinia Park is surprisingly not the worst. Still, ******* pathetic though.

AFL records at Kardinia Park (under 25% win rate)
GC 0-5 (0%)
Coll 0-3 (0%)
Melb 2-19-1 (9%)
StK 2-14 (13%)
Rich 2-13 (13%)
Port 2-12 (14%)
Adel 3-17 (15%)
Freo 3-15 (17%)
GWS 1-4 (20%)
Carl 1-3 (25%)

10 out of 17 at 25% or under?

Yikes

It’s the only game at the start of the year when the fixture comes out that I immediately write off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this game and he way we seem to be setting ourselves as well as the Cats who fancy themselves and want to make a statement after last weeks loss has all of the signs of being an epic.

What have we been like coming off the bye in recent seasons?

2018 - Beat West Coast at home
2017 - Lost to Hawthorn at home
2016 - Beat North Melbourne at home
2015 - Lost to Hawthorn at home
2014 - Beat Collingwood at home
2013 - Beat Gold Coast away
2012 - Beat St Kilda at home (just)

2018 - Beat West Coast at home
2017 - Lost to Hawthorn at home
2016 - Beat North Melbourne at home
2015 - Lost to Hawthorn at home
2014 - Beat Collingwood at home
2013 - Beat Gold Coast away
2012 - Beat St Kilda at home (just)
At least we’re not playing Hawthorn

The way Jake's doing his warm up already throughout the interview seems he's pretty pumped. We win this, this time. F U Geelong and your ****hole potato-shaped paddock.

I started feeling seasick.

Got a sneaky feeling we might actually pinch this one.

The way we shutdown GWS has me thinking we might be able to pull this off. We seem to be replicating Richmond of 2017 a little bit making sure the game is extremely close and then with about 10 minutes to go putting the foot to the petal and walking away with 3-4 goal wins.

We play a very different style to what we played in 2017 and what we were playing when we vsed them in round 3. Going to be a cracker of a game I think.

I'm wondering who do we now aim for up forward with Enright and Mackey out?
Taylor our only option or do we use Duncan as our new hit up forward.

In all seriousness I put many of our recent losses down to poor coaching.
I really think Jenkins missing this game is a huge blessing in disguise, especially if Himmelburg can get motoring and offer constant leads up to the 50m mark like I've seen him do on occasion.
We go for our "bomb it in long" to a flooded,flatfooted forward line full of noone able to contests in the air type game and the usual result is a given.

Back