Finals schedule

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the cleaners slow at their jobs?

You've got enough people hired at the footy to help read your tickets at every block. For two stadiums. Completely blew me away.

The people that run Subi, (I've worked for them) have rocks in their heads... they have trouble keeping a lid on big games as it is. See burning down of an entire showroom just before bounce down Round against Port. I say with absolute conviction it's impossible to have a night-day turnaround.

Not common to have 2 games at a non vic ground on the same weekend... unlike in Melbourne when the mcg could have 3 and the staff are pros.

Well they will have to find a way to have a shorter turnaround....picking up a few pie wrappers and beer cups. Cant be that hard.....

The travelling team is entitled to the right to be on a plane home that night and get a full 7 day break

Well they will have to find a way to have a shorter turnaround....picking up a few pie wrappers and beer cups. Cant be that hard.....

The travelling team is entitled to the right to be on a plane home that night and get a full 7 day break

Agree that Subi should be able to be turned around in that time, and there’s no reason why it can’t be. I worked there and it could be turned around from a night rugby game to a day football game the next day no problem.

Secondly, agree that the travelling team should be able to travel home straight after the game – the thing is, unless the game starts at about 11am the earliest flight back to Sydney leaves at midnight to arrive first thing EST due to the Sydney curfew. So… day or night game makes no difference. In reality, I would think Sydney would prefer a night game so they can fly home sooner after the game’s finished.

Agree that Subi should be able to be turned around in that time, and there’s no reason why it can’t be. I worked there and it could be turned around from a night rugby game to a day football game the next day no problem.

Secondly, agree that the travelling team should be able to travel home straight after the game – the thing is, unless the game starts at about 11am the earliest flight back to Sydney leaves at midnight to arrive first thing EST due to the Sydney curfew. So… day or night game makes no difference. In reality, I would think Sydney would prefer a night game so they can fly home sooner after the game’s finished.

Fair enough ...was assuming it would be a Melbourne flight home....Sydney curfew obviously means that it cant happen unless they want to catch the redeye (unlikely)

Fair enough ...was assuming it would be a Melbourne flight home....Sydney curfew obviously means that it cant happen unless they want to catch the redeye (unlikely)
I could be wrong, but I believe that when Sydney played West Coast the players had the option of catching the red-eye or staying the night and getting an early morning flight.

I could be wrong but my thinking would be that they'd rather play at night and get straight on the red-eye given they'd be hyped up from playing and probably taking caffeine pills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back