Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

I get Noble wanted to coach but he clearly jumped the gun in choosing North who at the time were nowhere near the challenging mode of team he should have chosen
I think he faced reality that as someone not in the usual coaching line, it will take unusual circumstances for him to get a chance and this was that.

North thought Nobes would be their Chris Fagan, unfortunately for them there is only one Chris Fagan.
Maybe he is as good a coach as Fagan but maybe you need a great CEO, Director of Football and Coach to rebuild a completely broken club. I dunno that North has much going for them at all at the moment. Perhaps the Club President...

Maybe he is as good a coach as Fagan but maybe you need a great CEO, Director of Football and Coach to rebuild a completely broken club. I dunno that North has much going for them at all at the moment. Perhaps the Club President...
If Swanny wants to move back to Melbourne we can trade Swann for Noble.

Fix ya culcha.

Even Jock McHale wouldn't get this pissweak North outfit to perform.
He might speak sternly to them as well and that would hurt their feelings... I presume somewhere in the graves of ancestral Shinboners there are multiple new whirling dervishes finding it hard to move around

Bring. Back. Hodge. He has all the below attributes.

Master tactician
Profound understanding of the game - more than tactics. The spirit, intensity ...
Calm under pressure
Respect of the players
Idolized by some players. Would (almost)die trying to impress him.
Hard line standards off field (think water not coke).
Hard line standards on field. It's Luke Hodge!
Loves the club
Loves this group of players
Believes in this group.

I'm sure there are many more attributes you ask can add.

Don't care if he is the big cheese or a support coach. We just need him here amongst the players, and especially on game day

Start a movement someone - Hashtag thingy bring back Hodge.

Definitely feels like Fages is under the most pressure he’s been in since he’s been here, as quite rightly he was given a clean run at it in those first couple of years even though they weren’t great and then since then we’ve seen what happened.

But so he now should be under pressure. I’ve said before, this is 6th year now and in that time we’ve admittedly gone from being an absolute basket case but still only won 1 final even after the results we’ve had in the h&a season.

I’ve said before we will be forever indebted to the contribution that he has made to the footy club, but after seeing him being a bit snarky at times this year and this latest “run in” with Fish, I do wonder if he’s starting to have the same doubts as a lot of us on here are having about this group and that it’s gone as far as it can go.

The next 6 weeks of his coaching career I reckon will be the hardest he’s had even more so than taking us from the basket case to being a perennial finals contender.

Last edited:
Bring. Back. Hodge. He has all the below attributes.

Master tactician
Profound understanding of the game - more than tactics. The spirit, intensity ...
Calm under pressure
Respect of the players
Idolized by some players. Would (almost)die trying to impress him.
Hard line standards off field (think water not coke).
Hard line standards on field. It's Luke Hodge!
Loves the club
Loves this group of players
Believes in this group.

I'm sure there are many more attributes you ask can add.

Don't care if he is the big cheese or a support coach. We just need him here amongst the players, and especially on game day

Start a movement someone - Hashtag thingy bring back Hodge.

Pretty sure if Hodge wanted to be a coach he could be a full-time coach for us. Also pretty sure he still does thigns here and there for us too. How are you going to bring back Hodge if he wants to keep on with his media career, which is probably more money and way less stress?

Pretty sure if Hodge wanted to be a coach he could be a full-time coach for us. Also pretty sure he still does thigns here and there for us too. How are you going to bring back Hodge if he wants to keep on with his media career, which is probably more money and way less stress?

Flatter his ego??? We neeeeddd you Luke.

Works for a lot of us.

We brought in Mark Stone thinking he'll be the ideal foil for Fagan. May be we have to look at Ross Lyon. If he's interested and can work as a strong 2IC. This team currently fits the Ross Lyon profile.

He'll tear shreds of our players if defense aspect goes missing and our core is at a maturity level where they can take it.

We brought in Mark Stone thinking he'll be the ideal foil for Fagan. May be we have to look at Ross Lyon. If he's interested and can work as a strong 2IC. This team currently fits the Ross Lyon profile.

He'll tear shreds of our players if defense aspect goes missing and our core is at a maturity level where they can take it.
Ross Lyon - Senior assistant in charge of defensive structure and strategies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they need to be teared to shreds to work defensively then there are significant issues within the playing group

A. He won't leave media work in melbourne for an assistants job in Brisbane; B. there is a reason he didn't get the Carlton job that has nothing to do with what he does on field and a lot to do with various legal settlements; and C. I have no interest in getting one of the architects to the destruction of positive, watchable footy involved in our club.

So in the 10 days since the good win against the Dogs, Fages has had Covid and he has had players going down like flies with soft tissue injuries and Covid and we play with 9 of our best 22 players on the sidelines. At one stage during the week over 20 club personnel are off work with Covid and team meetings are being conducted on-line...a week from hell as far as a Senior Coach is concerned.
Clickbait dicks Barrett and Cornes and bitter and twisted Lions hater Lloyd contribute to an article critisizing Fages for getting stroppy with a journo.
Jeez, I think we should cut Fages a bit of slack.

So in the 10 days since the good win against the Dogs, Fages has had Covid and he has had players going down like flies with soft tissue injuries and Covid and we play with 9 of our best 22 players on the sidelines. At one stage during the week over 20 club personnel are off work with Covid and team meetings are being conducted on-line...a week from hell as far as a Senior Coach is concerned.
Clickbait dicks Barrett and Cornes and bitter and twisted Lions hater Lloyd contribute to an article critisizing Fages for getting stroppy with a journo.
Jeez, I think we should cut Fages a bit of slack.

Greg Davis has never been our biggest fan either

I'm not claiming - the article said he butted heads with Whiting - highly doubt Whiting instigated it otherwise his whole journo career in QLD footy would be done.
There is a bit of a difference between getting all up in someones grill and launching a Liverpool kiss. I guess we will soon find out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back