Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

face-palm_1f926.png

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-10.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg

Let me guess.........does the description say "ItS a RePlIcA"?

No, but it is 'Excellent Quality' and on a 'BIG FINALS SALE!!'. Right when we see fakes that are very convincing (Crows and Suns Indigenous) we're back to these ridiculous ones. It never ends!

Where did you find these, Bali?

Nah all of them are on eBay actually. I searched very ambiguously (i.e. 'AFL Football Footy Jumper Guernsey') and scrolled through. Heaps and heaps of the Sekem replicas but every know and again a fake pops up. There's shorts as well:

s-l1600.jpg s-l500.jpg

eza316

Team Captain
May 30, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's worrying that fakes are starting to add GPS pouches. Usually the patch is one of the best ways of identifying a real jumper. Fortunately, in typical fake jumper style, they look terrible.

To counter these new types of fakes, which are gradually becoming very convincing, is it time for a well-publicised program of attaching NFL-style holograms to jumpers? Many people who aren't jumper nerds would not see the difference between reals and fakes, adding a hologram is a clear and effective way of targeting the stereotypical footy fan and making retail jumpers feel extra special

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's worrying that fakes are starting to add GPS pouches. Usually the patch is one of the best ways of identifying a real jumper. Fortunately, in typical fake jumper style, they look terrible.

To counter these new types of fakes, which are gradually becoming very convincing, is it time for a well-publicised program of attaching NFL-style holograms to jumpers? Many people who aren't jumper nerds would not see the difference between reals and fakes, adding a hologram is a clear and effective way of targeting the stereotypical footy fan and making retail jumpers feel extra special

Also does not help when ISC have not put a eagles logo watermark through the PI jumpers this year... was a very easy and quick way to spot a fake puma in past years... other than train wreck fakes like the above lol

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
Its even more odd when you consider ISC do it for the Crows and no one else (that i've noticed).

WCE have done well to keep the ISC seconds off eBay as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats is classed as seconds? Official kit but an error in manufacturing or something else entirely?

These definitions come from rabbitoh21's huge comprehensive guide:

- prototype: a guernsey made mostly for display purposes, or to demonstrate a new design for online votes, board meetings etc. These are generally one of a kind and are often made in one size only. They will often contain subtle differences to the finally agreed upon guernsey, even if the prototype’s concept is used eventually. These will rarely be worn, especially in any capacity apart from modelling. They may or may not be player issue or player edition quality, depending on what the particular prototype in question was used for.

- misprint/seconds: a guernsey which does not meet quality assurance or quality control for one reason or another. This is commonly due to an error in printing, be it colour, logo placement or orientation, etc. or in manufacture such as wrong collar or cuffs. Extremely rare but often not as valuable as imagined. This does not include fake guernseys. Misprints and seconds are simply disposed of by the manufacturer, or kept by an employee, and are rarely, if ever, sold.

I believe StevieJ83 is referring to a prototype, as many would have been made before the final design was settled on

6299C0E4-753A-4BC9-B46F-27E07E068828.jpeg

Came up on my news feed as one of those dodgy-ass suggested posts. Where oh where do I start with this bad boy...

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
what the * is this garbage?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Signed-...616526?hash=item2603fc310e:g:ovYAAOSw8Y1bpbX3

Seriously, people have bid $150 with 6 hours remaining?
also lol @ If wanting a COA (certificate of Authenticity)for this item is an additional charge of $40 and we will get this item certified for you and send the hard copy certificate with the guernsey.
I assume they just print some crap out lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back