Fact of the day: The previous 7 sides that have been more than a game clear on top of the ladder......

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond 2018
Adelaide 2017
Hawthorn 2016
North Melbourne 2016
Fremantle 2015
Port Adelaide 2014
Collingwood 2011

Didn't win the flag

Have the cats peaked too early or will they continue on and win the flag?

Learnt from '08.

Keep going hard and racking up the wins until round 15 or 16 and then start to rest / manage veterans and rookies. Can probably afford to drop 3 to 4 games while managing players and still finish top 2.

I think you could argue that half of those examples were clearly not dominant sides, evidenced by relatively poor percentages, and most of the others didn't open up a 6-8 point break until the eve of the finals. Doesn't really fit in to what Geelong has been able to do so far and how up and down the rest of the competition has been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peaking? I don't think they've really started yet. It's a long year and Geelong are just traveling at the minute, doing enough to win by 3 or 4 goals each week. They might have a slump along the way, but i now expect them to finish 18 - 4 or 17- 5 by the end of the year! Top 2 should be assured and that is a prettty good springboard especially if they get the Eagles, Brisbane or Adelaide first up in a final in Melbourne!

Richmond 2018
Adelaide 2017
Hawthorn 2016
North Melbourne 2016
Fremantle 2015
Port Adelaide 2014
Collingwood 2011

Didn't win the flag

Have the cats peaked too early or will they continue on and win the flag?
Ask us after R23

The One Game Clear Curse.

I always wondered if anybody else would pick up on this.

Now the cat is out of the bag, and the Cats are no chance for the flag.

I haven't been sleeping properly lately.

This is like a NBA on ESPN stat.

Only three people with a sister scored a triple double after they had a bacon and egg breakfast while staying at a Hilton hotel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back