Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m happy to stick my neck out and say if we don’t improve by end of next year, I’d like to look else where for 2024 and beyond.

Which I don’t believe is totally unreasonable considering the list profile at that point and the time Fages would have had. I know it’s a taboo subject for many on here but our messiah has had a few years now for just 1 final win. We need to be real and have open discussion.

He wasn’t the only reason we got out of the dark days. Swann was instrumental, Noble too, our FA & trading and a gathering of draft picks.

Love Fages but it’s time for results.

I'm not claiming - the article said he butted heads with Whiting - highly doubt Whiting instigated it otherwise his whole journo career in QLD footy would be done.

Lol mate... Butting heads means arguing, not literally butting heads.

I’m happy to stick my neck out and say if we don’t improve by end of next year, I’d like to look else where for 2024 and beyond.

Which I don’t believe is totally unreasonable considering the list profile at that point and the time Fages would have had. I know it’s a taboo subject for many on here but our messiah has had a few years now for just 1 final win. We need to be real and have open discussion.

He wasn’t the only reason we got out of the dark days. Swann was instrumental, Noble too, our FA & trading and a gathering of draft picks.

Love Fages but it’s time for results.

I think most are on-board with this being his last contract and if we don't take the next step in finals we should look elsewhere

Lol mate... Butting heads means arguing, not literally butting heads.
Then Im happy to be mistaken - The article spoke of butting heads and possibly getting physical so I thought it was the natural inference.

Could I imagine Fagan actually headbutting someone - no I cant - but he seems like an angry old bugger at the moment who knows everything is going to hell at the moment.

No I dont - what sort of expression?

The idioms butt heads and bump heads mean to come into conflict, to argue, to clash, to be in opposition, to disagree strongly, to compete.

I think most are on-board with this being his last contract and if we don't take the next step in finals we should look elsewhere
I think Fages himself would even agree with this. If we are in the same spot this time next year and it becomes apparent that he has taken us as far as we can go under his watch, he strikes me as the sort of person, for the betterment of the team/club to move on.

Last edited:
Of course, the term "butt heads" was first coined by Biff Tannen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you want to send a personal message to Fages here's your chance.
Episode 7 GIF by The Simpsons

It’s a story written off the back of the footy classified show from last night.

There’s no new developments in that story.

That article's the first time I've heard about it so it was news to me either way.

Someone told me once despite what they say coaches read EVERYTHING that's put up about their club.

So if you want to send a personal message to Fages here's your chance.
I hope Fagan didn't read the review thread then.

He would be left seething all week at online no-name randoms.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back