List Mgmt. Father / Son / Daughter Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if the club see him as another Wigg and feel we may be too small moving forward. He is very clean but if we are serious about finals big bodied midfielders are key. They dont have to be quick just clean and effective.

Caleb Daniels was lauded all season, but didnt have the same effectiveness in the finals and was almist invisible in the firat half of the GF when the heat was on.

Wonder if the club see him as another Wigg and feel we may be too small moving forward. He is very clean but if we are serious about finals big bodied midfielders are key. They dont have to be quick just clean and effective.

Caleb Daniels was lauded all season, but didnt have the same effectiveness in the finals and was almist invisible in the firat half of the GF when the heat was on.

Caleb Daniel was just about BOG against the Eagles in their first final. He was good across other games. He's also a second year player.

Harrison wigg listed as 179.

Wigg obviously has an elite leg, but you'd think that Jarman all round skills and footy nous will be comparable and maybe end up better

I have a feeling the reason Jarman supposedly hasn't decided yet is the same reason Danger hadn't, in other words he's picked Hawthorn but doesn't want the decision to be known until he's got one foot already out of the state.

I want to make it clear that I'm not having a go at him, it's his choice and he's under no obligation to join us, but I can understand that he might be thinking there's greater opportunities for forging an AFL career at a club with an ageing list where more vacancies may emerge. So it's only natural that he may want to avoid the scrutiny until as late as possible.

Jarman smashed it in the skill testing at the combine yesterday. I wouldn't mind recruiting someone who can actually kick straight for goal.
He did well but "smashed it" is a bit of a stretch...

clean hands test (score out of a possible 30)
Ben Jarman (28)

Oliver Florent (28)
Ryan Garthwaite (28)
Callum Brown (27)
Jarrod Berry (27)
Will Hayward (27)
Patrick Lipinski (27)
Sam Powell-Pepper (27)
Jack Bowes (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Joe Atley (26)
Myles Poholke (26)
Jonty Scharenberg (26)
Harry Perryman (26)
Jack Maibaum (26)

Kicking test (score out of a possible 30)
Jordan Ridley (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Jarrod Berry (25)
Ben Long (25)
Sam Walker (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tom Williamson (24)
Dylan Clarke (24)
Kym LeBois (23)
Willem Drew (23)
Josh Battle (23)
Jake Waterman (23)

Goalkicking test (score out of a possible 30)
Sam Powell-Pepper (30)
Harry Morrison (25)
Joe Atley (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Jonty Scharenberg (25)
Ryan Garthwaite (25)
Zach Sproule (25)
Tim English (25)
Liam Baker (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tyson Stengle (24)

Ben Jarman (28)

Oliver Florent (28)
Ryan Garthwaite (28)
Callum Brown (27)
Jarrod Berry (27)
Will Hayward (27)
Patrick Lipinski (27)
Sam Powell-Pepper (27)
Jack Bowes (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Joe Atley (26)
Myles Poholke (26)
Jonty Scharenberg (26)
Harry Perryman (26)
Jack Maibaum (26)

Jordan Ridley (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Jarrod Berry (25)
Ben Long (25)
Sam Walker (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tom Williamson (24)
Dylan Clarke (24)
Kym LeBois (23)
Willem Drew (23)
Josh Battle (23)
Jake Waterman (23)

Sam Powell-Pepper (30)
Harry Morrison (25)
Joe Atley (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Jonty Scharenberg (25)
Ryan Garthwaite (25)
Zach Sproule (25)
Tim English (25)
Liam Baker (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tyson Stengle (24)
I have no desire to sit here and add them up, but don't these numbers make him one of the best in this years draft?

Why is jarrod berry bolded?

I have no desire to sit here and add them up, but don't these numbers make him one of the best in this years draft?

Why is jarrod berry bolded?
Like I said his numbers were very good but smashed it is overcooking it a tad.

Copy and pasted from a previous post in the Draft needs thread re the bold.

For the record it is acknowledged by all he has a very good skillset, the slight knocks have been his lack of pace, size and athleticism.

Like I said his numbers were very good but smashed it is overcooking it a tad.

Copy and pasted from a previous post in the Draft needs thread re the bold.

For the record it is acknowledged by all he has a very good skillset, the slight knocks have been his lack of pace, size and athleticism.
I've heard a lot (mostly on this board) that he is slow.
From Charlie Cameron to current day Scott Thompson, how slow is he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard a lot (mostly on this board) that he is slow.
From Charlie Cameron to current day Scott Thompson, how slow is he?
For his height and build and in the roles he is likely suited to at AFL level [small forward] he appears very average. More Jarryd Lyons than Charlie Cameron is perhaps how I'd put it.

I have a feeling the reason Jarman supposedly hasn't decided yet is the same reason Danger hadn't, in other words he's picked Hawthorn but doesn't want the decision to be known until he's got one foot already out of the state.

I want to make it clear that I'm not having a go at him, it's his choice and he's under no obligation to join us, but I can understand that he might be thinking there's greater opportunities for forging an AFL career at a club with an ageing list where more vacancies may emerge. So it's only natural that he may want to avoid the scrutiny until as late as possible.

It had been implied much earlier on here that the Crows were not that interested in him. He himself said very recently that he wasn't even sure if both clubs were interested in him. I don't think, therefore, that your feeling is necessarily correct: maybe we should be working on the club, rather than him?

Ben Jarman (28)

Oliver Florent (28)
Ryan Garthwaite (28)
Callum Brown (27)
Jarrod Berry (27)
Will Hayward (27)
Patrick Lipinski (27)
Sam Powell-Pepper (27)
Jack Bowes (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Joe Atley (26)
Myles Poholke (26)
Jonty Scharenberg (26)
Harry Perryman (26)
Jack Maibaum (26)

Jordan Ridley (27)
Isaac Cumming (26)
Jarrod Berry (25)
Ben Long (25)
Sam Walker (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tom Williamson (24)
Dylan Clarke (24)
Kym LeBois (23)
Willem Drew (23)
Josh Battle (23)
Jake Waterman (23)

Sam Powell-Pepper (30)
Harry Morrison (25)
Joe Atley (25)
Josh Williams (25)
Jonty Scharenberg (25)
Ryan Garthwaite (25)
Zach Sproule (25)
Tim English (25)
Liam Baker (25)
Ben Jarman (24)
Tyson Stengle (24)
Seems AFL standard.

What did Tredders say? I think I missed the segment.

Didn't really say anything

Still making his mind up. Will chat to both clubs again and see where the interest lays.

However, IMO - I think hes off to the Hawks and isn't saying anythink to avoid any local backlash from media, family or friends who justy expect him to be a crow.

If he was going to join the crows and they wanted him, he would just announce it now.

My money is on him joining trhe Hawks

Didn't really say anything

Still making his mind up. Will chat to both clubs again and see where the interest lays.

However, IMO - I think hes off to the Hawks and isn't saying anythink to avoid any local backlash from media, family or friends who justy expect him to be a crow.

If he was going to join the crows and they wanted him, he would just announce it now.

My money is on him joining trhe Hawks
Agree. I think it's because our office doesn't stack up. Hawks does.

It had been implied much earlier on here that the Crows were not that interested in him. He himself said very recently that he wasn't even sure if both clubs were interested in him. I don't think, therefore, that your feeling is necessarily correct: maybe we should be working on the club, rather than him?
I heard the interview and thought that he was being modest in answering the question when he said that he wasn't sure of interest. I didn't read anything into it actually. He said he was meeting with both clubs that day. Why would we do that if not interested? Rucci making something out of nothing again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back