Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

We were last on tackles earlier in the season when we'd beaten the pies and dees (and had less poor results).
Well I suppose we got the ball in those games didn't we. So it's not that crucial.

It's when you're not tackling in games you're getting rolled in is the issue. That was the worry vs Port and Hawks.

Fagan appears to have either a memory problem, or a reluctance to mention Ryan Lester by name when handing out praise. For the second week running he starts rattling off names for praise and leaves Lester out. Check his answer to a question at 2:00 mark. I don’t think this is good enough. At 7:48 Fagan tells us that Geelong lost on Thursday night, when they won. He is clearly under the pump. Journalists were too polite to correct him.

Chris Fagan: Round 15 Press Conference

Fagan needs to study this. If your job is to lead and motivate, you can’t get stuff like this wrong. Stick this to the back of the toilet door Fages.

Captains: Lachie Neale and Harris Andrews
Vice-captain: Hugh McCluggage
Leadership group: Josh Dunkley, Ryan Lester, Daniel Rich, Jarrod Berry, Charlie Cameron, Oscar McInerney, Lincoln McCarthy, Jack Gunston

Fagan appears to have either a memory problem, or a reluctance to mention Ryan Lester by name when handing out praise. For the second week running he starts rattling off names for praise and leaves Lester out. Check his answer to a question at 2:00 mark. I don’t think this is good enough. At 7:48 Fagan tells us that Geelong lost on Thursday night, when they won. He is clearly under the pump. Journalists were too polite to correct him.

Fagan needs to study this. If your job is to lead and motivate, you can’t get stuff like this wrong. Stick this to the back of the toilet door Fages.

Leadership group: Josh Dunkley, Ryan Lester, Daniel Rich, Jarrod Berry, Charlie Cameron, Oscar McInerney, Lincoln McCarthy, Jack Gunston

Mate .....

Mate .....
Thanks Nunez - but it is what I am noticing.

Hope you are going well and the music career is going from strength to strength. Just about to give this a workout.
IMG_6079.jpeg

Cant just enjoy the win? This and the Joe cant football stuff is poor commentary.

I think you and Froggy just need to get a room 3KZ and relieve all this pent up sexual tension.

I mean there was literally a part in the presser where he said something along the lines of ‘I shouldn’t try to name players because it doesn’t go too well’. I think he’s well aware that he is just a bit forgetful when put on the spot to immediately name who he liked. Also the criticism of ‘he didn’t specifically say my favourite player played well for two straight weeks’ is far from constructive criticism.

I think you’re overthinking it. Lester is a big boy and is one of the last players I’d expect needing to be motivated and led. He’s a great leader in himself and isn’t one of the player’s that is inconsistent in his week to week efforts.

I mean there was literally a part in the presser where he said something along the lines of ‘I shouldn’t try to name players because it doesn’t go too well’. I think he’s well aware that he is just a bit forgetful when put on the spot to immediately name who he liked. Also the criticism of ‘he didn’t specifically say my favourite player played well for two straight weeks’ is far from constructive criticism.

I think you’re overthinking it. Lester is a big boy and is one of the last players I’d expect needing to be motivated and led. He’s a great leader in himself and isn’t one of the player’s that is inconsistent in his week to week efforts.
I agree. It just seemed strange, as was did the statement that Geelong lost on Thursday night.

I agree. It just seemed strange, as was did the statement that Geelong lost on Thursday night.
That was just a slip of the tongue I feel. For me the Fages pressers are interesting not for what he says but the dead giveaways when he responds to something he doesn't like or when he goes into defence mode.

Clearly he's a fellow who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that people watch the coach’s presser to rate him according to how close he mirrors their own opinions?

Tbh I think it's weird you don't over-analyse every comment he makes. What sort of fan are you?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we tack something onto the end of the welcome to country spiel?

We'd like to pay our respects to elders..... past, present & emerging.

And we'd also like to acknowledge and give thanks in advance to Ryan Lester for his accomplishments and achievements in tonight's game.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that people watch the coach’s presser to rate him according to how close he mirrors their own opinions?
grin considering these days there is a tendency to rate historical documents, ancient civilisations, previous decades, films, plays, songs, politicians etc etc etc all according to how close they mirror the rater's current socio-political sensibilities why would it be surprising to have coaches rated the same way... ;)

Some have short memories re just how bad we were when Fages took over and where he has taken us. The commentators now have us as "it doesn't matter what Brisbane does during H&A its all about finals". Just enjoy the ride people. Fages deserves to see this group through. He built it.

I know it is hindsight, but was Birchall a win for us? Lost Hinge, and 39 games developement into Madden etc.
Hodge magnificent, Birchall and Gunston were not needed.

We got sucked in by how good Hodge was and doubled down on our Hawks love unfortunately.

My Madden love is no secret but if he had gotten a good run of games I think there is a fair to good chance he would have come on, he just gives me that vibe that he could really offer something at AFL level if given a block of games.

I know it is hindsight, but was Birchall a win for us? Lost Hinge, and 39 games developement into Madden etc.

Hinge has benefited from playing regular games and developing. He wasn't going to get that at Brisbane.

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but it's impossble to quantify the effect of on-field leadership and experience. Without knowing that, it's near to impossible to even attempt answer that question.

Some have short memories re just how bad we were when Fages took over and where he has taken us. The commentators now have us as "it doesn't matter what Brisbane does during H&A its all about finals". Just enjoy the ride people. Fages deserves to see this group through. He built it.

You have echoed my feelings about Fages exactly. We'd still be lounging around the bottom half of the ladder if it wasn't for Fages and Swanny.

We lost way more back in those bad old days than we won.......now we win way more than we lose.

Which way would you rather?....and who got us to where we are now? Fagan.

We may not have won the flag yet, but at least we've been up there putting pressure on the others contesting like us......and we did make the PF. Not a bad effort in my books.

...and if we don't win this year either, at least we will have been one of the main teams giving it a damn good shot!

Be happy and proud of what Fagan and our team have achieved so far because its been a fantastic ride coming from where we were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back