Preview FFC 2015 Fixture. (An early view)

Remove this Banner Ad

Never been to Tassie and was thinking of heading over for a family holiday this year.

With the Hawthorn game being during the school holidays, that has just firmed as my likely away game for the year, then hopefully the GF.

Barely beat us in both derbies despite us smelling like, looking like & worshipping arse for most of last season, you better hope we don't improve next year.

EFA

Is it just me or does there seem to be more Sunday games than we’re used to? I never liked playing Sunday games myself when I was running around as a kid, almost most of our Sunday games are against 2014 bottom 8 sides. I Seemed to be more awake on Saturday.

Oh well pretty happy playing Port and North twice, at this stage. Lets hope WC and Rich don't miraculously shoot up the ladder. Lets fly Peel thunder to Aurora Stadium again.

Good chance of that occurring I reckon.

That month-plus (it'll end up being six weeks with our game against Port no doubt being on a Saturday – as is the case for all finalists) of seven day breaks is going to hold the side in prime position. I can't see us winning the flag because as soon as your eyes light up at fixtures, that's probably an indictment on a lack of confidence, but it could be the difference between fifth and third/fourth. No excuses at all. Supporters have to have high accountability this season – half of yers believe this is another one of this is the year. So if it is, don't settle for injury excuses or poor form or whatever else.

Putting aside the likelihood of getting another smackdown by the Hawks there...

It's a great place to go and watch the footy. The city stops for it, pretty well everyone walks there and it's a carnival atmosphere. On top of that, the people there are great.

If we win, you will enjoy it even more :)

Travelling to watch a loss has been par for the course for the majority of my Freo watching over the years. Even the last 2 years, Richmond at the MCG then last year Sydney at the SCG when they had been rubbish up to that point of the season and we went in favoured to win !

Always good to go to different venues and savour the experience. A win would be nice though !

We cannot complain about our draw. About as good as it gets.

The draw looks good to me.

What i like:
- Getting Geelong at Simonds out the way in Round 2.
- Playing top 4 teams once each.
- No consecutive 6 day breaks.
- 5 of the 6 day breaks leading into home games.
- 1 Bye round
- No split Round 1
- Barring Port game the last month of the footy should hopefully allow us to hit some good form coming into finals (possibly a double edged sword though)

What I don't like or understand is why WA teams have to travel to Launceston every year to play the Hawks. Pretty sure Freo have been 3 out of the last 4 years.

Good to see Gillon is waiting for GWS to become a juggernaut before sending us over there to play them :rolleyes:

Good Fixture overall though (i dont care about Sunday games.. i dont have much of a life other than footy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cannot complain about our draw. About as good as it gets.
This is the problem. It is accepted that we travel to Tasmania and play at Kardinia Park while other clubs do not have to. It should not be accepted. Stuff the COLA and the Acadamies the fixture is be most unfair thing in the AFL. And because tbe clubs thar benefit the most are Collingwood and Essendon and the rest of the Victorian football mafia nothing happens about it.

Good to see Gillon is waiting for GWS to become a juggernaut before sending us over there to play them :rolleyes:
When they finally challange for top 4 we will play them twice...

But generally that draw in pretty solid. Will in the end depend a bit how North, Port, Richmond and even WC go next year...

That month-plus (it'll end up being six weeks with our game against Port no doubt being on a Saturday – as is the case for all finalists) of seven day breaks is going to hold the side in prime position. I can't see us winning the flag because as soon as your eyes light up at fixtures, that's probably an indictment on a lack of confidence, but it could be the difference between fifth and third/fourth. No excuses at all. Supporters have to have high accountability this season – half of yers believe this is another one of this is the year. So if it is, don't settle for injury excuses or poor form or whatever else.

Would Hawthorn have beaten Port in the PF with Lake,Gibson and bruest all missing,Mitchell playing with a broken foot and fractured thumb and Hale having to play with a ****ed knee, ribs and lung?

Port would've rolled hawthorn IMO

Would Hawthorn have beaten Port in the PF with Lake,Gibson and bruest all missing,Mitchell playing with a broken foot and fractured thumb and Hale having to play with a ****ed knee, ribs and lung?

IMO they would still have found a way ... we weren't far off though

What?

Keep up the excuses. That's what s**t teams are made of. You will never get a luxury run with injuries, a good draw, flights leaving on time... that's not the way anything works. Why hope for it and use anything but it as an excuse? Freo's injury woes weren't that bad.

The team has fundamental issues. Still. That's what is limiting us from a flag

Glad we finally play you blokes away. No excuses ;) Sucks you guys have a heap of sunday games this year, shocking.

Sort of agree but being in WA means we need a bit of help with the fixture. A bad fixture is probably worse for us than any of the other contenders.

Yeah, I'm with general consensus. It's not too bad a draw all considered. Got to have a bit of give and take. Playing Syndey here for a change is nice. Travelling to Tas is a pain and you can pencil that in pretty firmly as a loss. But the fact is we're going to have to go there from time to time the way things are set up.

Down side is the finish. Can't say I'm thrilled having to face Port in what may well be a cut throat game (as it was this year) when some of our potential rivals, have (in theory) easier games. e.g. Hawks v Carlton on Fri, Sydney v Gold Coast (at SCG). Long way to go before then, so may be a nothing point, but I like the idea of having an easier game to finish the year than a tough Port game in Adelaide.

It always seems Freo play on Sundays, which I personally don't mind. It's a bit worse in the eastern states but no Freo fans live in the eastern states. Doesn't seem unusual or bad at all, so long as you're not getting five day breaks then I see no issue. It never intercepts with going out on the piss too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back